Chapter 15

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 15

 

Soon SunYoung and Mino found their way to the café where Hanbin and Jiyeon were chatting. They immediately saw them, walked towards them and took their seats.

“Mino? How come you are here?” Jiyeon asked once they sat down. SunYoung definitely didn’t tell her about Mino.

“I wanted to see if you were doing fine, but look at you – sitting here and drinking smoothies. Also, you are with Hanbin-gun.” Mino smirked at Jiyeon, teasing her already. Unlike her shy self, Jiyeon squinted her nose and cracked a smile.

“He just followed me. I can't believe you have such horrible taste in friends.” SunYoung placed her hands on the table and spoke to Jiyeon.

“My thoughts exactly when I saw you.” Mino said looking at SunYoung, while Jiyeon and Hanbin were looking at the bickering, probably soon-to-be couple. “Anyways, Jiyeon-ah, you really don’t look worried at all. Are you really Jiyeon?”

“It's not that I'm not worried at all. I just think it was some kind of a mistake. The video will get deleted by tomorrow most likely.” She spoke calmly, hoping her words actually to become reality.

“You're right. I'm sure Myungsoo will take care of it.” Mino assured Jiyeon with a kind smile. Meanwhile Hanbin got slightly irritated with the mention of that name – he had already heard of it.

“I think exactly the opposite. Your oh-so-perfect friend will find the chance to debut Jiyeon or at least the video won’t be deleted. “ Hanbin spoke. “I was so sure, we made a bet.” He smirked.

“What bet?”  Both SunYoung and Mino looked at them curiously.

“I said that the video will get deleted soon. If that happens I win, so Hanbin will have to film a 9 minute video doing aegyo.” Jiyeon smiled smugly, already imagining the view.

“I said it won’t get deleted. So, when I win, Jiyeon will have to make homemade food for me every day for two weeks – including desserts.” Hanbin informed.

“When I win?” Jiyeon gasped at his words, then she raised an eyebrow. “if you win.. which won’t happen!” she smiled at him.

“You will see.”

 

--/---

 

“Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Park, what brings you here?” Myungsoo welcomed Jiyeon’s parents. Already guessing their reason of approaching him. He sat down on his chair and faced them with a polite smile.

“Mr. Kim?” Jiyeon’s father chuckled. “How shall I address you?”

“Myungsoo will do it. After all we will see each other pretty often for many reasons.” Myungsoo answered. Somehow Mr. and Mrs. Park seemed shocked by Myungsoo’s confident words, but they closed their eyes for once.

“Then, Myungsoo, we shall start with talking about our visit. I apologize this won’t be a welcoming greeting.” Mrs. Park spoke this time.

Myungsoo once again smiled. “Of course, Mrs. Park. I already know you are here because of Jiyeon.”

“If you are aware of her status in this company, why are we having this meeting, Myungsoo-ssi?” Mr. Park asked, unlike his wife his voice wasn’t as calm.

“You must not remember me clearly. I was with Jiyeon that night when our university received an award. Which means, I'm close to Jiyeon.” Myungsoo spoke ignoring the question for now.

However both of Jiyeon’s parents wanted to forget that night. Seeing their precious daughter so broken – it hurt them very much, and even now they had hard time believing if Myungsoo spoke the truth to them.

“You have to believe me. I would never do something to hurt Jiyeon.”

“Then, Myungsoo, like my husband asked – why are we meeting like this for such conversation?” Mrs. Park asked.

“It was a decision made for the upcoming girl group. Since the girls weren’t sure about the concept we put the video to see their reviews. Guess it got a lot more attention than we expected.” Myungsoo explained.

“Put it down, Myungsoo-ssi.” Jiyeon’s father spoke sternly. “If your words about  my daughter are true, do what is right for her.”

“As much as I wish, that can't happen.”

“What do you mean that can't happen? You, Myungsoo –ssi, first of all being her friend and also the CEO, do something that is against Jiyeon’s happiness and now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter