In The Mourning

It Isn't Easy Living With 13 Vampires

I kept staring at Joon. Watching him look at the menu, his eyes gazing over it, I should confess, like now.

"H- OW!" I exclaimed. I looked at Yoona, she had a bright smile on her face, was it because she just kicked me and got my attention, she kissed Donghae, or because she knows I'm getting over Eunhyuk. Wow. I really am over him, I can think his name with out feeling pain.

"Can you come with me?" She feigned innocence. I sighed and nodded, following her to the counter.

"What? I was going to say something to Joon." I hissed when we were away from Joon.

"You like him don't you?" Right on the dot. "Come on, admit it, admit it, admit it, you liiiikeee himmmm~" She was jumping up and down. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes! Okay? Yes, I think I like him." I admitted. Her smile widened, and she had an evil glint in her eye.

"OhmyGod! This is awesome! Go and te-What do you want?" I noticed she was no longer looking at me, but to someone behind me. I turned around and Eunhyuk was there, staring at me.

"We need to talk." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the cafe. Once out, I snatched my wrist back and tried giving him a deadly glare.

"Yah! We're out here, now talk." I said trying to look him down.

"What the hell was your friend talking about? You can't like anyone. We've only been broken up for four days, and you've already moved on?!" This ing jerk!

"Excuse me? Did you just say that I shouldn't be over you?! You didn't even break up with me! You're right. It did take me four days to move on. Ask me if I care. YOU were over me right when you saw Gyuri, and you know what? I wish you two the best, I really do. I'm happy to see you happy. But don't I deserve to be happy? Do you want me to sit around and sulk? I'm over you, and I'm happy! I loved you, I really did, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. And I'm okay with that! But please, don't stand here and basically tell me that I shouldn't be happy with someone else when you practically ripped my heart and tore it shreds and watched me bleed and writhe on the floor, cause through everything I've been, I deserve this. Don't tell me I shouldn't be over you when you didn't even take a second look at me when Gyuri came back. Eunhyuk, we are done, and I've accepted that, so let's just part ways." After all this, my eyes are dry. I should be bawling right? Why aren't I? Is it cause it's the truth? It is, I've finally accepted reality, and damn, does it feel good.

"Did you only want to become a vampire?" I slapped him, the nerve of him.

"Don't you dare say that. Like l said, l loved you, but now I'm happy things ended-" I started but I got interrupted.

"Mi Hye! The hospital called, your aunt and uncle are there, it's bad Mi Hye, it's bad." Yoona was in tears. My aunt and uncle, the only family I had left. No.

"Mi Hye." Eunhyuk whispered at the same time Joon came out the cafe. I ran in to his arms. I don't know what came over me, but I needed to be in Joon's arms. I started bawling.

"Shh. Shh, It's going to be okay. Come on, let's go." He whispered. He side hugged me and led me to Yoona's car, Yoona had already started her car.

[Eunhyuk's POV]

It hurt seeing her run to that Lee Joon guy. What have I done? I just want her back, I want her to run in to my arms. I can't take back my choice, but I wish there was a way, I wish I could have her back, to tell her I love her, but I ruined it by taking Gyuri back, but it was for Mi Hye. Thinking of Gyuri, where is she?

[Gyuri's POV]

Eunhyuk is being annoying. He saw that and now he's all mopey, he can have all the time to get over her, cause I'm not going anywhere. So here I am, sitting next to him, when I hear some thoughts, calling out to me.

"Gyuri, come to bathroom." It was Jiyoung. *Sigh* What does she want?

"I'll be right back, babe." I told Eunhyuk and pecked his cheek and left when he didn't respond. He needed to snap out of it already. I left to the bathroom and the second the door closed, Jiyoung appeared.

"It's done, her aunt and uncle will die, the burns were pretty severe, I made sure." She smiled. I smirked and nodded.

"Good." I said. I turned around, with my hand on the door handle. Without turning to her, I spoke. "You should go, he'll recognize you." I said and left.

[Lee Joon's POV]

Mi Hye and I were sitting in the back as Yoona was driving. My shirt was wet with her salty tears, and all I could do is rub her back. I feel so bad. I wonder if her parents know about this. (Since Mi Hye and Lee Joon just met, he doesn't know about her parents' death and how her aunt and uncle are the only "family" she has left.)

