.eleven.

Fate: The First Meeting

When he woke up, Seungyoon could feel tears running down slowly on his cheeks.

He could feel the sadness, as if it was him that was in the dream.

That poor boy’s grandma was gone.

And, he got to know the boy’s name was Taehyun.

Seungyoon had promised himself to find out who that boy was and why he kept appearing in his dreams.

“You had awake?”

Mino rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned before got himself up from the bed.

“I’m gonna miss you, buddy.”

He then walked towards the sliding door and pulled the curtains.

The sunlight shone into the room.

It was Mino’s last day at Seungyoon's house.

Later tonight, Seungyoon’s father will come back home from the outstation.

Next week, it will be the last time for them to see each other as the school was over.

Seungyoon had agreed to follow his father back to South Korea when he finished school.

Meanwhile, Mino will stay in the States for some times more.

That was because his mother needed to be at the hospital for frequent check-up.

“Don’t say that.”

Seungyoon wiped away his tears before walked towards Mino.

“I will not miss you, bro.”

He smiled and had made Mino furious with his statement.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoon! How dare you?”

“Yes. That’s because you’re already in my heart, so there’s no reason why I should miss you.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet!”

Mino hugged his best friend and tried to kiss him, but Seungyoon managed to get himself out from his arms.

“Let’s have our last breakfast together. Then, we can go out for a walk.”

Seungyoon walked downstairs, heading to the kitchen before followed by Mino.

Deep in his heart, he was glad to have Mino beside him.

He was just like a vitamin, always cheerful and happy.

And at least, he could forget about the dreams for a while.

 

*

 

Both of them had agreed to go to Central Park for a walk.

Maybe it will be their last walk together before school ends, as starting from next week they’ll be having their final examinations.

The park was nearly packed by people as it was school holidays.

Many of the parents could be seen together with their children.

Some of them were playing Frisbee, and some were picnicking under the tree and along the riverbank.

No doubt that the park had been their favourite place since they stepped their foot in this foreign country.

“It’s been a long time since we’re here, right?”

Seungyoon asked Mino who was immersed in opening his Subway sandwich’s wrappers.

“Yup.”

As he could remember, the last time they came to the park was about two weeks ago.

They didn’t have much time together as there were piles of homework to be done.

When he looked at Mino, his best friend was still struggling with the wrappers before Seungyoon took it from him.

“And I still remember the first time you saw your girlfriend-wannabe.”

He then passed back the sandwich to Mino who looked puzzled.

“Me? Who?..”

A few moments later, Mino snapped his fingers and became excited out of sudden.

“Yeah! This is where I fell in love for the first sight with Minah!”

Seungyoon laughed at Mino and took a bite of the sandwich that he was holding.

“Ya, Kang Seungyoon! This is mine!”

He smiled and pretended to look to the other direction.

“I told you to buy a sandwich but you’re such a cheapskate! And now you’re eating mine!”

“I’m sorry, okay? Don’t worry. I’ll buy you more sandwiches next time.”

Mino’s eyes were glowing and it annoyed Seungyoon.

“Gomawo, Seungyoon-ah! Saranghae!”

“Ya, no kissing in the public!”

Seungyoon pushed Mino away and luckily he didn’t fall from the bench.