35th,

She...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin brought Rane all around the beautiful capital city of Ehime in the short span of two days. He liked the fascinated look on her face everytime something special captured her attention. She looked so satisfied, and ... happy. Yes, happy. Something he always wished he had the ability to make her feel, and he did it.

He was so thankful that she agreed to come here with him in the end, even earning himself a precious night with her. Was it luck, or was it fate, that he was her first, he did not know. Well, it was undeniable that men always liked to be the first for everything, wasn't it? Whatever the case, he loved her so much now, more than she knew. 

He woke up beside her, smiling as usual as he saw her curled up underneath the blankets. Gingerly, he moved out from the bed, hoping that she would remain in her dreams.

It was almost late noon. 

 

-

 

They fell asleep only several hours ago as Changmin initiated to go for night cycling. Her hands were wrapped around his waist, her head leaned on his warm back as he rode the bike and at the same time, she told him stories about her childhood. 

"My dad used to fetch me on a bicycle all around like this when i was young." 

"You miss him?" 

"Everyday. But, he'll always be with me. Mummy too."Rane answered, as her fingers moved to the bracelet on her wrist. "This bracelet, was my mum's. Daddy gave it to me when it was my tenth birthday, which was her tenth anniversary too." 

"It's beautiful. She must have been a really beautiful person."Changmin said after he took a glimpse at the bracelet on her wrist. 

"I'd like to think so too. You know, growing up without her, was hard. Daddy told me every thing about her, and i could feel how much she loved me even before i was born. I felt sorry towards Daddy because of me, he lost her. Even though he never did show that he'd rather have Mummy with him, I could tell that he wished that Mummy didn't leave him at all."

"Why did he remarry? For you?"Changmin asked in a gentle tone. 

"Yeah. He realised, if there was something that i needed, it was a mother. Someone who would understand babies better than him, someone who would be able to take care of me when he was working, and someone who would be able to love me despite me not being her own daughter. Lina mummy had always liked Daddy, and things just happened naturally. What she didn't expect was that, even after marriage, and two sons for him, Daddy still loved Mummy and me more. Slowly, she grew tired of trying to be a good stepmother anymore. It wasn't her fault though. It was mine." 

"Rane.. It's not yours either. You need to learn to stop blaming yourself for everything bad that happens."Changmin disagreed immediately. 

"Hmm." 

Changmin stopped cycling and got off the bike. Rane followed his actions and adjusted his hoodie for him. He took her hands and pulled her closer. Rane raised her eyebrows in curiosity. 

"I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter