.five.

Fate: The First Meeting

“Yeoboseyo? Who's there?”

“Can't you tell who am I?”

Seungyoon could hear the caller giggled at the end of the line.

“I’m sorry, but who…”

“Yah, Kang Seungyoon! How dare you!”

Then, he remembered straight away after hearing his high-pitched voice.

“Jinwoo hyung! Bogoshipeoyeo!”

Seungyoon was so excited to know it was his dearly missed cousin, Jinwoo.

“Yeah, I know right. By the way, how’s your life there?”

Seungyoon didn’t answer Jinwoo’s question right away, as his mind went to the dreams that troubled him lately.

“Hello. Are you still there, Yoonie?”

“Yeah, yeah. I’m here, hyung.”

“Are you having a problem?”

Jinwoo’s voice sounded worried as he was afraid something bad had happened to Seungyoon.

“Nah, I’m just fine. So, how’s Aunty Kim?”

Seungyoon tried to change the topic and hoped that Jinwoo didn’t suspect anything, and he was right.

“Oh, my mom? She’s doing well. When are you guys coming back home?”

Seungyoon let out a small laugh.

“Maybe not in this meantime. I still got a few months to finish up my studies.”

He could hear a heavy sigh coming out from Jinwoo’s mouth.

“You know what, since you had moved to the States, I felt lonely and…”

“But, you got Jihyun, right?”

“We’ve already broken up. Yesterday to be exact.”

“Jinjja? Wae?”

Before Jinwoo could answer his question, he could hear his father was calling from the downstairs.

“Hyung, I’ve got to go. I’ll call you back later.”

After the call was ended, Seungyoon rushed down to get his father.

 

*

 

“What? Are you serious, dad?”

His father nodded.

Seungyoon was shocked by that news.

Before this, his dad never goes anywhere for more than two days.

But, this time he needed to be outstation for a week.

One goddamn week.

“Why don’t you invite Mino to spend some nights here?”

He never thought about that before.

Seemed it was their school holidays, maybe he could invite Mino to stay overnight with him.

“Is that okay with you, dad?”

Seungyoon asked, as his father never let any of his friends to spend their night at the house before.

“Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem. But the thing is, you have to keep the house clean and don’t forget to take Brownie for a walk sometimes.”

“Aye captain!”

Seungyoon helped his father with the luggage and waved him goodbye from the front porch.

“Take care of yourself, son. See you soon!”

He gave Seungyoon a flying kiss before his car went out from the sight.

Seungyoon took a look at Brownie and let out a sigh.

“I guess, we’re the only one in this house for tonight.”

He then picked up Brownie and went into the house before locking up the door behind him.

Out of sudden, his stomach growled and decided to make kimchi ramen for himself.

Seungyoon enjoyed his supper while watching Inkigayo and he cheered when his favourite group, EXO made their appearance on the screen.

“Baekhyun-ah, saranghae!”

His loud voice had startled Brownie that was sleeping in his dog house.

“Oops, I’m sorry, Brownie!”