Baekhyun

Families

Meeting Wu Family


 



Baekhyun searched for Kyungsoo after letting him to play for about an hour at the park while he went to do groceries shop. He found his son was playing with other boys and he called for him.

"Appa!!" Kyungsoo stood up and ran to his mother, smilling up at him as he jumped on his place couple of times. "I met new friends today! Want me to introduce you, appa? All of them are brothers!"

Baekhyun thought for a while, he didn't really feel like interacting with another mother but seeing the happy look on his son's face made him gave a nod and smile.

"Come with me!" Kyungsoo pulled his mother's hand and brought him to his new friends.

"Jongin! Meet my mother!" Kyungsoo called for a boy who had been watching for him. The slight tan boy smiled seeing Kyungsoo coming back with his mother. Baekhyun saw two other boys watched him, the taller boy who had chubby cheeks with single eyelids started introducing himself and his brothers.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Wu Minseok. These are my brother, Tao and Jongin. Our youngest brother, Sehun, is with our mother." Minseok told his brothers to bowed.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's mother. Did you came here alone or with your mother?" Baekhyun didn't see any woman around them and he felt a little bit relief.

"Their mother is buying us ice cream, eomma!" Kyungsoo tugged on his mother's hand, calling his mother to look at him again.

"Us? But Soo, you shouldn't do that to someone you just met!"

"U-uhm, it's my idea actually..." a boy with a slight dark circles under his eyes lifted his hand up and Baekhyun worried if the boy had enough sleep.

"Really? Thank god, I think Kyungsoo's making trouble or something..."

"Appa!!"

"I'm just worried, Soo."

Baekhyung saw a man came walking to them, holding up a plastic bag on his hand while his other hand's holding a small boy's hand who walked beside him. "Boys, here's your ice cream. One cup each, okay?" his eyes met with Baekhyun, blinking once before it went down to see Kyungsoo beside him. "Oh? Are you Kyungsoo's mother?"

Baekhyun gulped before he nodded, the smile the man gave too him was too angelic and it made him nervous for no reason. "Yes, I am. My name is Park Baekhyun."

The man who he thought as the kids' mother--Kyungsoo did said mother, not father, right?--smiled and bowed, "My name is Wu Junmyeon, nice to meet you, Kyungsoo eomma." Junmyeon looked down when he felt Tao tugging on his pants, asking for the ice cream that he forgot was still on his hand. "Oh, right! Here you go...Kyungsoo you can take yours too."

Kyungsoo let go of his mother's hand and went to Junmyeon to took his ice cream. He had this big smile as he opened the cup and started eating.

Baekhyun smiled seeing his son's being happy, he sighed as he had to go back home and told his boy about it though. "Kyungsoo, we should get back. Say your goodbye to your friends."

Kyungsoo pouted but did as he told, "I'll see you again, Minseok hyung, Tao, Jongin and Sehun. We should play again next time...oh! Eomma, can you get Jonginnie's mother's number? So we can meet again?"

"Sure."

Baekhyun asked Junmyeon's number and the paler man gave it to him. Junmyeon asked where Baekhyun lived and found out that he lived only couple of houses away.

"Let's go back together, then!!" Junmyeon suggested. "Kyungsoo can come whenever he wants to our place. Does he have any sibling?"

"No, he doesn't have any. It's very nice of you, I'm sure Kyungsoo will be excited to know about it."

"I'm happy too. This is the first time Jongin walked to someone and introduce himself, he never did that before, it's usually Tao who does it." Junmyeon stared at his sons and Kyungsoo eating their ice cream, some tasting the other's ice cream who had different flavors.

"Oh, really?" Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo played with other kids before but he never talked to the kids and their mothers, he only heard the names from Kyungsoo. He didn't like the stare when some mothers found out he was the mother so he preferred to stay alone in a bench and focused on his phone, book, or magazine he brought.

"I think Kyungsoo took his attention, that's why."

 




Baekhyun did as he promised to his son, bringing Kyungsoo to the Wu house as the boy wanted to play with Jongin and his brothers again. The mother made apple pie as a thank you for the ice cream the last time they met. He pressed the bell and waited, Kyungsoo's feeling giddy beside him.

"What time do you want me to pick you up?"

"Can I call you later, appa? I'm not really sure..."

Baekhyun hummed, "Okay then, I'll wait for your call. You better not make any trouble for Jongin eomma, do you hear me?"

Kyungsoo made an ok sign as the front door opened, Junmyeon came out with Jongin trailing behind.

"Baekhyun-ssi!"

"Kyungsoo hyung!!"

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow for a moment, seeing how familiar both mother and son for a second as they called for him and Kyungsoo, even their eyes were gleaming with happiness and excitement the same way.

"Come in, come in, we've been waiting for you!" Junmyeon said as he opened the gate.

"Uhm, I'm just going to drop Kyungsoo off..." Baekhyun paused seeing Junmyeon's rejected face, "But I think I can come in and talk with you for a while..."

"Good! Let's go, then!"





Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol massage his head, he finally could rest after one of the hardest day he got. He didn't know having a new friend could be that hard, but maybe the addition of four kids was the reason. The Wu kids did nothing to him actually, they greeted him politely but the way they play with Kyungsoo scared him somehow. He kind of curious why the youngest one, Sehun, clinged to his mother when he talked with Junmyeon and forgot to ask about it.

"I want to hear the story so badly, but I think you're so tired, huh?" Chanyeol stopped his massage, his hand went down to Baekhyun's cheek and rubbed his thumb on it.

"Mh-hmm...the only thing I can say is that I'm glad to know them. Kyungsoo likes his new friends a lot, he already told me he wants to go there again."

"I'm happy to hear that, then."

"You should meet them someday, you might see why I got so tired even by just seeing them." Baekhyun sighed in content, having Chanyeol peppering kisses around his face as his lips turned up into a smile.

"I can't wait to see the kids. They must be such a good boys for our Kyungsoo to be happy like that."

"They are..."