I wish I could tell her how I feel about her, I was about to today, but with all this happening I don't think I can. I even know that she isn't over Eunhyuk yet. I kind of know about them, it isn't hard to notice the hurt in both of their eyes, or see the way Eunhyuk was looking at her. *Sigh* I doubt she'll ever even go for me. Whatever, right now I just need to be here for her, I've known her for four days, and already I'm hooked.

[Mi Hye's POV]

I feel numb. Tears are coming out of my eyes, but I have no feeling. I don't think I can take this anymore. My parents' death, Eunhyuk leaving me, and now this? I just can't. I need someone to be at my side. I needed it to be my aunt and uncle. What's going to happen now? I need to close my eyes, just for a while, I need to go in to a world where everything is going right.

I'm in a field of flowers, of all kinds. I'm sitting under a tree, my back against it, knees up to my face, shaded from the blazing sun. I fix my pink dress so no one will see what's under, not that I see anyone. This place is beautiful, I just want to stay and sit like this forever. I wish I could.

"Mi Hye-ah!" I hear an angelic voice by my ear, but before I even answer, I feel a pair of soft lips on my neck. "I was looking for you." His warm breath could be felt on my bare skin.

"I was here all along." I whispered. I turn to face him. "Where were you Lee Changsun?" I asked, he hates it when I say his real name. He groaned and cupped my face.

"I don't like that name, you know it. And like I said, I was looking for you, and now I've finally found you." He brought his lips closer to mine.

"Like I said, I was here all along, all alone. I was waiting, waiting for you to come." I said and right before my lips touched his, someone called my name.

"Mi Hye-ah. We're here." I head Joon's voice. I opened my eyes and saw the hospital. Was I really just dreaming about Joon? I can't help feel that the conversation we were having in my dream had a double meaning. Okay, let's just go see my aunt and uncle. I got up and Joon held my hand, squeezing it in assurance. "Everything will be fine." He whispered. His warm breath feels the same as it hit my skin. I nodded and we walked in.

~~~

-Two Weeks Later-

I stood there in all black, in front of everyone. Eunhyuk was there with Gyuri and the rest of Super Junior. Yoona was holding Donghae's hand, and Siwon and Lee Joon were standing side by side, Joon wasn't taking his eyes off of me. I let the tears fall silently as I listened to the priest talk about how life and death isn't in our hands, but in God's. When will this end? Oh look, it's mine turn to talk.

"The song In The Mourning is stuck in my head, you know the one by Paramore? Well, the line "It takes all my strength not to dig you from the ground in which you lay, the biggest part of me, you were the greatest thing and now you're just a memory to let go of." Keeps replaying in my head." I took a deep breath to control myself from breaking down with what little strength I have remaining. "It's hard, letting someone you love go. This isn't the first time I have to, and that's what I hate. I guess it just wasn't ever meant to be for me." I let the tears flow freely, as I felt all eyes on me. "I'm not going to stand up here and say that my aunt and uncle were great people, everyone here should know that already, they've been there for me through everything, and I will always love them." I finished and stepped down from the podium. I went and stood in front of the coffins.

The priest said some prayers as they put them six them feet under, this is real. I even pinched myself to make sure it wasn't just another dream. I feel like I can't feel anything, like I'm numb, and I think I am.

~~~

After the burial, everyone went home besides Super Junior, Yoona, Lee Joon, and Gyuri. Yes, I think I've finally accepted that Eunhyuk is with her now that I've realized my feelings for Joon. The seventeen of us went back to Super Junior's house, Eunhyuk was being a little too rude to Joon, which I do not appreciate, but right now, I can only mourn. Joon held me close in the car, and I just couldn't cry anymore. These past couple of weeks have drained me dry, from everything, feelings and tears. Only angst is left in me. Joon was my hair and I looked up and saw Eunhyuk, who was driving, look at me through the rear view mirror. I shut me eyes and held Joon tighter.

"We're here." Eunhyuk said and the people in this car, me, Joon, Siwon, Donghae, Yoona, Gyuri, and Eunhyuk, all shuffled out of it. (I's an escalade.)

We entered the house which I sort of forgot how it looked like since I haven't stepped foot in it since like three weeks, but here I am.

