Taochen (51)

Families

Jealousy


 

 

Tao didn't know how Jongin can suddenly ask a boy to play with them without him or their mother to help. Jongin and Sehun were quite shy, just like him but Tao's a little different because he could be the one to say hello to stranger. He had seen the boy with wide eyes couple of times and wanted to talk to him but always got distracted by his brothers that it came to his mind only when Jongin suddenly bringing the said boy, holding hands together.

"They are my brothers." Jongin turned to the said boy with wide eyes, staring back at Tao and his brothers. Tao could feel Sehun tried to hide behind him and Minseok as the youngest took his hand to hold.

"Hi! My name is Kyungsoo. Can I play with you?"

Tao stared when Kyungsoo's eyes turned into crescent and his lips stretched into a smile that shaped like a...heart. Tao widen his eyes, letting go of Sehun's hand who let out a small cry and went to Kyungsoo in a flash, hugging the boy into his arms.

"Cuteeee!!" Tao rubbed his head into Kyungsoo whose eyes got larger, staring at Jongin who had his mouth opened, still too shock to see his brother hugging his new friend.

"Tao hyung!!" Jongin shouted, trying to pull Tao away from Kyungsoo that looked like he's asking for help.

Minseok who saw what happened only sighed, one arm around Sehun's shoulder who hugged him sideway, sniffling while looking at two of his older brothers shouting at each other.

"Let go of him, Tao hyung!!"

"Jongin, he's so cuteee...he's like your plushie at home, he's like pororo!!" Tao squealed, hugging Kyungsoo tighter the shorter could only gasped.

"L-let go..." Kyungsoo's small voice couldn't reach Tao who's busy rubbing him like a cat to its owner.

"Minseok hyung, do something! Kyungsoo hyung can't breath!!" Jongin ran to Minseok, dragging him to Tao and Kyungsoo. He took Sehun to his arms while telling Minseok to hurry, that Kyungsoo might die it made the eldest rolled his eyes.

"Tao, let go of him." Minseok who's currently the tallest pulled Tao away easily and stood between Tao and Kyungsoo, protecting the smaller in case Tao will start his 'attack' again.

Tao pouted, whining at Minseok who's scolding him it's rude to suddenly hug someone before he introduce himself. Tao's lips formed small o before he bowed, grinning, "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. My name is Tao. You're cute and let's be friends."

 





Kyungsoo grunted when he felt Tao's arms around his shoulder, not trying to move his body from years of experience that the taller will only hold him even closer and he didn't want to make Jongin jealous, although he could see from the corner of his eyes Jongin throwing glares at him. He could only reply with a small smile, mouthing a sorry to him.

"Tao-yah, won't Jongdae be jealous of me?"

Tao played with Kyungsoo's hair, thinking of him like his favorite plushie and pecked his head. He could hear an intake of breath from Jongin but ignored it. "Nah, he's not the jealous type."

"You don't know him that good, then."

"W-what did you mean by that? I know him quite well, I think!" Tao squinted his eyes, not liking the words that came out from Kyungsoo. Jongdae was his boyfriend, of course he knew him! But Kyungsoo knew Jongdae longer than him so he must knew the shorter man better that it made Tao uneasy.

"He's not the jealousy type, but of course everyone will feel jealous at one point. He never really mention or anything, but I just want you to know that you shouldn't hug me as much as you like. He might not like it if he saw what you're doing and being both of your friend, I don't want to be the cause of your fight. Imagine if he does the same with Jongin."

The taller shrugged, "I'm fine if he's close with my brothers, I like that actually."

"Really? So if Jongdae hugs Jongin and clings to him, snuggling to him like he's you, it's okay?"

The image came to Tao's mind and he scrunched his nose, shaking his head in hate. "Well, not like that..."

"See? So stop hugging me like I'm your doll or something, I'm tired too sometimes you know..."

The whiny tone of Kyungsoo made Tao leaned in and ready to hug him again but he controlled himself and dropped his arms with a sigh. Jongin widen his eyes before it crinkled as he smiled, "You're good, Kyungsoo hyung."

Kyungsoo gave his heart shaped smile to his boyfriend and Jongin sniffed, hugging his boyfriend who looked adorable while Tao pouted.


 





"Dae?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you jealous if I hug Kyungsoo?"

Jongdae looked up from his laptop, meeting Tao's eyes who were looking at pedestrians outside of the cafe. "What?"

"Kyungsoo. If I hug him, will you be okay or will you be jealous?"

Jongdae tilted his head to the side, "Why you hug him?"

"Cause he's cute."

