Second,

She...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year later... 

Rane's POV. 

"Fany's umma ah, I'll be leaving for Japan next week for a course for a year. So.. you can rent the house to others." 

"Aigo, why are you leaving suddenly? How are you going to survive there alone?" 

"Ah, geokjeong hajimaseyo, I have a close friend there. She offered me a place to stay, with her and she knows i cannot afford to pay her rent so she says i could clean up the house for her as rent." 

"Oh, i see. What course are you taking?" 

"Finance and accounting, the private school there offers me a scholarship with my grades." 

"Ahh, i see. Aigo, i'll miss you so much. Fany won't want you to go." 

"I'll miss you too. Thank you so much for taking care of me so well for the past 14 months. I came to Korea alone, without knowing the language and place well, yet you and Uncle Jacob let a stranger like me in your house, giving me a place to stay, for free." 

"Aniyo, i thank you. Fany's grades are improving so well after you came and started tutoring her. This daughter of mine don't listen well, but since you came, she became more obedient and less stubborn. Fany's appa treat you like his daughter already. Same goes for me." 

"Aniyo... I really really... don't know how to thank you and your family.." I started crying. 

-

Still remembered 14 months ago, i came to Korea alone. I didn't know anyone, i didn't know the language, i didn't know the place. I left home due to various personal reasons, and decided to 'flee' to Korea. Upon reaching the country, i'm just a 18 year old Singaporean Chinese girl, with two grand singapore dollars with me, and my luggage filled with clothes and other, things which mattered to me, and instilled in me was English and chinese language. I hailed a cab and asked the driver to send me to a hotel which i've researched online about. 

I was sitting at the hotel lobby while waiting for my room to be prepared when i saw a tall middle-aged foreigner walking out of the hotel lift. He was carrying his briefcase in one hand, and the other was trying to carry a huge load of documents. He was obviously having trouble carrying them before they fell on the floor, with pieces of documents scattered around. 

-

"Here you go." I said, handing him the documents i've picked for him.

"Oh, thank you very much."

"You're welcome, i think you should get some help with those documents." I replied with a smile. 

"Oh, yeah haha, you speak fluent english. Where are you from?" 

"Singapore."

"Are you a tourist here? Where's your family young lady?"

"Er, yeah you can consider me a tourist i guess? I'm... alone."

"Consider? Why are you alone in Korea? Studies?"

"No. Just, visiting the country, and yeah hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter