Wu Family

Families

Minseok's 9 years old, Sehun's 5 years old


 

 

Minseok was holding Jongin and Tao's hands as they stared at their youngest brother on their father's arms.

"Shhhh...Sehunnie, I'm sorry, okay? It was an accident, I didn't mean to bump your head to the cabinet." Yifan was rocking Sehun on his arms, kissing his head repeatedly and rubbing the spot that hurt.

Sehun was crying silently, sniffing nonstop as his little hands clenching his father's shirt tightly.

Junmyeon was out of the house to take a birthday cake for Sehun. He planned to leave only for an hour but it had only been twenty minutes and one of the boys were already crying.

Junmyeon rarely left Yifan alone with the kids because he had experiences before that it wasn't safe for the boys. There was nothing wrong with the boys if Junmyeon was at home even though he wasn't watching what the father did with their sons and he wondered why it only happen when Yifan's alone.

Yifan volunteered to take the cake earlier but Junmyeon rejected it and said that he had to buy some ingredient too for Sehun's favorite food and Yifan was not helping when it came to buying groceries. The only help he could give was bringing the bags of groceries, he said.

"Did you count, Jongin?" asked Minseok.

"Yeah. It's the sixth time."

"I wonder why eomma leave us with appa again..." Tao huffed.

"I don't know...maybe eomma still want to try that it's okay to leave appa alone with us." Jongin shook his head.

Yifan brought Sehun and sat on the couch, followed by the rest of his sons who sat on each side of their father. Their father was checking on Sehun's head who was now stop crying, only sniffled occasionally.

"Does it still hurt?" asked Yifan.

Sehun shook his head before he buried his face on Yifan's chest. Yifan sighed hard and hugged his youngest son, "I'm sorry, Sehunnie..."

Yifan heard a mumbled word coming from Sehun and he hoped it was 'it's okay' because he couldn't hear it clearly.

"Appa." called Jongin.

"Yes?" Yifan turned to see Jongin who pulled his shirt to take his attention.

"Please tell eomma that he won't leave you alone again."

"I love you, appa. But it's dangerous for us to be alone with you." added Minseok.

Yifan felt like crying because he was doing a bad job as a father. But that was one of many reasons why he's the father and not the mother. Junmyeon had always been good with kids supported with his angelic smile while kids ran away as soon as they saw Yifan's normal expression, he didn't get a chance to show them his gummy smile that Junmyeon thought was adorable and made him approachable. Yifan was thankful that none of his boys were afraid of him and his normal expression.

"Yeah, I know...I will tell your mother about that..."

"And appa?"

"Yes, Tao?"

"Can we eat something? I'm hungry..."

Yifan exhaled loudly, he hoped no more accident will happen until Junmyeon came back.