Jongin

Families

17 years old Jongin


 

 

Jongin loved spending his times with his family the most. He liked to play video games with Tao and Sehun, sometimes forcing Minseok to join them when the eldest refused only by giving his puppy eyes. Minseok could never say no and Jongin hugged him after as a thank you.


He respected the eldest, knowing how hard it was to be the big brother for all of them so he tried not to make trouble although that rarely happened when he's with Tao. He didn't know how it happen, but he always ended up making mistakes, like breaking a vase or a glass, forget to clean up the toys after playing with it, or even making Sehun cried. He envied his brother for staying calm and helped him while he usually went panic and got teary very easily, not knowing what to do. He knew he made so many troubles, he knew that many thank yous aren't enough for Minseok and he hoped he can do something for the eldest when he needed help.

He could tell he was the closest with Tao. He remembered always staying beside his second older brother since he was a little, especially the smiles and laughes he got from Tao. Tao liked to hug people and he never complaint when the older hug him, it just how he showed people how thankful or happy he was. He seemed like the only one who could read Jongin just by seeing his face, other than their mother and Jongin loved that the most from him as he could just go to Tao without saying anything and the older understand if he needed a hug, silence, joke, advice or just a small talk.

Sehun's a little bit different. Jongin and Tao liked to play with the youngest, dragging Sehun here and there as he wanted him to have fun too instead of letting him clinged to their mother. Not that Jongin didn't like clinging to Junmyeon, but Tao always had a good idea for a new game and he wanted all of them to try it cause the more the merrier, right? Sehun never said no, but the youngest sometimes cry and Jongin who didn't use to take care of others, ended getting scold from their mother for not being careful.






Years passed by and his brothers started to changed little by little. For example he didn't really talk that much with Minseok like before, not that he didn't want to, he was confused of how to started the conversation as the eldest looked like he has many secrets that he's unwilling to share. Jongin wanted to know about it, of course, but he still respected Minseok so he never pushed himself to bother the eldest. Maybe that's why he felt the distance between them grow while he didn't know what to do with it.

Tao was still the same, bubbly and ready whenever Jongin needed him. He grew to become the most sensitive between all of them and that's understandable as he always had it in him, the ability to read people's feeling since he was a child. The small changing was that Tao become stronger, admirable, especially after he asked their parents if he could learn a martial arts. Jongin loved to watch him practice, it looked so cool every single time and he never felt bored watching him. Tao never stopped hugging people he liked, but he knew his boundary now, especially when he could see that not everyone liked it, he only hug friends who're close to him.

Sehun surprised him as he got older. He actually had one thing in common with Jongin, that they're both shy compared to Tao. But Sehun's level was a little bit more serious as he had a hard time dealing with new people while Jongin who's close and used to be around Tao who had many friends didn't have problem with it. Sehun's different inside and outside the house, he acted freely inside and liked to tease or made fun of his brothers which Jongin didn't know where the youngest get it from. Sehun still liked to follow him and Tao, though, just like how he wanted to join the dance class he and Tao took.






Jongin actually had one more older brother, the one who didn't share the same blood but he felt an instant feeling of comfortable the first time he saw him. Park Kyungsoo, his older best friend. Kyungsoo's different from his brothers, he's older than him, but he looked younger than him as they grew older. Kyungsoo's like a combination of all of his brothers mixed with his own personality. He's kind and had that independent aura around him which reminded Jongin of Minseok. He learnt how to read Jongin like how Tao did and the young look he had make Jongin wanted to protect him, like how he did to Sehun even if he mostly failed.

But of course, Kyungsoo's different than all of his brothers. He fell in love with the older boy and realized his feeling so suddenly that it scared him. Kyungsoo had been his best friend all this time and he couldn't imagine how it'll change if the older became his boyfriend, which only happen after he confessed and if he got a yes as an answer.

Dealing with Kyungsoo was easy but hard at the same time. Jongin wanted to think of him as his brother but that's a hard thing to do everytime he felt his heartbeat race at the sight of the smaller boy. He always compliment himself inside as he treated the older normally for years while hiding his feeling which his brothers said was actually obvious.

Being the only child didn't make Kyungsoo a spoiled boy, he liked to take care of Jongin's brothers and the younger couldn't read Kyungsoo as better as the older do to him and that's the only thing that Jongin hated. He couldn't see and didn't feel like he's special and that's the exact reason why he put his feeling inside the smallest box and hide it deep inside his heart.