Tao missed the way Jongdae's hand tightened to a fist on the table, "I'm not jealous. It's okay, he's just friend, right?"

Tao's tired expression suddenly changed, "Really? See...Kyungsoo's wrong. He said that you'll be jealous if you know."

Jongdae smiled, showing his teeth while shaking his head, "Jealous? Eyyy..why should I be?"

Tao nodded, agreeing with his boyfriend. Why should his boyfriend be jealous their best friend?


 





Tao pouted as he stared at his phone, waiting for Jongdae to came out from his class as he waited near his car. They had a date and Jongdae told the taller to pick him up after class. Jongdae never late, he usually already waiting on the bench when Tao came.

He just pressed the dial button, pressing his phone to his ear when he saw Jongdae walking to him. He canceled the call and smiled, frowning when he saw Jongdae was not alone.

"Hey!!" Jongdae smiled, hugging Tao for a moment before turning to his friend who was watching him, "This is my senior, Kyuhyun hyung. Hyung, meet my boyfriend, Tao."

Kyuhyun made a teasing sound, "So this is the famous Tao?"

"F-famous?" Tao whispered to Jongdae who grinned.

"Everyone on the drama club know you, Tao. He brags to us about you, about how a good boyfriend you are and stuffs that it makes some of us envy." Kyuhyun tsked, giving a fake hate glare to his junior before laughing. "Well then, I will go now. See you tomorrow, Chen. Nice to meet you, Tao." he waved his hand before walking away from the couple.

Jongdae let go of his boyfriend, rounding the car to get on the passenger seat and get inside, Tao following on the driver seat.

"We're going to watch, right?" asked Jongdae.

"Yeah."

"Great, let's eat at our usual place after that!"






"Dae?"

"Hmm?" Jongdae's mouth was full of meat, eyes opened wide and stared at his boyfriend who seemed like he didn't have appetite.

"Why I never heard of Kyuhyun hyung?"

"Really? I never mention him before?"

Tao pouted, shaking his head and leaned in. "Does he have a boyfriend?"

"Nope."

"What?"

"Why?"

Tao ran a hand through his short hair, a deep frown on his head and Jongdae secretly like it. That kind of expression always made his boyfriend looked hot as he unconsciously his lip.

"He's handsome."

"Uh-huh?"

"He has no boyfriend."

Jongdae opened his mouth, "I don't get it, Tao."

"What if he likes you?"

Jongdae cackled hearing that coming from Tao, "Me? Oh come on...I'm not his type at all!"

"How come you know which is his type?" Tao raised a brow.

"Cause he told me that he had a crush on a basketball player on my campus?" Jongdae took another meat again and put it inside his mouth. He took one and offered it to Tao who shook his head. "Tao, I've been eating this for a while. You're not hungry?"

"No."

Jongdae dropped his hand. Tao sounded dejected and he wondered why. "What is it? You never refuse meat before..."

"I don't want you near him again. Can you do that?"

"What? Who? Kyuhyun hyung? Tao..." Jongdae rolled his eyes but Tao took his free hand and stared at him.

"I'm serious, Dae. I don't like him."

"But Tao, we're on the same club. I can't do that and you know it."

"At least never hang out or walk with him outside the club."

Jongdae groaned, "Fine, I won't. Happy? Now can you please eat?"

Tao held Jongdae's hand, a smile came to his lips as he nodded. "Feed me." he opened his mouth and Jongdae smiled, putting a meat on Tao's mouth.

"What do you hate about Kyu--"

"Don't say his name! Don't bring him to any of our conversation too!" Tao squinted his eyes, tightening his grip on Jongdae's hand.

"Seriously, Tao? Are you being jealous right now?"

"I'm halfway there." Tao nodded seriously while Jongdae thought how ridiculous his boyfriend at the moment.

"You hang out with Jongin too much."

Tao shrugged, "Maybe." and opened his mouth, asking Jongdae to feed him again.



 



 


Jongdae opened his mouth wide seeing Tao's doing a dance with a girl from his dance class. He was hanging out with Kyungsoo who watched Jongin and Sehun's practice video on their class' website. He asked the wide eyed boy why Tao wasn't on the video and Kyungsoo showed him Tao's to watch.

"What the...why he's the one dancing with a girl? Why not Jongin and Sehun?"

"The girl picked him I heard." Kyungsoo blinked, seeing Jongdae staring too closer to his laptop.

"That idiot...I won't get jealous at you!!" Jongdae said with a loud voice, almost like a shout that Kyungsoo jumpet on his seat in surprise.


"Yah! Don't do that! And what are you talking about, jealous?" Kyungsoo hissed at his friend, taking his laptop from Jongdae's hands, afraid his friend will throw, punch, or did harm with it.

"We're having a battle now."

"Battle?"

"Who can last longer being jealous without getting angry."

"What kind of stupid battle is that?"

Jongdae gasped, "YAHH!! You're the one who make me jealous!! Why you let Tao hug you? You're not his boyfriend!!"

Kyungsoo huffed, "I told him to stop. Jongin told him the same. It's not my fault, it's his fault. He thought I'm a human pororo when we're little."

Jongdae chuckled, "Well...you look kind of similar, a little..." he patted Kyungsoo's cheek who slapped his hand away. "But still, you can't let him do that...he should hug me instead!!"

"You're too busy with your clubs..." whispered Kyungsoo.

"Did he told you that?"

"No, just me. I can see how two of you rarely meet these days. He spends many times at dance class, I think he wants to be Lay hyung's assistant or something."

Jongdae pouted, faking a cry as he leaned his head to Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Why he didn't tell me that..."

"Err...I heard it from Jongin, not Tao. So, again, it's NOT my fault! And uhh...why are you so clingy today?"

Jongdae hugged Kyungsoo sideway, his friend only sighed, tired and familiar with the feeling already that he didn't make a move despite some weirds stares he got from others. "I miss Tao...but I'm still angry at him so I lied that I have a practice today."

"Stupid."

Jongdae gulped, the face of smilling Tao came to his mind and he muttered, "I am..."


 





Jongdae couldn't take it anymore. He lied to Tao, saying that he was busy which he wasn't. It's been two weeks and Tao never once complaint about it. Didn't the taller man miss him? Was it only him who miss his boyfriend? Jongdae decided to come to Tao's dance class. He wanted to surprise his boyfriend.

What he saw when he arrived wasn't a good sight as Tao was hugging the girl from the video, his strong arms wrapped around the petite body and Jongdae felt like crying.

"Jongdae hyung!!" Sehun called, waving his hand with a smile when he saw his brother's boyfriend.

Jongdae saw Tao looked up at him hearing Sehun, he didn't look shock, instead smilling at him and it hurted Jongdae even more that he turned around and ran away from there. 

He ran only for a while before someone caught his hand and he already knew who the person was.

"Let go."

"Dae? Why are you running away?"

"Let me go!!"

Tao flinched at Jongdae's raised voice. "Jongdae?"

Jongdae turned his face away from Tao, a tear had fallen and he didn't want Tao to see him. "I'll go back. You can continue on your practice."

"What?" But aren't you coming for me?"

"See you tomorrow." Jongdae turned his body and took one step before he felt Tao took his hand again and turned him around.

"Jongdae, what happen...ed." Tao cupped Jongdae's face in instant, wiping Jongdae's tears with his thumbs. "Jongdae, what happen? Did you hurt yourself?" Tao went panicked, checking on Jongdae's body if he maybe fell or something but he didn't find any wound.

"It hurts..." Jongdae whispered.

"Where?" Tao demanded, worrying the state of his boyfriend.

"Here..." Jongdae put a palm on his heart, another tear fell down his cheek and Tao froze. "Why are you hugging that girl...why are you hugging Kyungsoo...why you can be jealous while I can't? I'm your b-boyfriend, Tao...I....I want you to hug me...am I not enough? W-why..." Jongdae started crying and Tao brought him closer to lean on his chest.

"Jongdae, I'm sorry..." Tao kissed Jongdae's head and Jongdae's cry got even louder, the taller rubbed his back in attempt to stop his boyfriend from crying. "Jongdae-yah...it was only a practice, you know that, right? and Kyungsoo, he's our friend and it's already a habit of mine so it's hard to stop. I didn't know that you're jealous, you didn't say anything to me...I'm sorry, hm?"

Jongdae shook his head, hugging his boyfriend so tight like a child who didn't want his or her mother to leave them to work. He mumbled something and Tao frowned, "What?"

The smaller sniffed, lifting his head up, teary eyes staring into Tao's gentle ones. "I hate you."

"I'm sorry...I really didn't know, Dae."

Jongdae reached up to press his lips to Tao. "You're mine." he gave another kiss, "You can't hug anyone but me, do you hear me? I don't care if it's a practice, I don't care if it's a friend, you can't hug anyone. Do that and I will break up with you."

Tao widened his eyes, "J-jongdae?"

"You're my boyfriend, right?"

"I am."

"Then look only at me as I look only at you, Tao." Jongdae sniffed.

Tao stared at Jongdae's eyes where tears started to formed again and he leaned in, pressing his lips to both of Jongdae's eyelids before he kissed him.

"Okay. I will look only at you."