.thirty-seven.

Fate: The First Meeting

On the very next day, Seungyoon got up earlier than usual.

He couldn’t wait to go to the café and shared the good news with his boyfriend.

Thank you, Lord.

And thanks to you too, mom. I really hope you will give us your blessing.

As he was wearing his socks, he could hear Jinwoo’s voice from downstairs.

“Yoonie-ah, palli! I’ve been waiting forever for you!”

Seungyoon shook his head, as he knew that cousin of him just arrived a few moments ago.

Forever my a**.

As he was walking down the stairs, his father walked out of his room.

“Son, have a good day. Remember, I’ll always love you no matter what.”

Seungyoon could see his father was smiling brightly, not acting like his usual self.

“And, congratulations to you, adeul!”

“Dad!”

His father was laughing as he bid goodbye to Seungyoon and Jinwoo, before went back into his room.

“What is that about? Sangim samchun congratulated you on what occasion? Is there something that I need to know?”

Jinwoo blurted out the questions, leaving no room for Seungyoon to even answer one of them.

“Hyung, it’s nothing. I will tell you when the time is right, arasso? Now, let us go to the café.”

He then pulled Jinwoo’s hand and headed out of his house.

“Hey, take it easy. We’re not rushing anyway.”

Jinwoo was confused as he saw Seungyoon was smiling all alone.

“And why are you smiling? Aha! It must be because of Taehyun, right? Matji? Matji?”

Seungyoon acted like he wasn’t listening to his cousin and straight away walked to his car.

“Hyung, palli! Who’s gonna drive for today? Is it me or you?”

Jinwoo could only shake his head and took the car key from Seungyoon’s hand.

“Let me. I know that you’ll not gonna focus on the road anyway.”

“Hyung! What are you talking about? Why am I not going to focus while driving?”

Seungyoon protested and didn’t want to get into the car.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoon! Do you want me to scratch your car? You better get yourself inside the car now!”

Without wasting any time, Jinwoo went into Seungyoon’s car, acting like he was ignoring him.

“Hyung, wait!”

Seungyoon hurriedly went into the car when Jinwoo started the engine and revved it up.

 

*

 

At the time they got to the café, it was five minutes past 8 a.m.

There were not too many customers, except for a couple who were busy taking photos of each other.

“Did you see Taehyun, Seunghoon?”

It was the first question that Seungyoon asked as soon as he stepped into the café.

He looked around, trying to find Taehyun but he couldn’t be seen anywhere near.

Seunghoon who was tidying up the bar startled by that sudden question.

“Oh, it’s you. Nope. He didn’t come in yet.”

“He wasn’t here yet?”

Seungyoon then glanced at his watch.

8. 15 a.m.

Taehyun should already be at the café by that time as he always the one who opens the café.

“It’s okay, then.”

He then gave a call to Taehyun, hoping that he will pick up his phone.

“Sorry, the number you’ve dialed couldn’t be reached at the moment. Please try later.”

It was the operator, not Taehyun.

Where is he?

“Yoonie-ah, is Taehyun here?”

Jinwoo walked in from the back door right after coming back from the parking lot.

“He wasn’t in the kitchen.”

Jinwoo was looking for Taehyun too as they needed to discuss a reservation made for an advertisement shooting.

“Why don’t you guys ask Mino?”

Seunghoon voiced out before made his way into the kitchen, with his hands full of empty glasses.

“Song Minho sshi. Come here for a sec.”

Jinwoo called Mino to the back of the counter before followed suit by Seungyoon.

“Wae, hyung?”

“Jinwoo hyung wanna ask you about Taehyun. Did you see him this morning?”

Seungyoon asked his best friend on behalf of Jinwoo.

“We couldn’t find him anywhere. And he didn’t even pick up his call.”

Seungyoon continued before checked his phone for the nth time.

“And I’m going to ask you guys the same. Just now, I tried to call him but it went straight to the voicemail.”

All three of them exchanged gazes in silence.

No one could figure out where Taehyun would be at that time.

As if he just vanished into thin air without leaving anything behind.

“Hyung, what if something happened to him? It was the second time something like this happened.”

From his face, it could be seen that Seungyoon was worried sick about his boyfriend.

He seemed restless and kept checking his phone from time to time.

“Yoonie, be patient, okay? I bet nothing bad had happened to him. It might be that he forgot to charge his phone. Who knows?”

Jinwoo's answer didn't bring any comfort to Seungyoon as he knew his cousin was not sure of that too.