Twentieth,

She...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back at Rane's side, she really did not think so much about being with Changmin. She had a painful relationship back then as well, and it left her with an impression that no matter how serious she was about the relationship, no matter how much effort and love she put in, people still leave. It made her feel like, in this world, there was no need for commitment, because everyone leaves her eventually, even with promises. 

Deep down, she was not ready nor confident of another relationship. 

At least, if our relationship isn't intimate, just pure friendship, even if he left, the damage is lesser. She thought. 

Her mindset was stronger after hearing that the 'he' had someone in his mind. 

Why bother building up your hopes? Daphine and Yoochun aren't him. Their words, may not be facts. Reality and hope are two different things. Bear that in mind alright, Rane? Don't think about the possibility anymore. 

 

-

 

Weeks flew past with all of them doing their usuals. 

The guys were almost done with the production of their fourth korean studio album and all of them were having tons of practices to perfect their comeback stage. They wanted to produce music that displayed their strong vocals and they participated actively in the album production by composing songs or writing lyrics. The management informed them about the comeback date, and they knew they had to leave for Korea very soon. Returning back to their home country used to be something that they really looked forward to, but after adjusting to the lifestyle they have in Tokyo, with Rane now in their lives, they were reluctant to leave. Because they knew, this time they leave, it was not for just a few days but months. 

Rane knew about their departure, and she was really excited to hear their new songs. A smile and excitement was not what the guys expected. They thought she would feel the way they felt as well. 


"We will only be back here in at least 2 months."Yoochun said, emphasizing on the duration.

"Okay. I wished i could see you guys comeback on stage live. Anyway, all the best. Fighting!"She smiled again.

"Don't you miss us? Like, don't want us to leave? It's a long time before we can meet."Junsu asked honestly. 

"Oppa, it's not like you're not coming back. Besides, you guys aren't just my idols. There's like 800 000 more still waiting to meet you."

"You're cold-hearted. We're going to miss you so much that we don't want to leave and you're like asking us to leave."Junsu commented cutely. 

Rane smiled upon his innocent words and replied, "Okay okay, I'll miss you too. I'll miss all of you. But we can always keep in contact through technology. No worries at all." 

"What if you meet other guys that are as hot as us, as cute as us, and you bring them to our secret hideouts!"Junsu complained. 

"You're neither hot nor cute, Junsu-sshi."Changmin said, earning some laughter and high five from Yoochun. 

"That will never happen, I trust her."Yunho said, smiling at her. 

"That's my best friend."She punched fists with him. 

"I thought i was your best friend."Yoochun whined. 

"Aw, come on, we're not starting the whole choose-someone-out-of-us thing again."Rane cooed. 

"Okay fine, seriously, you're totally fine with us gone for that long?"Yoochun asked. 

"Yeah, take good care of yourselves. It'll definitely be a huge hit."She said, assuring them. 

"We will be back soon."Jaejoong said, knowing she must have felt insecure, but trying to act fine. 

She smiled at his words. 

Girl, if you keep smiling like that, i'm afraid i will just take you away from Changmin. Jaejoong joked in his mind. 

"Hopefully. It's been long since we last performed in Korea."Yunho said worriedly. 

"Hey, it's going to be fine. Trust yourself."She said smiling. 

 

-

 

Shortly after she sent the boys out of the door, she went for a stroll. Her feet just brought her to the treehouse, and she smiled at herself for coming here again. 

It seemed like she couldn't lie to herself. She did, felt a little uneasy at the thought of not seeing them for months. She got used to them quickly, way too quickly. 

Oh well, it's back to normal now right? Pure working and studying, fighting Verane! She cheered herself in her mind. 

She climbed up the tree and walked to the side window, looking down at the undergrowth of the forest.

"Sigh, everything looks dark."She said as she pulled her phone out of her pocket to play some music. 

 

 

 

Meanwhile Changmin felt really perplexed over everything. Leaving, denying his true feelings for the sake of his pride, Jaejoong's unusual attitude when they talked about Rane, Rane's reaction to their departure. Even the lyrics he wrote for the Korean version of Love in the ice, was done with his mind filled with her. Her words. Her smile. Her. 

He really hoped she would mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter