Chapter 26

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 26

 

“Why are you smiling like that? I'm your best friend, but it looks creepy.” SunYoung chuckled seeing Jiyeon’s wide smile.

Jiyeon lifted her shoulders and looked at SunYoung for a brief moment. “Today is Hanbin’s goodbye stage on The Show. I just wanted to watch him perform.” She answered while watching TV.

SunYoung frowned and sat down next to her. “How many days since you last saw him?” she asked immediately and Jiyeon showed the number five. SunYoung laughed loudly. “That’s not that much. Come on, that guy is now an idol and rapper on top of that. He has to work really hard to get popular.”

Jiyeon sighed and once Hanbin’s performance was over she turned off the TV. “You're right and I know that too, but I can't help it. I am at the training centre almost all day, but he has a busy schedule. We can't even talk on the phone.”

“Mino is with him all day and even he is tired. I called him the other day and his voice was so weak. Imagine how Hanbin must deal with everything?” SunYoung explained, but when she looked at Jiyeon’s worried expression, she regretted mentioning it. “Anyways, I never saw you as a lovesick girl. How did that guy make you fall in love?”

Jiyeon scratched her neck. “Love?” she muttered to herself.

SunYoung playfully hit her shoulder. “Don’t act innocent. You have guys falling for you. It's normal if you fall in love with him.” She smiled at her.

“I didn’t even realized how … when I fell in love with him.” Jiyeon chuckled to herself. She could feel heat coming on her face as she blushed deeply.

“I honestly thought it would be Myungsoo at first. Since he was always by your side.” SunYoung confessed.  In the beginning of her friendship with Jiyeon, she noticed how Myungsoo is around for a lot of time. Jiyeon also spoke about him. SunYoung called herself Team Hanbin, but she also thought what kind of a couple Jiyeon and Myungsoo be.

“He was always by my side, SunYoung. I didn’t have many friends … I didn’t have any friends.” Jiyeon told her. She was feeling somewhat bitter sweet. Recalling those moments that weren’t that much in the past. That only showed how much her life changed as she made different choices.

“I'm going to talk really honestly to you now. Don’t take it seriously, okay? I always think out loud.” SunYoung said. “I really have thought what kind of a couple you and Myungsoo can be. In my imagination you were perfect like a royal couple.”

Jiyeon chuckled upon hearing ‘royal couple’, but continued listening to her without cutting her off.

“From how you had explained to me.. he was the first person to come to you and get to know you. He took care of you, he didn’t ask for anything in return. You were comfortable .. maybe that’s why you only see him as a friend?”

“I never had the trouble to group people or to put them in a category. Friends – that was the only category I had … that’s why I'm feeling really confused at times.”

“But you are going on side Hanbin? That’s because you hang out around him a lot. Are you afraid you may realize you have strong feelings for Myungsoo? That’s why you avoid him?”

 

--/---

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

After that conversation with SunYoung, I really couldn’t rest peacefully. I wasn’t even sure about my own feelings and her words seemed right. It just got me more confused to be honest.

She was right that I didn’t hang around Myungsoo that much. It was because he was a CEO and probably had tons of things to do. I never wanted to be bother to him or anyone else.

Myungsoo had kind of confessed his feelings before and maybe because I can't face him .. we became distant. I hate having such moments  … being indecisive is my fate.

But I believed in myself .. I changed. That’s why .. like a mature person I decided to speak with Myungsoo. It shouldn’t be that hard to meet him and have a talk. I wanted to confirm that we are not awkward with each other.

With some courage I gathered … I walked to his office and knocked on the door. I was about to open it when I heard something break, then some shouting. My heart almost jumped off when someone opened the door and we were face to face. Thank god it was Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo…” I awkwardly muttered as we made eye contact. I thought about smiling to him, but his face didn’t look quite well. “Are you okay?” I asked quietly, since I couldn’t help myself. Then my eyes just checked him and I realized his right hand was bleeding. Unknowingly I grabbed on to it. “What happened?”

Myungsoo immediately pulled his hand back. I must have caused him even more pain. I repeated my question, but he just looked at me for one last time and walked past by me.

Guilt washed over me even though I know I wasn’t sure if I did something wrong. I just ran after him. His right hand was injured and he wouldn’t do a good job with cleaning the cuts. His left hand w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter