Park Family

Families

8 years old Kyungsoo


 

 

"Appa..."


"Hmm?"

Kyungsoo was lying on the sofa, his head was on his mother's lap as Baekhyun ran his hand over his son's head, massaging it every now and then making the boy who's watching the TV sleepy.

"Why I don't have any brother or sister?"

Baekhyun was taken a back a little by the question. His hand stopped any movement as Kyungsoo turned his head to stared up at his mother. Baekhyun forced a smile and started moving his hand again.

"Having you is too much for me already, Soo."

Kyungsoo frowned, "Is that a bad thing?"

Baekhyun hummed, eyes moving to the coffee table for a second before shaking his head. "No, it's a good thing. I just don't want to divide my love for another kid."

"Is it hard to do that? Jonginnie has many brothers..."

Baekhyun's eyes softened hearing that. He wondered and thought about it many times after he had Kyungsoo, if he should have another kid or not. Both he and Chanyeol weren't the only child and he might not know how it felt to be one. He thought of the possibility that Kyungsoo will be lonely so he told Chanyeol that he'll stop working and be at home to have his attention at Kyungsoo all the time. But a presence between a mother and a sibling was different, right?

"Kyungsoo, are you lonely?"

Kyungsoo gulped hearing his mother calling him by his full name which he rarely did. "I don't think so? I mean...I'm just asking, appa. It's not like I want a sibling. Well, I do think of it couple of times before, but I'm just wondering how different we are with Jongin's family."

"It's so lively there, hm?"

Kyungsoo laughed, "Yeah, with so many people it's hard to find a little peace said Jongin's eomma."

"I'm just..." Baekhyun paused and bit his lips. He sighed as it's a hard thing to explain it to the young boy of why he only wanted one kid. "I don't know, Soo. I never imagine that I will have a family this soon and the thought of having a kid scared me before. But your father...your daddy wants one and I love him so dearly that I tried to have you. I still can't believe it till now that I have my own child."

Baekhyun remembered that day how happy Chanyeol was when he decided he wants to have a child with him. The man laughed and cried at the same, hugging Baekhyun so tightly and repeating a thank you over and over again.

"Everyone is different, Soo. They are some who wants many childs while I...I'm afraid I can't handle more than one. As much as you're a very good boy to me, deep inside I'm still scared. So..." Baekhyun chuckled, feeling embarrass and awkward how he's saying this to his son because he shouldn't discuss the topic to him.

"I'm sorry for asking, appa..." Kyungsoo whispered as he saw his mother's eyes were glistening in tears. "I don't want a sibling...I can go to Jongin's house if I want to play and I'm staying at home when I want to be alone and just spend my time with you. I love you, appa." Kyungsoo sat up and hugged Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo was too young to understand. He's not sure why it made his mother sad, but he knew he hate it seeing his mother cried.

"I don't want to share you with younger sibling anyway...Jongin said that he fight for his mother's attention many times."

Baekhyun laughed and pulled himself away from Kyungsoo. He wiped his tears, sniffled a little before smiling to his son. "He said that?"

Kyungsoo nodded, "Ng! He likes to cling to his mother a lot, just like his brothers and his mother said that he only has two hands so he has to wait for his turn. I can have you anytime I want, appa! Uhhh...except when daddy's home...it feels like daddy loves you more than he loves me..." he pouted.

"He loves both of us just the same, Soo. It's hard to be fair and he tried his best." Baekhyun's thumb was rubbing Kyungsoo's cheek as the boy leaned to the touch.

"I know..." Kyungsoo whispered, "I'm your only son, after all." he grinned in proud.

Baekhyun grinned back, tickling the boy in the stomach and the latter started laughing on his hold.

"But Soo-yah..."

"Yeah?"

Baekhyun stopped tickling, watching his son taking deep breath and tilted his head cutely. "It might be hard for your future lover to get my permission, though."

Kyungsoo blinked his big eyes couple of times before he gasped, "Appaaaaa!! I'm still young!! Why you're already thinking about my future lover..."

Baekhyun laughed seeing the tint on his boy's cheek. A certain boy's face came to his mind and he imagined the said boy coming to him and asked for a permission.

"You never know when, Soo..."