Chapter 23

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 23

 

Hanbin debuted. Even his teaser video became a sensation. Many people said it was a given, since  a big company was debuting him, but overall people were impressed with his charisma that was shown on a 1 minute 1 second video.

Exactly 9 days after the teaser, the full music video was released. The strong sound, his killer looks, charisma, dancing skills and obviously rapping all captivated many hearts.

The company was carefully going through every review that was made about Hanbin’s debut.

The fan café that they made for him was already gaining a lot of members.

People were curious about what kind of a person he was, that’s why many questions aroused .

However, other  than people falling head over heels for Hanbin, there were people who noticed the female dancer aka Jiyeon.

In the MV Jiyeon got enough scenes, but her face wasn’t revealed too obviously. The viewers quickly understood it was the same girl from the dance practice video. Many people were already expecting her.

The company didn’t answer any questions related to Jiyeon. That was an order coming from Myungsoo himself. He had spoken with Jiyeon and so far, that’s the decision they made.

A part of Jiyeon wanted to finish university quietly and do her best. But the other part of her realized no matter how hard she tried, people didn’t look at her differently.

 

--/---

 

“I want to quit university, dad.”

A simple sentence that shocked everyone. However this time Jiyeon was 100% sure she won’t regret this decision. All the thoughts kept her awake at night and finally her mind was set.

She knew she didn’t need to waste the most important years of her youth in university, especially when she felt like she didn’t belong there.

“Are you sure, my dear?” her mother asked her instead. Her parents could see her determination and they always supported her decisions now matter what. Unlike many rich parents, they managed to give love and attention to their daughter.

Jiyeon nodded her head. “this is my final choice. I can always study by myself whenever I want. I don’t want to stress myself out because of some people in university. Do you trust me?”

Jiyeon was already grown, mature and pretty smart. She could take care of herself and live well enough. However, she had a connection with her parents, she wouldn’t want to do something if they don’t agree. Such a perfect daughter, indeed.

“Of course we trust you, our pretty daughter.” Her father spoke finally. He got up from his seat and hugged her. “I'm so proud of you for choosing your happiness. Nothing matters more than you.” He patter her back.

Jiyeon chuckled, but tears were forming in her eyes. “Thank you. I'm so lucky for having such amazing parents.” She said in a shaky voice. “Thank you for trusting me, I won’t disappoint you, never!”

“So, you want to work now? You can't stay at home all day.” Her mother chuckled. “Is fashion in your list of interests?” she winked at her.

Jiyeon laughed. Too bad she wasn’t the girly girl her mother always wanted. “Mom! You know I at fashion.”

Her father laughed as well. “I think she will jump in being a manager or work as a dancer in the company. I can feel this is what she wants.”

Jiyeon lightly hits her father’s shoulder and then leans on it. “You know me too well.”

I think it’s a good idea. After all she did well with Hanbin’s debut. Let's officially sign her as a dancer, so she can earn money too. That’s what she wants after all.”

 

--/---

 

“Don’t you have university, Jiyeon-ah?”

Jiyeon smiled lightly and shook her head. “You always whined for a girl’s day out, here it is.” She said while walking hand in hand with SunYoung.

For a moment SunYoung stopped and unlinked arms with her. “you're not telling me something, Park Jiyeon. I really hate that feeling, you know.” She said while looking at her.

Jiyeon chuckled. “I quit university.” She spoke as if it was nothing, but it was the biggest shock to SunYoung.

“What? Hey, Jiyeon, don’t joke around.” SunYoung started laughing loudly, she couldn’t believe it. “You're not laughing? So, it's true? Are you crazy?”

Jiyeon laughed, seriously, SunYoung had the best reaction. “I'm not crazy, I just decided to be a little bit selfish.”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“I will work in the company as a dancer. That’s for now at least.” Jiyeon spoke.

“Are you really sure about this?” it looked like S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter