Chapter 6

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 6

 

After talking with SunYoung in the train, Jiyeon really felt different. She always was harsh on herself, always curious why people disliked her and always thought she was the reason. But today she met SunYoung officially. At first Jiyeon thought she was just another girl with a bratty ego, who got everything she wanted, Someone who is loved by everyone. However when she heard how some girls called her a when they walked by, something in SunYoung's eyes changed.

Jiyeon couldn't see anything y or bratty in her anymore. When SunYoung smiled as if she didn't hear anything, Jiyeon saw herself in her. She immediately felt somewhat closer to her. SunYoung's words were tattooed in Jiyeon's mind. "Good thing that I don't care what they say about me. If I cared I would have been gone by now."

Jiyeon didn't know much about her yet, but she became curious. Next time if she comes across her, she will have the first word. 

 

--/---

 

"Good morning, son."

Myungsoo's sleepy eyes suddenly became wide after hearing his mother's voice. He wasn't used to having his parents at home. They always came home too late and left too early. It felt as if he's living by himself.

" Mom? How come you're home? Is dad here, too?" He was too surprised with the fact, he couldn't even enjoy seeing her mother around for once after a while.

His mother chuckled. "Do you not want us at home?" Myungsoo broke into a smile and was about to reply, but her mother spoke up again. "We're flying to Japan for a meeting. A three-days business trip."

Myungsoo's smile fell as fast as it came. "I see." He mumbled and walked back to his room. He shouldn't have expected anything in the first place. He knew well that his parents were always busy. Once again he felt rejected.. by them.

He was always the perfect son. He was handsome, smart and sociable. Always a top student. He never did something to disappoint them. Instead, he always gave his best so they could be proud of him. He never tried the bad boy image to get their attention. However they never gave Myungsoo the attention he wanted to receive.

 Still Myungsoo grew up well. Now despite the absence of his parents, he didn't feel so alone. He ,now, had Mino by his side almost 24/7. And he hoped for Jiyeon to be a part of his life too. Something about her made Myungsoo feel better.

He wasn't sure if it was because of her insecure actions, how she avoids people's eyes or how much of a great cook she is. She just felt different.

 

--/---

 

"Good morning, honey."

Jiyeon opened her eyes. "Is it morning already?" She sleepily asked.

Her mother laughed. "You woke up so early yesterday, but today you feel sleepy? Come, get up and have some breakfast before it gets noon." She patted Jiyeon's shoulder and left her room.

Jiyeon rolled in her bed for a while and in the end decided to leave her bed. "I won't stay up at night to watch dramas anymore." She muttered to herself and went straight to the bathroom. After washing her face and hands, and lightly brushing her messy hair she walked to the kitchen.

She overheard her mother saying that she should prepare herself for the event.

"What event are you talking about?" Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter