39th,

She...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Verane let herself fall on the bed as she sighed, satisfied. 

How long has it been? More than a whole year? It has been that much long of a time since she left Seoul for Tokyo. God knows how much she missed this place. Making a silent note to thank Aunt Seol for keeping the place exactly how it was when she left, a knock on the door paused her train of thoughts. 

"Honey, can i come in?" 

She pushed herself up and said, "Of course." 

When the door pushed open and showed him, she broke into a huge smile. 

"Come here you, young lady."

"Uncle Jacob! I missed you so much!"Rane exclaimed as she gladly accepted his open arms and held him tight. 

The older man laughed. She's happier. 

"You better did! As it is, you left and come back without notice. What if i was overseas? I'd have missed you!"Jacob complained like a child. 

"I'm sorry man. It was a last minute thing. Crazy idea to begin with anyway." 

"Okay, let's have it. What brings you back?"He said as they sat down on the bed. 

"Straight to it huh?" 

He shrugged and kept quiet, prepared to hear her out. 

"You know DBSK?" 

"With Fany......" 

"Right. Mega fan. Uhm, it's a really long story. You sure you're up?" 

"All for you." 

And so she began the story. Detailed and open. She did not have any qualms about holding back her answers whenever Uncle Jacob asked her a question. She adored and trusted him, for he brought her back into the world she once lost, gave her patience and love, without asking for anything in return. The man... is like her father. 

"You went all the way, didn't you?" 

She nodded, "I tried to hold back. But each time i take a step back, i find myself wanting him more than ever. He made me feel emotions i didn't know still exist in me." 

"My dear girl, you're in love."He said proudly. 

"Terribly."She shook her head gently in resignation. 

"Hey, it's a good thing. I haven't seen you this way at all since we met. There's no longer this.... fear inside you. I can see it from your eyes. And your smile, i'll thank god for that, makes everything worthy." 

"My smile?" 

"I'm sure he told you, didn't he?" 

"Yeah, couple of times." 

"Do you know how much it affects man? Darn, but i'll love to protect you all the time if i saw that smile before,"He softened his words and placed his hand on hers, "Before i met your godmother." 

She chuckled and added, "And if you're fifteen years younger." 

"Ouch, that hurt." 

They both laughed out, his hand still on hers. 

If anything, Jacob was delighted to have her back. When she left for Japan, he was overseas, occupied with meetings and new investment projects. 

"It's good to have you back, Rane."He whispered.

"It's good to be back."

 

The following morning, Rane met Changmin at a countryside area nearby Seoul where they wanted to spend some quality time together.

Holding her hand in his, he squeezed gently as he apologised for not being able to pick her up personally for their date.

"Hey... didn't we agree on no apologising for such things? It's being together that matters."Rane reminded.

"I know. I just want you to know how i feel." 

Looking at the shining blue waters of the ocean, she felt nothing but bliss with this man. It felt like they were back in Matsuyama again. Except right now, Changmin has his cap and shades on.

"I miss Matsuyama. With you."He said right then. 

She turned to look at him, surprised. "I was thinking about it as well." 

He smiled, "Next time, we'll go France. All girls love Paris, right?" 

"Next time..?"Scrunching her face, she asked with a slight frown. 

"After we get married. We'll go travelling everywhere." 

She stopped walking and slid her hand away. "Married?" 

Then, Changmin realised she was not exactly happy at his mention of marriage. He his lips before answering carefully, "Yeah. I mean, you know, um, we could always travel before getting married as well. It doesn't matter when." 

Rane did not know what to feel. Happy that he was considering their future already, or afraid that their future will not be what he had imagined. 

"Max.. you're thinking too far ahead."She tried to brush the topic off. However, she knew Changmin was not going to let it go easily. And he did not. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter