Lost.

The beauties and the beasts : The EXO Secret.

Kris slowly made his way to his beloved's grave. He read the words 'In the loving memory of Krystal Jung, 1994-2014' carved in the grey rock along with a beautiful picture of her. A picture he actually took back on a mission in Russia. She was such a good agent. He was at a loss of words. He couldn't believe the one and only girl that only brought out the best of him was... gone. Forever. At this very moment, a memory hit him. It was still very vague so he closed his eyes to completely re-live the moment. He was asleep next to her, at the hospital. She leaned in and whispered those words in his ear 'When I'll be gone... Please don't cry. Instead, be happy I was. Reminisce all of our good moments together and laugh. Smile. Smile because I'll be watching you from above and smiling along." And then, all the memories flew. From the very first day they met to the very last. Painful, beautiful memories.

He shot his eyes open. She always wanted the best for him, even when she was dying. He kneeled down next to her grave and put the bouquet of flowers on the fresh grass. Tulips. Her favorites. He then leaned in and gently kissed his lost lover's picture. One last kiss.
 
"Sorry..." He whispered as he let a tear flow down his cheek. He then stood up and joined his friends. Kris wanted to be the last one to properly say goodbye to Krystal in the whole bunch. Why ? Because she always said 'Last stands for best.' The ride to the house was silent and there was a heavy atmosphere. No one dared to talk. Even the bright Baekhyun was silent. This day, everyone, 2pm, F(x), CSJH, Super Junior, EXO... They were all here to mourn Krystal's death. There were no teams or clans. Just humans. It was the beautiful thing about SSO. Whenever there was trouble, they knew they could all stand for each other no matter conflict or differences they had. They all cried on this day, agent or not agent. Even Mr. Jung shed tears. She was such a bright girl and a good agent. One thing's for sure, she won't ever be forgotten. Once at the dorm, they all went down of the cars and walked into the house with heavy steps. All except Kris. He was still sitting in the car, staring blankly into space. He didn't even realize that they arrived. Victoria, who was still sitting behind him in the car, handed him an envelope. He didn't notice the thing she was handing so she shook it in front of his eyes until he snapped out of it.
 
"...What's this ?" He said.
 
"It's from Krystal." She said. He grabbed the envelope and waited for Victoria to get down of the car. 
 
"To my beloved Kris." Were the words written on the back of the envelope. He opened the envelope and carefully unfolded the precious and delicate letter. It even had her scent on it.
 
"My dear Kris,
 
I hope you're doing well. By the time you'll read this, I'll be gone. I don't want you to cry, scream or stop living. Instead, you should be happy. You should always keep a place for me in your heart but you should never lock it. Open your heart to people who still need you, Kris. Don't worry, you won't be alone. I'll always watch you, cheer for you and hold your hand from above. I'll always be here. This is not a farewell but a 'goodbye'. Because we'll see each other again when the time will come. An old legend says that if you cry because of someone's death, you burn them. I don't know if it's true but I don't want to find out this way so don't cry, I don't want to be burnt. If you cry, you're hurting me. Don't isolate yourself from others. Don't close your heart. Don't stop smiling. Don't stop living. You're the leader of the pack so if you're down, they will be, too. Enjoy every moment with everyone. It's with a bitter note that I'm saying my last words to you, my love. Don't forget to always look back. Always. I'll always love you... 
 
Your dear Krys."
 
Kris carefully folded the letter and pressed it against his heart before kissing it and replacing it back into its envelope. He went out of the car and stepped into the house where he found s being comforted by their loved ones. They all shot their  heads up and looked at him.
 
"Guys. Gather 'round." He said. They were beyond shocked. Everytime Kris wasn't feeling well he's just lock himself in his room for a week without speaking to anyone... This time it was Krystal's death... After getting a grip on themselves, they made their way to their leader and formed a circle around him.
 
