.twenty-nine.

Fate: The First Meeting

The journey to Hanam from Seoul took about 21 minutes’ drive, as both of the cities located approximately 21 kilometres apart.

It was a smooth drive for both of them as there were fewer cars in the traffic.

Seungyoon looked to the outside, admiring the surroundings.

It was the very first time that he ever been to Hanam, even though it was the hometown of Jinwoo’s mom – and his – too, apparently.

“And, we are here.”

Jinwoo’s car had stopped in front of a house and made Seungyoon back to reality.

“Whose house is this? Taehyun’s late grandma?”

Seungyoon asked before stepped out from the car.

“Yup, it is. Or, it was. And, don’t ask me how on earth I could know about this. Not on my own. Taehyun had told me before.”

“Chill, hyung. I didn’t say anything, okay?”

While they were walking into the house’s compound, they could see a pair of shoes in front of the main door.

By a glance, Jinwoo could recognise them being Taehyun’s.

Both of them called out his name on top of their head simultaneously as they stepped inside.

As for Seungyoon, he really hoped that he could meet Taehyun there.

Suddenly, they saw a body lying on the floor.

They freaked out to find it was Taehyun.

At last.

“Nam Taehyun!”

Seungyoon was the first one to run towards Taehyun and tried to wake him up but to no avail.

“Let’s bring him into the bedroom.”

Seungyoon took Taehyun into his arms and Jinwoo helped by holding the door for them.

At the moment Taehyun was put on the bed, they could see his eyelids moved.

Thank God.

A few moments later, Taehyun was awake and seemed to be puzzled.

“Where am I?”

He was surprised to find Seungyoon and Jinwoo were with him.

To his astonishment, he never told anyone else about his late grandma’s place except for Jinwoo.

And it was during the time he started working with Jinwoo at the café.

Taehyun couldn’t believe that Jinwoo would tell Seungyoon everything.

He couldn’t be sure about that, but he just wanted to assume it that way.

He tried to get up from the bed but Seungyoon stopped him from doing so.

“Taehyun-ah, don’t be mad at Jinwoo hyung, okay? Nobody needs to tell me anything about Hanam. I’ve known it by myself. Don’t you remember about my dreams?”

Taehyun completely forgot about what Seungyoon had told him before.

The dreams, where Seungyoon felt as if they were the same person, sharing the same lives, but in two different worlds.

Seungyoon then remembered about the men whom he met at Taehyun’s apartment a few days back.

“You know them?”

Taehyun couldn’t think of anyone at the moment but was shocked when Seungyoon described their appearances.

“They’re my dad’s men. And how on earth could they know that I live in Seoul?”

Little did he know, it was a piece of cake for his father.

“Guys, I don’t want to stay here anymore. Could you please take me back to Seoul?”

“Sure thing. Do you want me to stay with you tonight?”

Jinwoo asked while helping Seungyoon with Taehyun.

“Gwenchana, hyung. I can manage myself for the night.”

“And don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything.”

“How is it possible? I didn’t even have your number, Seungyoon.”

“You don’t have to worry as I’ve saved it for you.”

Seungyoon smiled and looked at Taehyun, unaware of Jinwoo’s eyes that were looking at them.

 

*

 

Seungyoon felt like that day was the longest day for him.

From being panicked of Taehyun’s sudden disappearance to finding him unconscious in his late grandmother’s house all the way in Hanam.

He jumped onto his bed and checked his phone.

Still, there’s no message from Taehyun at all.

Maybe he was doing just fine.

He then logged into his Twitter account and scrolled down the feed.

After a few minutes, he yawned and closed his eyes for a second.

At the moment he opened up his eyes, he could see Taehyun was watching TV.

Where am I?

He took a look around before realizing he was at Taehyun’s house.

Suddenly, a call came in.

“Yeoboseyo?”

Seungyoon could see that Taehyun was frowning when he picked up the call.

From afar, he could hear Taehyun addressed the caller as ‘dad’.

That was his dad? The one who kidnapped him?

From his place, he couldn’t grip any details of the conversation.

Taehyun’s voice was not clear and he had ended the call briefly after that.

Seungyoon tried to walk closer towards Taehyun, but his legs were glued at their place.

It was the very first time that he couldn’t move freely in his dream.

He then tried to call for Taehyun but to no avail.

There was no voice coming out from his mouth.

What the hell?

Taehyun was seen scrolling down his phone when there was a knock on the door.

He stood up and went to get the door without hesitating.

From afar, Seungyoon tried to warn him not to get the door but failed.

He felt like something bad was going to happen.

Please no.

At the moment the door was opened, Seungyoon could see the same men whom he met a few days back.

Without any warning, both of the men tried to pull Taehyun out from the house, and Taehyun was seen fighting back and resisting with all his might.

But, they were stronger.

They managed to drag Taehyun out from the house and Seungyoon was left alone, frozen.

He felt useless as he couldn’t do anything to stop them and saved Taehyun.

Suddenly, he felt like his body was pulled from behind.

Moments later, all went black.