Wu Family (53)

Families

-


 

 

Yifan met Jongdae couple of days ago and he's quite satisfied at the young boy. He could see the love in the air around Tao and Jongdae and that's all he needed to treat the boy kindly and warmly. Even if Junmyeon liked his son's lover, didn't mean he had too do the same, he had a different approach than his wife even if they're both men. Yifan didn't believe someone who looked nice was nice, he had many experiences metting many people as business partner and mostly all of them always wore a mask and of course, when you met your lover's parents you will try your best to improve them by not being yourself.

Jongdae wasn't one of those who wore mask, he could see how honest he was. He didn't feel shy showing his gentle touch to Tao who whispered him to stop, the shorter didn't listen, instead clinging to him to making Junmyeon laughed. Yifan smiled, remembering the time when he was only Junmyeon's boyfriend. He recalled the time he met Junmyeon's parents, the time he proposed to Junmyeon and the time he asked his parents-in-law to give Junmyeon to him. He was one who wore mask although Junmyeon told him not too, that he knew his parents will love him for whoever he was but Yifan didn't listen to him. Yifan should have listened though, as Junmyeon's father could see through him and he felt embarrass when the elder scolded him.

Yifan needed to know two more stranger who took his sons' heart, Minseok and Sehun. He kind of knew Minseok will brought his boyfriend or girlfriend the last so his concern was on Sehun. He met Luhan already, and he too could see the way the doe eyed male stared at Sehun and Sehun had that look too, he just could hide it better than anyone.





Saturday was the day they went out since the boys became teenagers. They had their turn to choose which place they want to go with their parents. This time was Sehun's turn and he choose a new restaurant opened near their house. The boys alwalys order whatever they want when they went out with their parents. Although they're a rich family Yifan always taught him to handle their money well so none of the boys like to brag or use their money on useless things.

After ordered and ate plates of delicious food the family had a little chat with their full stomach and comfortable feeling swimming in the air. The parents made sure not to miss any of his boys' story, always asking for anything new that they haven't heard and since they taught them since they were a little the sons never had any problem expressing their feelings.

Junmyeon saw a mother bringing a baby with a plastic bag with her other hand and remembered he had to do something.

"I have to buy some groceries, can someone help me?" Junmyeon sighed, checking on his wrist watch.

None of the boys answered their mother and Junmyeon tsked, "You'll get a free washing dishes pass."

Jongin quickly stood up and went to his mother, "What do you need to buy, eomma?"

The other groanned as they're late too react. It took too much bowls, glasses, and plates for a family of six and it quite a lot of work especialy in the night where all they want to do was just to go to bed after dinner.

Junmyeon smiled as he stood up, Jongin quickly taking his hand and stuck his tongue out at his brothers, "Later."

Yifan only shook his head seeing Jongin's childish act. His eyes moved to Tao who's staring at his phone and smiled, he could guess that he's texting Jongdae while Sehun talked to Minseok. Yifan remembered that he wanted to talk to his boys.

"Guys? I want to talk to you all about something."

All the boys turned their heads to their father who sounded serious, even he didn't gave them a smile and it meant that they should focus on him only as Tao put his phone down.

"What is it, appa?"

"It's because of Jongdae."

Tao inhaled, "W-what about him?"

Yifan chuckled seeing the terrified look on Tao, "No, that's not what I mean. I want to remind you all to respect your lovers. You don't know if they'll end up as your wife or husband and I want you to remember that always when you treat your lovers. I don't care if you're bottom or top, respect them, yet don't do everything they ask for you. Don't just follow your heart, follow your mind too, love can blind people, you know that, right?"

His sons went silent at his father's words.

Yifan frowned, wondering if he choose the wrong time to discuss the matter, they should had fun in fact not having a serious talk.

"Okay." Sehun was the first to answer.

Tao lifted his eyebrows, "You don't have one right now..."

"Later I will!" Sehun glared at his older brother who grinned.

"Why are we having this talk?" Minseok asked, making all pair of eyes on him.

Yifan pursed his lips. He was telling this espcially for Minseok and he felt like the eldest knew Yifan was reffering to him, not all his younger brothers. "Like I said, because of Jongdae. I think Jongin won't have a problem with Kyungsoo, you can see it by your own eyes. I met Jongdae already so I know, but Sehun and Minseok, both of you haven't have a lover. I will meet them in the future and I know both of you know how to choose a lover, husband or wife even better."

Sehun and Minseok went silent, the youngest stared at the table while Minseok stared to his lap. Tao suddenly felt the tension and gulped, checking if his father notice it.

"What if you don't like the person that we choose?" asked Sehun.

"I doubt that, but if that really happen then I will learn to like him or her, as your mother want you to choose whoever you like." Yifan knocked his knuckles on the table, smiling when his eyes caught Tao's and the younger grinned awkwardly.

"You don't have any problem with Jongdae, right, appa?"

"Nope."

Tao squinted his cat eye like, leaning into his father, "Are you sure?"

Yifan nodded, "Yeah. I'm just afraid you will hurt you or the opposite, but it's not like I can prevent that from happening."

Tao slumped down, Sehun's patting his back, "I can't promise that, appa..."

Yifan smiled, "Don't think about it, Tao. Just enjoy it, mistake is always on your way to happiness. I just want you all to learn from my mistakes."

"You made mistakes too?" asked Minseok who had been silent for the time being.

"I'm just a human, what do you expect? Your mother may say that I'm the best husband or father but I know I lack a lot, I'm still learning to be a good father, even now, I still want to give my best to my family so whenever you need my help—aside from money, I told you how to take care of it already—you can come to me or your mother, whoever you prefer."

Sehu snickered, "We will all come to eomma, though?"

Yifan sighed, "I know...why you never came to me, you all used to cling to me whenever you wanted to play..." he whined a little.

"We grow up, appa." Tao grinned. "We will come to you when the time to search for a job come. Not because we want to work on your company, but because we need your advice in which place to work."

The father's eyes lightened up, "I will wait for you, my dear lovelies."





Jongin hugged his father as soon as he came back with Junmyeon, raising eyebrows from the father who shared a confuse look with his wife. Junmyeon only grinned, turning to Sehun and Tao who asked him if he bought any snack.

"I love you, appa. We love you a lot, so don't you worry. We're not the type to express it well when it come to love so forgive us..." Jongin tightened his hug. Yifan heard a laugh coming from Minseok.

"You show it quite well to Kyungsoo, though, Jongin-ah?"

"Hyunggg..." the younger pouted while his father patted his head.

"Shall we go back? I remember I want to watch a re-run." the father looked up to his wife who was busy dealing with two of his grown up boys fighting for a snack.

Junmyeon nodded with a frown, telling his boys to help him bring the groceries bags.

Yifan kissed Jongin's head once before pushing him to stand up and help his mother like the others.