"Yesterday... We lost someone that meant a lot to us. Our dear Krystal. She was a little sister to us all but also an example to follow. Even when she was sick and dying, she never stopped smiling. So shall we. I don't want everyone to cry because she's gone because if we cry... We hurt her. I want you guys to reminisce together the moments you had with her and smile while thinking about her. I want you guys to pray for her, everyday. I want you guys to keep a special place for her in your mind, soul and heart. I want you guys to forget the conflicts and be there for each other. I don't want you guys to feel down. And in last... I want you guys to open your hearts to me and cherish the moments. Life ain't nothing but a mothering rollercoaster. I love you guys." He hugged and kissed the top of their heads. With that, the EXO bond was even stronger. The girls watched the guys with tearful smiles. As all the attention was on the guys, Sooyoung slowly made her way to Tiffany.
 
"Unnie..." She tapped her shoulder. Tiffany's smile faded.
 
"Unnie, I wanted to tell you I'm so sorry... I was so stupid of doing such a thing... What happened to Krystal only confirmed even more the fact that life is so short... I'm so sorry... I don't even know..." She started shedding tears. Tiffany pulled her dongsaeng into a tight hug.
 
"It's okay Young-ah... Don't cry... Like Kris said, we should smile and enjoy the moments together..." She said. They broke the hug as Sooyoung wiped her tears away with a thankful smile.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
"Hey..." Jessica stood in the door frame of Kris' room.
 
"Hi." Kris casually replied.
 
"Kris, I'm not here to create trouble, for real. I wanted to apologize and tell you that I'm here for you... And that I'm sorry for your loss." She made her way to him.
 
"I forgive you, Jessica. I've decided not to hold grudges against people again." He said. She smiled as tears filled her eyes.
 
"...Can I take you in my arms ?" She said. He nodded. She immediately pulled him into a tight hug and closed her eyes to enjoy the moment. It's been a while. She missed this feeling.  
 
"Kris ?" Hyorin's voice went. Kris' eyes widened as he ran to Hyorin who was standing in the door frame. He ran to her and she threw herself into his arms. He held her tightly against him. Jessica just watched the scene and awkwardly stood there.
 
"Oh Kris I'm so sorry..." She said.
 
"Me too..." He said as he buried his head in her neck. Jessica didn't feel it was the right place and moment to be here so she quietly exited the room, leaving the two in each other's arms. Well... At least he forgave her.
 
A WEEK LATER
 
GG's hiatus came to an end and they had to pack their bags and go back to Seoul. It was a very sad moments for both groups because of all the intense moments they've spent in this house. It was filled with loads of memories that will surely never fade away. It was with tear-filled eyes that both groups made their way to the apartment after saying goodbye to the house that meant so much to them. Once there, they took a direct flight to Seoul. They didn't even have time to properly say goodbye to their girlfriends that GG was taken away and pushed into cars by the S.M. staff. It's with heavy steps that they rode their cars back to the SSO headquarters.
 
"We're back home." D.O. said.
 
"Finally." Suho added.
 
"EXO, in my office." Mr. Jung's voice went through the enormous hall. Without loosing any time, they rushed to Mr. Jung's office and barged in without knocking. They closed the doors behind them and sat in the couches. Mr. Jung turned and looked at them with a smile, clapping his hands. They smiled along.
 
"Bravo, guys. You made it. You succeeded." He said.
 
"Thanks Boss." Xiumin said.
 
"How was it ?" He said sitting at his desk.
 
"Well, at the beginning, it was rather difficult because they were all arrogant and stuff but I can say that it was pretty enjoyable towards the end." Sehun said.
 
"Pretty enjoyable huh ? Who was, Tae ?" Baekhyun smirked making the maknae embarrassed and all the others laughing like retards.
 
"I'm glad you're in relationships and happy guys. It's been a while since I saw you so relaxed and joyful. I like that." Mr. Jung said. They all looked at each other and smiled.
 
"Okay, you can go back to your house and rest now. I'll call you if there's anything." He said. They all looked at each other doing weird gestures. They slowly stood up, slowly stretches, slowly made casual remarks, slowly looked for the exit and slowly made their way to it.
 