"Sit here, I'll be right back." Joon said. He kissed my cheek and left. No, me and Joon aren't together, but Yoona told him about my feelings last week, and he told he'll wait for me to heal, and I love that he did that, ever since then, he's been kissing my cheeks, my forehead, and my hands. Eunhyuk seems really bitter about it, but it doesn't matter. Eunhyuk and I aren't exactly friends, we barely talk, but I want to become friends with him, it would be less weird. I sat on the couch and Siwon sat next to me, he's been like an older brother to me and I really needed that.

"How you holding up?" He asked. I sighed and leaned my head on his arm.

"I've had better days." I honestly. He chuckled softly.

"Obviously. Don't worry, you'll get through it. We're all here for you, even if for some it may not seem like it." Siwon was looking directly at Eunhyuk when he said that. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm over him." I said and again Siwon chuckled.

"Trust we all know. We can see the way you and Joon look at each other." I smiled and looked at Yoona and Donghae. Donghae was kissing each of her fingers. Oh, I didn't explain that one. Well after Yoona told Joon about my feelings toward him, Donghae got inspired and told Yoona he liked her. Apparently Donghae never falls for any girl and Yoona is the first, he better treat her right. Anyways, Yoona practically jumped on him and accepted his feeling, that's basically it, but she's too scared to have and he's respecting her decision since it's her first time." Well thanks for having respect for me, jackass!" I thought bitterly.

"I'm back." Joon entered the living room where everyone was now seated. He had piano keyboard in his hand along with a stand. He set it down and sat in front of it. "Well this song is Daesung from Big Bang, and the song's name is Baby Don't Cry, I just want you to hear it if you haven't yet. He started playing the piano and singing.

jigeum nega ulgo itda haedo dallajilgeon eopdago
jigeum nega eobseo jinda haedo dallajilgeon eopdago
hajiman neon wae ulgo inni

majimakcheoreom nuneul gamgo inni
da jinan iri janha ije useobwa My baby
sumanheun saramdeul tteonagado
i noraen yeongwonhae ne gyeote
geu manteon chingudeul da tteonado
yeogi nan ne yeope gyesok seo isseulgeoya
Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
eonjenga deo bitnalgeoya Give me your smile
Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
hanbeonman deo nal wihae Just give me your smile

imi modeun ireun jinagatjanha
geurae geurae eojetbame nega algo inneun
neoui joheun jeom neon geugeol jeil jal aljanha
hajiman neon wae ulgo inni

sesangi kkeutnal geotcheoreom nun gamgo inni
da jinan irijanha ireoke jil sun eobtjanha My Lady
sumanheun saramdeul tteonagado

i noraen yeongwonhae ne gyeote (hamkke halgeoya)
geu manteon chingudeul da tteonado

Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
eonjenga deo bitnalgeoya Give me your smile
Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
hanbeonman deo nal wihae Just give me your smile

Just give me your smile
Just give me your smile
Just give me your smile

sumanheun saramdeul tteonagado (tteonagado)
i noraen yeongwonhae negyeote (hamkkehae)
geu manteon chingudeul da tteonado (yeyeye)
yeogi nan neyeope gyesok seo isseulgeoya
Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
eonjenga deo bitnalgeoya Give me your smile
Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry
hanbeonman deo nal wihae Just give me your smile

Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry baby don’t cry

I started tearing up the lyrics, I feel like it was perfect. I got up and infront everyone [Super Junior, Gyuri, and Yoona] I grabbed his face and kissed his lips.

"It was beautiful." I whispered and he kissed me again.

~~~

[English Subs]

Even if you cry right now, it won’t change anything
Even if you’re gone, it won’t change anything

But why are you crying?
Why are you closing your eyes like it’s the end?
Everything has passed, smile now my baby

Even though many people left you
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

I’ve been through all of these already
Yeah, yeah, last night
I know your good points
You know it better than me

But why are you crying?
Why are you closing your eyes like it’s the end of the world?
Everything has passed, we can’t do anything now my lady

Even though many people left you
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

Just give me your smile 3x

Even though many people left you (left you)
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

Just give me your smile Oh
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry

~~~

Thoughts on this chapter? I think it'smy longest one yet =]