Chapter 1

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just Different

Chapter 1

 

"Jiyeon-ah, wake up, sweetie."

Jiyeon heard her mother's gentle voice. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around herself. It was Monday morning. With a slight pout she got up from her warm bed, rubbed her sleepy eyes and found her way to the bathroom. After washing her face she joined her parents to eat breakfast.

"Good morning." She smiled at them and sat down. Just like every morning in front of her were placed a glass of orange juice and a chocolate muffin - her ultimate favourite. She immediately took a sip of the juice and then a small bite of the muffin. She slowly chewed as she looked around.

"Did you sleep well, honey?" Her mother asked while having her breakfast. Jiyeon only nodded, there wasn't much to talk about her sleeping habits.

"How is university going, sweetheart? Your grades are well, right?" This time her father asked.

"Of course!" Jiyeon smiled widely. Jiyeon was a perfectionist - she always gave her best and worked hard, thinking carefully about each detail. Her grades were always good, the best almost. "You can always call my teachers, though. If you want to make sure." She joked playfully.

"I trust you. You grow as a honest child, we don't doubt your words." Her father patted her head slightly smiling. 

"Did you make friends, Jiyeon-ah? You're comfortable there, right?" Her mother asked concerned about her daughter. Unlike most rich parents, Jiyeon's parents knew many things about her life, likes, friends and possibilities. Jiyeon's happiness really mattered to them.

Jiyeon once again nodded her head and showed a small smile. "Yeah.. well, I get along with people, but have only a few really close friends."

Her parents didn't doubt her words yet again. Jiyeon was really loved and popular in high school. Many people wanted to be her friends or even share a small chat with her. Jiyeon has always been a kind genuine girl. She took care of her friends and others as well. After high school, most of her good friends went abroad to study or just signed under an entertainment company.

It was weird for Jiyeon to know that she actually lost contact with people she treasured a lot. Some of them were going to be successful as doctors, architects and some would be entertainers. What was Jiyeon going to be? She wasn't sure herself.

However she knew one thing. The words she said about having friends and getting along were just pure lies. She didn't want to make her parents worry over her. With one word of Jiyeon her parents could change her university, maybe find her a really good teacher to help her at home. Anything. But Jiyeon didn't want that. She wanted to overcome things by herself.

 

--/---

 

University was just a thirty-minute walk from Jiyeon's house. Everyday when the weather wasn't rainy' she walked. Jiyeon always listened to music as she walked, she couldn't live without music she thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter