Wu Family

Families

4 years old Minseok


 

 

"I hate you, appa."

Minseok whispered the words before he ran back to his shared bedroom with his brothers, not hearing the sounds of Yifan's heart, cracking, breaking and the pieces fell down to the floor.

"Yifan..."

Yifan gritted his teeth, clenching his hands into fists as he felt his eyes burning with tears. It should be nothing, Minseok's words for him, but it came from his eldest son who hated the idea of having more younger sibling.

Yifan just announced to the family that they'll have a new addition in near months but apparently not everyone was happy about it. Not Minseok who once received his parents' full love for almost two years before his mother said he'll have a younger brother. He got the very same news a year after and now, after that year passed he got the same news again? Just how long he had to be a good boy, waiting for his parents attention, taking care of his younger brothers and be a patient as a 4 years old can be before he will get his parents love back? It won't happen as the love already divided into three and it will become four very soon.

There's a time when Minseok wanted to go back to be just an only child. It's very selfish of him, but he's only a child who knew nothing but ask for everything and hoping his parents will grant all of it.

"Yifan..."

Yifan didn't know why Minseok reacted that way and he couldn't move. He stood up couple of minutes ago when he saw the gloomy look from Minseok, wanting to check if he's okay only to received that angry look, the very first one he had seen and directed to him.

"Why..." he whispered to himself.

Junmyeon saw his husband's back and although it look as strong as usual, he could see in no time Yifan will break down and that broad shoulder will hunched down in sadness.

"Yifan, come here..."

Yifan inhaled once, turning around and went to his wife, searching for comfort from his lovely wife who wrapped his arms around him.

"Pa...?"

"Appa?"

Yifan saw Tao and Jongin sitting beside Junmyeon, innocent pairs of eyes blinking at him it made him smile only for a second before he started sniffling to Junmyeon's hair, closing his eyes.

"It hurts."

"I know..." Junmyeon pecked Yifan's neck, rubbing his back for a minute before he pulled himself to stare at his husband's face. Tears were falling and it hurted Junmyeon inside. He might have an idea of why Minseok acted that way but he's not entirely sure.

"Honey, don't be like this. The kids are watching..." Junmyeon shushed Yifan who refused to stop bringing those tears out of his eyes.

Tao crawled to his father with Junmyeon's help, sitting on Yifan's lap and looked up as his tiny hands clutched on his father's shirt. "Appa, why cry? Hurt?"

Yifan chuckled seeing worried Tao, he couldn't stop the tears that Tao started to get teary and cried too, burying his face on Yifan's chest. Jongin who heard Tao's cry instantly followed, crying louder and Junmyeon brought the youngest to him, shushing and rocking him as he felt his own eyes started to sting.

Minseok watched from the tiny gap of his parents' room door, biting his lips to hold himself not to cry. He started to sob as a guilt came to him, closing the door before he ran to his parents' bed, muffling his cry on the pillows until he's too tired to open his eyes and fell asleep.






Minseok felt the familiar hand brushing on his head, the scents filling his nose were the one he loved and he snuggled to the smooth fabric.

"Minseok-ah..."

Minseok hummed, pressing his cheek into the fabric more as the memory of earlier event came to him slowly, making him open his eyes to see his mother and father were staring at him.

"Appa? Eomma?" he mumbled, trying to get up. He saw the smiles both of his parents showing before he frowned, lips went downward and he jumpedt to his father's lap. "Appa!! I'm sorry, Minseok's sorry! Minseok didn't mean it, Minseok just...Minseok wants another brother or sister! Minseok just afraid appa and eomma will ignore Minseok when the new baby come...will appa forgive Minseok? Please?"

"Shhh...it's okay, appa know now why Minseok's upset. Appa and eomma are sorry, okay? We won't ignore you, honey. The new baby will need our help and you're our big boy now, you can take care of yourself for a while when the baby needs our help, right?" Yifan cupped his eldest son's face, pressing a kiss to his forehead and gave the boy a smile.

"We love all of you so much, so don't you worry, Minnie..." Junmyeon said from beside his husband, rubbing Minseok's head who snuggled to his father.

Jongin was watching from his mother's lap, Tao who sat beside his mother crawled to follow Minseok on their father's chest. Yifan secured both sons on his chest with his arms, hugging them both as they pressed into each other.

"Hyung..." Tao smiled at his brother.

Minseok smiled back seeing Tao, his hand reached out to take Tao's hand and hold it. "I will get another another cute brother like Tao and Jongin, or maybe a sister! Tao-yah, we will get another brother!"

"Another brother!" Tao repeated.

Jongin whined, wanted to join his brothers as he opened his arms.

"How about we take a nap together?" Junmyeon said. The mother told Yifan to put Minseok and Tao down to the bed between them and he put down the youngest beside Tao. Jongin snuggled to Tao who giggled, snuggling back to his brother. Minseok slowly close his eyes back as Yifan patted his stomach gently.

The parents watched his sons went to sleep one by one as Junmyeon sang them lullaby.

"Babe, will Minseok be okay?" Yifan was still sitting just like Junmyeon, having their eyes on their sleeping sons.

"He will, don't worry. He's just shock, I'm sure he will love his new sibling." Junmyeon shifted his eyes to his husband, worried orbs staring at their eldest son.

"Are you sure?"

"Yifan, he's being a good brother all this time. He will be fine, trust me. I can imagine him fighting with Jongin and Tao to play with the baby later."

Yifan chuckled at the image and saw Junmyeon, staring at him while having one hand rubbing his stomach. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..."

Yifan knitted his brows, "Tell me if you need any help, okay? And if you want to eat something too, tell me."

Junmyeon's smile went wider, showing his teeth before he bit his lips and nodded. "I will, honey."