"My, those doors are so heavy ! I can't open it !" Tao said.
 
"Aiish, let me rest before we try opening it." Suho said panting. Mr. Jung giggled.
 
"EXO ? Goodbye." He said. 
 
"Ah... Yes." They scratched the back of their heads and walked out of the office. Mr. Jung could hear them swearing even from the outside.
 
"Guys ?" He said. They rushed in the office at speed of the light with glad smiles.
 
"Don't forget to take your weapons." He said. 
 
"Yes... Boss." They slowly made their way towards the big doors again, disappointed.
 
"Okay fine, here are the numbers." He said as he handed them a sheet of paper they grabbed at the speed of light with extreme joy.
 
"Thanks boss !" They ran out. 
 
"These guys..." Mr. Jung shook his head with a smile. As EXO reached their dorm, it's with an incredible excitement that they all ran to their respective rooms and threw themselves on their phones to call their girlfriends. Unfortunately, none of them was reachable. As Baekhyun was looking for a way to see his girlfriend, a memory randomly hit his mind. A memory that's been haunting him for years...
 
-------------------------------------------
 
2 YEARS AGO
 
"Junho yah. Don't lie. We know you've been meeting an EXO member since weeks." Taecyeon said with an angry voice.
 
"He's not 'an EXO member.' He's my friend." Junho said, solid as a rock.
 
"EXO aren't our friends. Why do we need friends for when we have each other ?" Junsu butted in.
 
"Guys, Baekhyun was, is, and will always be my friend. Whether you want it or not." Junho said.
 
"Really ? We'll see about that. Make a choice. Baekhyun or 2pm." Taecyeon crossed his arms.
 
"Hyung..." Nichkhun looked at him in worry.
 
"Let him choose." Taecyeon said. Nichkhun exited the room. He didn't want to be a part of this.
 
"Really ? Is that what you're telling me ? To childishly choose between my family and my best friend ?" Junho said, hurting. Yes, he was hurt. Taecyeon was always the one he looked up to the most.
 
"Like you said, we're family. They're not." Taecyeon said.
 
"I'd rather have a best friend that believes in me rather than a family that pushes me out." Junho made his way towards the door.
 
"I'll come back and get my stuff later." He said before opening the door.
 
"No need to. You'll find it on the grass when you'll come back." Taecyeon replied which made shivers run down Junho's back. Nevermind. Can't back down. Junho took his car and drove to his last friend's house, hoping to be comforted. He pressed the doorbell. At his surprise, it was Baekhyun that opened the door. He was glad.
 
"Hey Baek." Junho greeted him with a relieved smile.
 
"Junho ya... What are you d-doing here so late ?" Baekhyun seemed uneasy and not very glad to see his friend. Junho frowned.
 
"I came to see you, stupid. What else would bring me here ?" Junho laughed. But his smile soon faded when he noticed Baekhyun acting strangely. 
 
"Why, did I come at a bad moment ?" Junho said.
 
"Actually, yeah..." Baekhyun scratched the back of his head.
 
"Oh, okay... When should I come back ?" Junho said.
 
"...Never." Baekhyun sighed.
 
"W-What ?" Junho was bewildered.
 
"Junho yah, with all those things happening between our gangs, I don't think that's possible... We'll only create more and more hurt to each other. Sorry. I don't want to disappoint my members." Baekhyun said looking at his friend straight in the eyes.
 
"Oh... Yeah, you're right. Ummm... Okay... Well, I'll just... Leave." Junho said with a fake smile. He was pretended to be smiling but his heart was being torn to pieces.
 
"Alright. Goodbye." Baekhyun bid his old friend goodbye.
 
"Goodbye..." Junho said with a bit of bitterness in his mouth. He just got pushed out by s because of him and now he, the friend he trusted more than anyone, back stabs him and throws him away ? My his was too much for him. Way too much... How could he even befriend such a betrayed ? Suddenly, he started regretting. All the moments and memories they shared together... He'd banish them out of his mind. Forever. Junho went into his car and drove off to the closest bar. Nichkhun who's been watching the whole scene waited for Junho to be gone then made his way towards the door of the EXO dorm entry. He presses the doorbell.
 
