40th,

She...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When her silence reached fourteen long days, he gave up. Driving down the late evening streets, his impatience only increased with the heavy traffic on the roads. Calls were missed. Messages were ignored. Even when it was Yoochun, or any of his hyungs, she gave no inch of response. 

 

"Give me that, you're going to break it with that strength you're exerting."Yoochun took Changmin's phone from his hands. 

 

Jaejoong writhed in uneasiness at the backseat of the car, with Junsu sitting in the middle of him and Yunho. He was as upset as Changmin when Verane missed his calls and messages every time he tried to contact her. In fact, he had called her more often than Changmin did, in hope that she would at least respond to him. He was not Changmin, she should not have problems talking to him. He thought. 

 

Yunho tried calling her again with his phone, praying hard she would pick up his call. 

 

It didn't make sense to Yunho. If she was discontented with Changmin, why would she avoid them all? Not to even mention she loves Changmin too much to hurt him this way. This wasn't Verane. She gave in to Matsuyama, she gave in to Korea, what was it that held her back this time? To the extent which she was avoiding all of them. 

 

There had to be a reason. 

 

Then it came upon the leader, what reason did she have?  

 

He didn't know. 

 

After arriving at wherever Changmin drove them to, they were only greeted with "She left almost a week ago". The news crushed Changmin's remaining twinge of hope and Jaejoong's heart. All of them were at a loss. She left. Without a word. Without telling where she would be. Without any indication of when she would be back. 

 

Yoochun was disappointed. He trusted her with Changmin. Seeing Changmin dejected all the time after Rane left ached him. He was the one who pushed the distance between those two closer. He was the very one. Come each morning, he was the one that gave Changmin a pat on his back, reminding him to trust her. Things went the other way instead. Changmin trusted, she didn't. Why?

 

Junsu felt empty. Everything didn't seem right without Rane anymore. Where was the girl who told him courage defined happiness? The girl that breaks into a smile everytime she sees him. The girl that was different enough for him to respect, adore and love. The girl that felt like a sister he never had. The very girl that had all five of them wanting to protect. Protect well. Where?

 

Yunho was still thinking. All day, all night. He knew her, very much better than Yoochun in terms of understanding her way of thinking. Verane Lee was one woman that went through the worst in her life. She searched for simplistic, settled with peace and smiled like no other. She faced so much alone and she was the bravest girl that he was given the opportunity to cherish. He was not about to believe she would just leave Changmin so easily. She would be back. For Changmin, for Yoochun, for all of them. When? 

 

Jaejoong contained his feelings. He held back for so long and now that she wasn't around, he recognised those feelings became clearer and stronger. However, Changmin had gotten everyone worried and he was not going to add on the burden. He needed to let go. However beautiful she was, he had to. The rights of being able to cry because she was gone, was Changmin's. He should be worried about Changmin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter