.thirteen.

Fate: The First Meeting

“And now we’re free!”

Mino ran out from the hall before took a halt a few metres ahead.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoon! Hurry up!”

Mino couldn’t wait any longer to get his favourite ice cream at the school cafeteria.

He wanted to celebrate the end of their school life as they've done with the final examination.

“Mino-sshi, calm your . I’m coming. Wait, give me just a minute.”

Seungyoon was so excited until he forgot to take along his pencil case from the hall.

In the next two days, they will have their graduation day and will officially become the alumni of Binghamton High School.

How time flies.

Then, Seungyoon followed Mino to the cafeteria that was nearly filled with the students.

“You said you want to treat me, right? You did promise me though.”

Mino asked Seungyoon while his eyes scanned through the menu that consists about 30 different flavours of the ice cream.

“Okay, fine. It’s on me today.”

Seungyoon leaned against the ice cream vendor stall and took out a ten dollars bill from his wallet.

“Here you go.”

Mino looked at him with wide-opened eyes.

“This is too much, Yoonie.”

“Just buy the ice creams and don’t forget to take back the balance. Don’t finish up the money!”

He then walked to the nearest bench and waited for Mino.

At the time he pulled out his phone from his backpack, a call came in.

“Jinwoo hyung!”

He smiled widely and picked up the call.

“Jinwoo hyung, bogoshipo!”

Jinwoo’s high-pitched laugh could be heard at the end of the line and Seungyoon brought his phone away.

“Ya, hyung! Keep your voice down!”

“Oops, sorry Seungyoonie! Hehe!”

“Hey, sorry for not calling you back. How’re you doing?”

Seungyoon could hear Jinwoo sighed.

“Not too good. Well, I’m a loner now.”

“I remembered! Last time, you said that you wanna tell me about your girlfriend, right? So, what’s up?”

“My ex-girlfriend.”

Seungyoon let out a small laugh when Jinwoo corrected him.

“Sorry, hyung.”

“Actually, she was…”

“Yoonie, let’s go!”

Seungyoon saw Mino was waving at him from the ice cream stall.

“Omo, hyung. I need to hang up now. I promise that I will call you back later. Mianhe!”

“Okay then! I will keep your promise, dongsaeng!”

He hung up the phone and ran towards Mino.

“Wait up! Don’t eat the ice cream yet!”

 

*

 

He had just finished talking with Jinwoo on the phone when his father called him from the downstairs.

“Seungyoon-ah, come here. Palli!”

“Nae, dad!”

He ran down the stairs and nearly tripped over Brownie’s toy on the edge of the last step.

“Ouch!”

“Ya, don’t run! Be careful.”

Seungyoon then took a seat at the dining table.

“What’s the matter, dad?”

He could see that his father was wrapping all his porcelain stuff with the newspapers.

“Don’t you think it’s too early to pack all the things?”

He was confused and just watched his father put all the stuff into the boxes.

“But, we are going back next week, right?”

“Nope, we’re leaving tomorrow.”

Seungyoon’s jaw dropped.

He was speechless when he heard that sudden news.

“Tomorrow? Are you serious, dad?”

His father nodded and continued with his works.

“You should pack your things right away so that nothing will be left behind.”

“But, dad. I had told Mino that we’ll be leaving next week.”

His father didn’t give any reaction and walked to the living room to take the vase on the coffee table.

“Didn’t you say that you’ve to attend a meeting the day after tomorrow?”

“The meeting was cancelled. So, I think it’s a good idea to go back to Seoul earlier.”

“Dad, can’t you postpone the date? Maybe we can go back at least the day after tomorrow."

Seungyoon pleaded as he felt it was too soon to be leaving the States.

And how about Mino?

“I can’t, Seungyoon. I had already booked the flight’s tickets.”

“Woah, you’d already booked the tickets? But, when?”

“Don’t mind about that. Now, go to your room and packed the things that you want to take along with you.”

“How about the bed and closet? The bedside table? The mirror? The…”

“Except for those big furniture. It's not like we're not coming back, right? So, we don’t need to bother about moving all of those things out.”

Seungyoon nodded before he ran upstairs with Brownie tagged him along to his room.

“Okay. Where should I start first?”

He then took a look around his room.

“It will be easier if dad told me about this beforehand. You know that I couldn’t work properly in a short time, right?”

He threw himself onto the bed and took Brownie into his arms.

“Brownie-ah, we’re going back to Seoul tomorrow. Are you excited?”

She wagged her tail in happiness and Seungyoon’s face.

“Stop doing that, you silly girl!”

He then put his dog away and stood up.

He opened the closet before took out his huge, red luggage.

“Oh my. I've got too many clothes to pack.”

He let out a heavy sigh but eventually started with the packing.