 

 





"Eomma?" Jongin walked inside the kitchen, seeing his father washed the dishes while his mother's watching on the dining table.

"Yes, Jongin?"

Jongin pulled a chair and sat beside his mother, his eyes as Junmyeon waited with a smile. "I confessed to Kyungsoo today."

"You did?" Yifan paused to turn at Jongin, eyes staring straight to see his son had a shy smile on his lips.

"Did he say yes?" Junmyeon asked.

"I gave him time to think about it." Jongin stared down to his hands, playing with each other.

Junmyeon took his son's hand and hold it, making Jongin looked up to him "You're worried, hm?"

"So much, eomma. What if..."

"He won't say no, Jongin." Yifan said confidently that Jongin turned to him. His father already finished, hip leaning to the kitchen sink with crossed arms.

"Why are you so sure, appa? Maybe he isn't ready or maybe he doesn't think of me as someone more than a friend, maybe—"

"Jongin."

Jongin pressed his lips together, taking a deep breath as his mother squeezed his hands. "I'm sure that Kyungsoo won't say no too, Jongin-ah."

"I don't want to have a high hope..." Jongin mumbled.

Yifan smiled gently, imagining Kyungsoo's shock face and blushing Jongin. He's so proud at Jongin for taking care of his feeling, being so patient as he thought of the older more than himself, not wanting to ruin their friendship even if he himself was hurting. "It's as obvious as your feeling to Kyungsoo, Jongin-ah."

Junmyeon turned to his husband, squinting his eyes as his husband wiggling his eyebrows with a big grin.

"What do you mean, appa?"

"Action speaks louder than words, right? The way Kyungsoo treats you...I'm surprise no one has ever say that you both look like a couple."

Jongin's cheeks went red by that, he cleared his throat before replying Yifan. "Uh...I actually heard that couple of times before..."

"Really? How is Kyungsoo's reaction?" Junmyeon let go of Jongin's hand to crossed his arms, leaning to his seat in interest while Jongin started to play with his hands again.

"He only smiles...weird, isn't it?"

"He will be angry if he doesn't agree." Yifan commented.

"Appa's right. He doesn't see the problem if it's really happening, then."

"But still, eomma...i-if Kyungsoo hyung said no..."

Junmyeon stared sadly as Jongin took another deep breath, his son's imagining it and he knew even if it's only an image, Jongin still felt hurt for the moment. "Jongin, don't do that. Don't think too much of it, wait until Kyungsoo gave an answer and don't hurt yourself like this. I know it's hard, but for this one I'm sure the only regret you feel is why you didn't confess faster."

Jongin saw the encouraging smile his mother gave and sighed, "I really hope both of you are right..."

"We are hundred percent sure for this." Yifan walked to Jongin and pulled the boy up, hugging him and patting his back as Jongin put his arms around his father's body, whispering a thank you to him.

"You will be fine, Jongin. Now stop thinking about it and go do something with your brothers!" Junmyeon laughed, his eyes went crescents and Jongin pouted, walking backward out of the kitchen and shouted thanks to his parents.

Yifan shook his head as he took Jongin's spot to face his wife. "Finally..."

Junmyeon giggled, "It take too long, huh?"

"Freaking long that I lost hope in him already. Like, how can he do that, babe? I'm going crazy if I only see you from afar, worrying someone will get you anytime and left me alone crying by myself." Yifan blinked his eyes once, remembering someone. "I wonder of what Chanyeol's reaction will be."

Junmyeon snapped his finger hearing Kyungsoo's father's name. "Chanyeol! He will be delighted to hear the news!"

"He might be crying right now..." Yifan laughed, remembering the time when he met up with Chanyeol and talked about their sons' progress.

"That's possible...but I wonder about Kyungsoo. Does he really that innocent and didn't see Jongin's feeling? Or maybe he's been waiting for Jongin to confess to him..." Junmyeon looked up, tilting his head to his husband who hummed in thought.

"I think he used to have Jongin beside him that he already think Jongin belongs to him."

"Right...he wasn't even aware of his own feeling. I just hope he didn't took too much time to answer Jongin." Junmyeon let Yifan reached out and held his hand, leaning in to kiss his fingers as he smile fondly. "One down to go, hm?"

"I'm worried about him the most..." the husband mumbled.

Junmyeon gave his angelic smile to his husband, "Be patient, honey. Minseok's taking his time for the one..."