Taochen

Families

High school


 

Tao had a big smile on his face as he took big steps to the kitchen where he found his mother and hugged him from behind.

"Tao-yahhh, you surprised me..." Junmyeon chuckled as he patted the boy's head. Junmyeon turned his body and saw how Tao was grinning at him. "You're in a good mood." He stated.

"I'm so happy eomma..." Tao said before he hugged his mother again and snuggled his head on the shorter male. "I went on a date with Jongdae today..."

"Jongdae...?"

Tao pulled himself a little, "The one I told you have this beautiful voice? He's Kyungsoo's friend from his musical club and I confessed to him last week."

"Why you didn't tell me about the confession?" Junmyeon reached out to ran his hand through his son's black hair with a sad expression on his face.

"I'm sorry, eomma. I still think that I'm in a dream for couple of days, I can't believe he said yes, eomma. I never thought he would know me before but it turned out that Kyungsoo told him a lot about me and we...ughhh..." Tao's cheeks turned pink slowly and that made Junmyeon squealed a little.

"Aigoo...our Tao finally has a boyfriend, hm?" Junmyeon ruffled the boy's head while Tao made a grin again. "But you have to bring him here because I'm still mad you didn't told me about this boy that you like..." He made a little pout.

"I want to bring him here too eomma, but what if..." Tao suddenly had the same feeling like a week ago before he confessed to Jongdae, the afraid feeling of being rejected. "What if he's scared? What if it's too fast? What if—"

"Tao-yah...I don't mean that you have to bring him here tomorrow. You can bring him later when he's ready and it's not like you're going to marry or something. It's like going to your friend's house, right?"

"Boyfriend, eomma. And I don't want my brothers to make a joke and make him hate me..."

"Sehun and Jongin will understand, you just have to explain it to them beforehand, Tao." Junmyeon patted the boy's cheek but his son was shaking his head.

"They will make fun of me for sure..." Tao murmured.

"No, they will understand. Well, maybe they will make some jokes but I'm sure they knew not to cross the line..."

"I hope so..."




 








"Can I go to your house?"

Tao choked on his food which made Jongdae gave him his water, cringing a little feeling guilty that he's the one who caused it. The taller boy drank his water and took a deep breath before looking at his boyfriend. "What?"

Jongdae blinked his eyes as he reached out his hand and wiped the corner of Tao's lips, making the taller blushed a little.

"I want to go to your house. Kyungsoo told me about your brothers and they sounds fun. Can I meet them? I heard your mother is a good cook too, my mom is not a good cook so..." Jongdae continue eating his lunch and stared at his boyfriend who had this deep frown.

Tao was thinking of possible events that will happen if Jongdae came to his house and especially worried about his brothers. "I'm not sure..."

"Why? You have visited mine, Tao."

"I'm..." Tao gulped and stared down to his half eaten food, "I'm afraid you will hate me after meeting my family..."

"Why would I hate you after meeting your family?"

"Not my mother but my brothers...they like to tease and I...I haven't really told them about you..."

"You haven't told them about me?"

Tao looked up noticing the slight change of Jongdae's tone. The shorter boy looked hurt and Tao quickly held one of the older's hand.

"I haven't told them that you're my boyfriend now. But I will tell them today if you want to come tomorrow?" Tao tried to smile but it vanished in second when Jongdae shook his head.

"I'm going to introduce myself to them, today."

"B-but, Jongdae!!"

"Are you ashamed of me?"

"What? No, I'm not. I love you, Jongdae! I—" Tao stopped when he realized he just said the word love for the second time. It had been two weeks since they became a couple but Tao never said love to Jongdae since he confessed to the older boy.

Jongdae saw the way Tao went nervous, biting his lips and blush spread on his cheeks as it made him smile at the sight. "Why you're so afraid of your brothers' reaction? Don't they have someone they like on their own?"

"I don't know about Sehun but Jongin likes Kyungsoo..." said Tao.

"Have you ever make fun of Jongin about Kyungsoo?" asked Jongdae.

"No, never. It was usually Sehun who did that and I just...uhm, laugh."

Jongdae chuckled and brought his other free hand over Tao's hand, "Then I just have to worry about Sehun, right?"

"Yeah, I think?"

"Come on, it's okay. I'm sure it will be fun to meet your family. Don't worry about it, okay Tao? I love you just as much as you love me..."

Tao only nodded as he started to blush again. He should get use to Jongdae whenever he said his feeling to him so openly like that.









Jongdae was greeted by Junmyeon who looked excited to see him. Tao called his mother earlier saying that Jongdae will come. He was a little bit relief that the two troublemakers weren't at home yet and glad for the moment as he was listening to his boyfriend and mother talking with each other.

Tao heard the sound of the gate being opened and worried quickly came to him. He heard Minseok's voice announcing that he was home and he cheered inside.

"Minseok, come here for a minute." Junmyeon called.

Minseok came to the kitchen and he looked surprised for a second seeing a stranger but quickly smiled to the boy who had this friendly smile on his face.

"This is Tao's boyfriend, Jongdae." said Junmyeon.

Minseok nodded to Jongdae, "Nice to meet you, I'm Tao's brother, Minseok."

"Nice to meet you, Minseok hyung."

Minseok stared at Jongdae for more seconds before he said something in Chinese to Tao with a grin. "I will go to my room. We will talk again later, Jongdae." he excused himself in Korean while Jongdae turned to Tao in confusion.

"What did he said?" Jongdae whispered.

"He said congratulations and that it's good to see Tao happy." Junmyeon helped to translate for Jongdae.








"Eomma, I'm hung—oh?" Sehun stopped on his track which made Jongin who walked behind him bumped into him and smacked the younger's back, telling him not to do that again.

Tao became nervous in instant when he saw Sehun made a smirk. Jongin tilted his head to see what made Sehun stopped before he gasped.

"Isn't it Jongdae hyung?" Jongin pushed Sehun aside to walk to the man sitting beside his brother. "You're Jongdae hyung, right?"

"Nice to finally see you. Jongin, right?" Jongdae smiled. "Yes, I am Jongdae. How do you know me...?"

"Kyungsoo." answered Jongin with a grin.

"Ahh...of course..."

"Jongin, Sehun, change your clothes first." Junmyeon remind his boys while keeping his eyes on the pan, making the dinner earlier than usual.

"Neee..." Jongin walked out of the kitchen, passing Sehun who was still standing on his previous spot.

"I'm Sehun, Jongdae hyung. Nice to see you. I hope you can take care of my hyung. I will change my clothes first." Sehun gave a polite smile with a nod before he followed Jongin to their room.

Jongdae tilted his head, "Tao-yah, I think they're not that bad?"

Tao sighed and shook his head, "Don't let your guard down, Jongdae. They might giving you nice impression at first but later when you know them better..."

Jongdae rubbed Tao's arm, giving the taller his chesire smile, "Don't worry. I can handle them." he leaned closer and whispered to Tao's ear, "I have to be able to handle your brothers, I want to be a part of this family after all."