First Date

You Belong With Me

 

Eunnie looked at herself in the mirror one last time before heading out. Her very short (when I say short, really short) dress and very high heels made her think if she’s really going to do this.

 

 

“…you can do this Euunie. You have to win his heart tonight.” She said to herself.

 

 

She took a deep breath before going back to their table.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung kept himself busy while waiting for Eunnie. He kept on spinning his phone on the table while drinking wine. It wasn’t long when a figure blocked his eyesight.

 

 

 

“Hey, you’re blocking my…”

 

 

 

 

“Is that the proper way to greet your best friend?

 

 

 

“Woo Bin-ah…”

 

 

 

“It’s been a while.” He shot him a smile.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung could only give him a handshake and pat on his shoulder and they both sat down.

 

 

 

“Where have you been? We’ve been looking all over for you –“

 

 

“Really? Well, I don’t want to hurt the girl I love, and most especially my best friend.” Woo Bin said and poured some drink for himself.

 

 

 

“I…I’m sorry man…i…”

 

 

“Save it Yi Jung, it’s not me who needs explanation. Come on man, I’m your best friend, I could understand. But you really should have told me everything. I bet you’ll give your grandpa a heart attack when he knows about this.”

 

 

 

Then both of them seemed speechless for a moment when the girl they both loved appeared in front of them. Way..way different from the other Eunnie.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa…I’m so glad to see you!” Eunnie hugged him. Woo Bin looked at Yi Jung.

 

 

 

“Well, I missed her, can I?” Woo Bin asked and Yi Jung nodded so he hugged her too. It took them a couple of minutes before they broke from the hug.

 

 

 

Eunnie sat in front of Woo Bin and Yi Jung. She sure looked uneasy with her very short dress, but she can manage. She brought herself to this.

 

 

 

“I must say Eunnie, you really broke my heart, but what hurts me most is that you didn’t dress like that on our first date.” And he pouted.

 

 

 

“Mianhae oppa…jeongmal mianhae…-“

 

 

 

“Nahh..stop that drama. I don’t want to be the villain in the story. As long as the both of you are happy… well then forget about me.” He said.

 

 

 

Eunnie was almost crying.

 

 

 

“Ya, hey don’t cry! Your…that thing on your eyes, your make up’s starting to smudge! Come on, I’m not mad. Seriously. Ya, Yi Jung-ah, could you keep your mouth shut? It’s not like you haven’t seen her wear those kinds of outfits before. Ya, Eunnie, could you shut your brother’s mouth? He’s drooling…” Woo Bin said cooly.

 

 

 

“Of course oppa…” Eunnie smiled widely. Yi Jung was just staring at her like there was something on her face. He just can’t stop staring at her, she’s totally different from her usual self. Her y shoulders and those soft curls hanging. She looks so…different.

 

 

 

“If I’m not mistaken, this is your first date, so I should be going then. Enjoy yourselves.” Woo Bin said and left.

 

 

“Well then, I guess I have to redo my make up now, right?” Eunnie smiled at Yi Jung.

 

 

 

Yi Jung stood up and sat next to her. Her mascara smeared because of her tears. Yi Jung cupped her face and smiled, he then wiped it away.

 

 

 

“You’re beautiful when you cry, but I wouldn’t like that.” He smiled.

 

 

 

“Oppa…”

 

 

 

“Come.” He said and took her hand. They headed to the dance floor.

 

 

 

The girls blushed and crowded their way towards him as he shot them his killer smile. Eunnie was feeling nervous but at the same time proud.  Nervous because any moment now, one of the girls could strangle her and steal Yi Jung away from her. Proud because she felt like she was the prettiest girl in the club, because the most handsome guy every girl’s drooling about, is inlove with her. Can I be any clearer than that?

 

 

 

 Yi Jung left her in the middle of the dance floor, she tried to hold on to his hand.

 

 

 

“I’ll be back baby, don’t worry.” He smiled. She just nodded.

 

 

She looked around her, of course they all know that she’s his sister. That was why she was nervous, because everybody thinks she’s just his sibling and not his date. Yi Jung whispered something to the DJ. Eunnie was feeling uneasy now, how many pairs of eyes were locked up on her?

 

 

 

Yi Jung went back to her with a smile on his face.

 

 

 

“Hey…you okay? Don’t worry, they’re just jealous. ‘Cause you’re with the most handsome guy here in the club.” He joked. Eunnie gave him a light slap.

 

 

 

“Don’t be so full of yourself big brother.”

 

 

 

“Hey, I thought you didn’t want me to think of that?”

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Why are you calling me big brother?”

 

 

“Ohh…so what do you think I should call you?”

 

 

 

 

“Call me by my name.”

 

 

 

“Jungee?”

 

 

 

“Not that…”

 

 

 

“Yi Jung…”

 

 

 

“That’s what I’m talking about…” he smiled as he put his arms around her waist.

 

 

 

The music started… (A/N: Wonder what song should I use? Any suggestions?)

 

 

“Now tell me Yi Jung…” she closed her eyes when she realized she called him by his first name for the first time.

 

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

 

“How do I look?”

 

 

“I believe…you’re the most beautiful thing my eyes have seen in my entire life.”

 

 

“I’m not joking.”

 

 

 

“So am I.” he smirked and they danced throughout the night.

 

 

 

When the music ended, they both returned to their table. Yi Jung had to answer a phone call from someone regarding the auction next day. Eunnie decided to drink…one…two shots of Dragon Bleu Vodka.

 

 

“Hey, aren’t you too young to be drinking and dating Yi Jung?”