"What are you doing here ?" D.O. opened the door, frowning.
 
"Easy homie. I need to see Baekhyun. " Nichkhun replied. Without even having to call him, Baekhyun showed up.
 
"What do you want to see me for ?" He said.
 
"I heard everything you've said to Junho. I saw you pushing him away. Destroying your friendship." Nichkhun said with hatred in his tone.
 
"Look, if you're here to make me regret or change my mind, it's no use. I've made a decision. I want what's better for my group." Baekhyun said.
 
"Don't worry, I didn't come for that. I happen to have some dignity. Hell, did you think about what was better for Junho ? Your best friend, the one that's been with you through it all ? During your darkest and brightest moments ? No. You only think about yourself... Junho was kicked out of the gang because of you." Nichkhun said. D.O. and Baekhyun's eyes widened.
 
"What... ?" Baekhyun said.
 
"Like your gang did, Taecyeon hyung asked him to choose between us and you. You know what he answered ? He said he wasn't going to let you down and that you'd always be his friend. So he was kicked out. He did a sacrifice for you. And that's how you get back at him ?" Nichkhun said. Baekhyun felt so dizzy he had to sit down not to fall.
 
"Oh my God..." His eyes started getting teary.
 
"Yeah. You ed up big time. Anyways, like I said, I didn't come to make you change your mind or anything. I just want you to reflect." Nichkhun said, went in his car and drove off.
 
"Baek, are you okay ?" D.O. kneeled next to his dongsaeng.
 
"Hyung... What did I do..." Baekhyun started crying. D.O. sighed. On this one night, a bond was broken... And it wasn't about to get fixed.
 
THE NEXT MORNING
 
Baekhyun made his way towards the hospital room and pressed the door, his whole body shaking.
 
"What are you doing here ?! Get out !" Taecyeon almost hit him.
 
"Taec !" Junsu yelled. Taecyeon stopped in looked at him with hatred.
 
"It's all your fault he's in this state. You told him you didn't want to be his friend anymore and he went to a bar and drank about 30 bottles of alcohol. Look what you've done to him." Taecyeon said pointing at a weak Junho laying on the hospital bed. He was pale. He was awaken though. Without taking Taecyeon's words in consideration, Baekhyun slowly made his way to Junho's bed.
 
"Junho yah..." He started tearing up. Junho looked at him and frowned.
 
"Who are you ?" He said.
 
"What do you mean ?? It's me, Baekhyun ! Do you have amnesia ?!" Baekhyun started panicking.
 
"Khun hyung, give me some water please." Junho said. He certainly didn't have amnesia...
 
"Look, Junho... I'm very sorry about what I said yesterday... I regret. A lot. It won't happen again..." Baekhyun said with a glimpse of sincerity and regret in his eyes.
 
"The only friend I had that happened to be named 'Baekhyun' told me he didn't want to be my friend anymore, yesterday night. I respect your choice. I didn't fight back. I didn't want to make the task harder for you, seeing that it wasn't easy for you. But don't you show up to my face and tell me you regret. Because I don't believe you. I forgave you, don't worry... But I'll never forget about that. Baekhyun, we'll never be friends again." Junho said. Baekhyun's heart was literally ripped to pieces. You couldn't even put the way he was suffering in words. The pain he felt at this moment was indescribable. Not because he was sorry but because his friend who was now laying on a hospital bed said those cold words without even flowing a tear. He looked like a robot. With no emotions at all. That's what hurt Baekhyun the most. And what hurt him even more is the fact that he wasn't about to change his mind any soon.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Baekhyun shook his head to get rid of those thoughts. They only reminded him how much of an he was. While he was sulking, a text he never expected to be sent to him popped on his screen... Goosebumps took over his bod as he read the name. He shivered as he opened the text.
 
"From : Junho
 
We need to talk."