Kaihleelo

ROS'E Review Shop [Closed]
ROS'E REVIEW SHOP
|KAIHLEELO|
o6eF0OA.png
250 x 349
REVIEWER:SEUTACLARICE_


 
Xckfi7A.png
☓ REVIEW PICKUP

Story Title : 3.5/5

The title is okay and it has truly points out the main essence of the story which is zombie. Also, your title is able to capture potential readers' attention especially those who are a fan of such theme. However, you would need to work on your chapter's title. Some of your titles are too long and it seemed more as a filler instead. I would recommend that you have a short or one word title for each of the chapter instead. Eg. Tore/ Blood

Graphics : 7/10

Your poster fits the theme well, being dark yet clouding with mystery. Your quote has also shown the slight angst in this story and how strong Seungho is in the story. However, your chapter's cover page is otherwise. Your chapter's cover page is too bright for a dark theme. It doesn't fit your story plot. Instead it looked as if it is more suitable for a brighter theme with some strictness. 

Description/Foreword: 4/10

The description technically is a summary of the whole story and there are grammatically errors here and there. This would reduced the surprise element for your readers when they are reading your story. Also, you might need to improve on your description. I felt that your description is not as interesting as your title might be. An example could be as such: 
Dead Wayfarers. Or better known as: zombies.
Time is running short with the survival rate decreasing.
Yoo Seungho. A man who faced the fate of his zombified family.
His main goal.
To protect his brother from the dead wayfarers at all cost. 
But things aren't as easy as his past mistake begins to haunt him.

I would suggest that you align left for your description as it seemed pretty messy. To add on to that, please do change the highlight and colour of your characters' description. It is really hard to read. Also, the way you list your characters are messy. You might not need to put in their family members' status except for Seungho and Kyungsoo. It would be better if it is as follow:
Yoo Seungho: (Personality and weapons used)
Jun Gyu: (Personality and weapons used)

Plot : 25/30

You do have a interesting plot. You did a good job in the flow of your story from the start to the end and it is coherent throughout the entire story. There is no part that is too awkward or filler. Also, it is interesting on the plot about the three parties fight, the Dead Wayfarers, the WWVI and the survivors.  

Writing Style & Grammar : 12/20

In terms of grammar, there are some minor grammatical mistakes here and there. However, there are not big mistakes and I am still able to understood the story. Also there are some parts that has a repetitive words or missing words. I would suggest you to reread your story to fill them up and hire a beta-reader to edit your story. 
About your writing style, it is slightly messy. It is probably because of the fact that you inserted pasts in between your story. You probably would need to put double line spaces or put the past in italics. There are a few moments that I am confused that the next paragraph that I'm reading is from the past memory or the present. Please do fix that.
Also, the pace of the story at the start is quite slow. You probably want to make the storyline tighter and more packed. Honestly, the only attention-grabbing part and the tense moment is only towards the end.
Also, I would strongly encouraged you to work on the gore scene and the killing scene. Since it is a zombie-themed story coupled with horror, I would expect a lot of gore in your story. However, most of the gore is merely on the blood and there isn't much description on how the blood splattered. The different moves made by the killers would have different effects on how the blood would splurt out. Also, you might want to include the different slight movement of the zombies when they are "killed" and how the head rolled (since most of it involved attacks on the head). The lack of description in gore is especially obvious in the part where Seungho is demembering zombified Kangin. You can describe hoe he cut up the skull, how the blood flowed out, the white pulsing brain covered by the dark sticky liquid etc. Be really descriptive of it. The cutting of the skull does not just involved the blood. It also involved the brain matter and other parts of it. You might want to take reference from some gore movies or horror movies. About the killing scene it gets a little repetitive especially at the first half of the story. 
Aside from that, the person who might get killed is expected and it does not bring much surprise factor. Readers would have known that the person who is not named would be zombified.
Also, it would have been better if there is a brief description on what exactly is WWVI and why does they want Seungho that much. It would have been better to explain how did the zombies come about and if it is related to the doings' of WWVI. However, I noticed that you have a series to this story so I let that go slightly as I would expect you to address those issues in the series. 

Characterisation: 7/15

On the characters, I love how you describe their helplessness and emotions. It is depicted well. However, on a side note, there are some characters who does not fit into the personalities you gave them. Kyungsoo seemed to act more toward like a younger brother or older sister. You might want to take note of that since he is the main character here. He seemed way too innocent or weak. You probably should incorporate more fighting scene by him instead or he would seemed like an extra and a burden in the team instead, especially so that he is a full-grown man. Another character would be Jun Gyu. The way you depict him does not fit his age. Since he is a man with much more experience in life, you probably should show his maturity in some cases as well. But all in all, I like the characters you choose as it fit their face-claim images as well.
I have seen your request that you wanted a in-depth review of Seungho's personality. It is true that Seungho seemed slightly too superior but it is understandable especially in his situation and how important to him to protect his brother. However, there is not many times where I felt him relatable. In the first half of the story, he does not seemed human. He is more like a killing machine. It was only until Mark's death that showed his emotions. You might probably want to include why he is so protective of his brother. Is it because that Kyungsoo is his only family or it is because of the guilt he had for allowing the zombies to kill the rest of his family? It would have been better if you insert some of his personal thoughts on what he is thinking. I'm sure that there would be some point that he is weak in his heart. He is still human after all and he couldn't be strong all the time. It would have be more realistic if you do that. There are many points where I might questions on his actions or behaviour so I suggest you to incorporate the thoughts off his and this would be easier to follow. Also, Seungho seemed too strong physically. How did he managed to be in this way? To add on, he seemed to be active all the time and does not get tired. Is it because of the purple liquid's doing? But all in all, Seungho seemed a little superior but it would be fixed if you put in more thoughts of him to make him more real. However, I do like the part where you describe how cold he is when killing, how he has got "addicted" in killing and his leadership skills. 

Personal Enjoyment : 4/10

It's a little hard to follow your story at times. Also, there are some moments that just doesn't excite me. The part that really got interesting is the last few chapters. Also, I felt a slight disappointment when reading as I am able to expect what the next event is going to be.

Total : 62.5/100 It's okay you still passed !! 


COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS:

I'm sorry if I am too harsh and got on your nerve. It is my first time reviewing and these are truly honest opinions of myself as a reader. It is perhaps because I am a great fan of such zombies story with gore and hence I tend to be more harsh and has more expectations for your story. But I hope it does help you. :) But overall it is a nice story with a good plot. 

REVIEWED ON: 28/2/15