Chapter 20

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 20

 A week passed by quickly actually. Jiyeon managed to speak with Hyeri and Eunji. To her relief they seemed pretty understanding, however they made her promise to come and visit them once a week.

Jiyeon couldn't feel any better in some way. Through that week Hanbin and Myungsoo didn't bother her much, they met twice or three times at most. She had to admit it felt kind of lonely, she preferred it that way. She was thankful that they respected her.

All Sunday Jiyeon was mentally preparing herself for the first day of university after almost two months. She hadn't seen anyone from there after the fiasco at the awards. She actually didn't even want to remember it at all in the beginning, but now she was over it.

You can say she matured and became stronger. She was really proud of herself, she wasn't faking a smile with her parents too. She was joking freely with her new friends, she was confident. She became an 'upgraded' version of herself.

--/---

Jiyeon woke up at 7 am. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, then her hair and finally changed her pajamas. She picked out some high waisted jeans, a nice white cropped top and leather jacket. She slowly put on her new high heeled shoes and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Only one thing popped in her mind. SunYoung ! She gave those shoes to her as a present for her first university day, it was a joke between them. 

Jiyeon got her bag and after getting her headphones, she left the apartment. She checked her music playlist as she walked out of the building, until someone shouted her name. She stopped walking and looked around. 

"Park Jiyeon. Turn around." Jiyeon recognized Hanbin's voice, but what was he doing here. He should have already been in the company.

Jiyeon turned around and waited for him to walk towards her.

"Good luck today! If they talk about you, you can just dance and shut them up." Hanbin shouted and then winked at her. Like a little girl, Jiyeon blushed and watched as Hanbin walked back in his building.

She wondered if he was sick or something else had happened. Regret filled her up, since she herself said they should keep a distance. She made a mental note to text him later. Until then she hoped that he is only resting for a few hours, because he just worked too hard the night before.

--/---

Like everyday she did before, Jiyeon walked to university while listening to music. Her head was high, she wasn't looking at the ground like before. She didn't mind if someone glanced at her meanwhile, she had confidence.

 However, she got a little nervous as she got closer to the building. In no time she was in front of the gates. She bit her lip and after taking a deep breath, she walked in. 

As she walked heads turned in her direction. Everything felt as if it was going in slow motion. People were talking, but she couldn't understand what, as if she didn't care at all. The situation was so similar, yet it felt completely different.

That's why a smile rose on her face. Finally, Park Jiyeon. You finally became a better character. You finally didn't care if people spoke lies about you. Finally stopped thinking if they stare at you.

You finally found something else you should think and worry about. You finally had friends who cared about you as much as you did about them.

"Park Jiyeon, welcome back. It took you long enough to get over our joke." Two girls walked towards her, one of them two spoke had a smug smile on her face.

"That's me, but who are you? I don't recall knowing you.. It's not like you're famous right?" Jiyeon answered with a smile. She really didn't know her, so it wasn't a lie. Plus, she felt so proud of herself after speaking so coolly. She had improved her comebacks.

"Yeah, better than being known as the most hated girl, though." That girl's friend answered.

Jiyeon looked up at her and nodded, making them gasp. "I wouldn't like that, too. Imagine how horrible it would be.. if only I cared." She chuckled and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter