Regrets and Resolutions

You Belong With Me

 

Yi Jung sleeping on a chair next to his grandfather when Il Hyun and Eun Jae arrived. Grandpa So was still asleep.

 

“Yobo, do you know what I’m thinking?” Eun Jae asked.

 

“I think so sweetie, I’m sure he already knows. But where’s Eunnie?” Il Hyun asked. Just then, Grandpa So groaned…

 

“Eunnie…my dear…Eunnie…” Grandpa So mumbled in his sleep. Yi Jung woke up.

 

“Harabeoji…” Yi Jung comforted his grandfather.

 

“Eunnie…where’s Eunnie?” He asked…strucking Yi Jung like a lightning bolt. He obviously, carelessly, unintentionally forgot Eunnie.

 

“Hyung, can you? I have to find her.” Yi Jung said, took his coat and left. Before he could totally leave the door, Eun Jae stopped him.

 

 

“Yi Jung, perhaps this will help…” Eun Jae said giving him her cell phone.

“Ehh?” Yi Jung asked but nodded with no further questions. He understood very well.

 

 

 

He knew Eunnie must have gotten really mad or depressed about the situation. But he didn’t leave her on purpose. He decided to call Eunnie using Eun Jae’s phone.

 

 

 

“Hi…this is So Eun. Please leave a message after the beep.” The voicemail said.

 

 

 

He texted her.

 

 

 

Eunnie, where are you? I’d like to talk to you.

 

 

He tried to keep it simple as possible so Eunnie won’t have any suspicions that it was him. He waited but got no reply. He checked his watch, it was almost the break of dawn. She’d be sleeping by now, he thought. Just then…

 

 

I’m so sorry for causing such trouble to grandpa and the family unnie… don’t worry. I’m safe, and I would like to have some time for myself. I’ll always think of you, Il Hyun oppa, grandpa So and Yi Jung of course…I love you.

 

 

 

Yi Jung stopped himself before starting his car. He knew she wouldn’t tell him where she is and now is actually not the right time. Composing himself, he went back to Grandpa So’s room.

 

 

 

“Yi Jung…you came back?” Il Hyun asked.

 

“…I…don’t think now is the right time to discuss this with her.” Yi Jung said.

 

“You have to bring her back to me Yi Jung…’cause if you don’t, I’ll die… I did a terrible thing to my granddaughter. Judging her like that. I just… I just don’t want either of you two to get hurt.” He said.

 

“Why grandpa? You think it’ll never work out because she’s my sister? You know how much I love her.” Yi Jung reasoned out.

 

“Find her. Find her.” He finally said.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung didn’t know where to start. He was awake the whole night…well, it was almost morning. Eun Jae gave her a cup of tea.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, you know Eunnie, she always understands… just give her some time.”  Eun Jae tried to comfort him but he was out of his mind.

 

“We love her…right?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Of course we do…”

 

“Do you really think this whole relationship thing could make the situation worse?”

 

“Yi Jung…you love each other. It may be difficult to face but you have to.”

 

“What should I do?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Well of course, say sorry to her first…”

 

“It’s not that simple.”

 

“Why Yi Jung? Is there a different sorry for simple and complicated situations?”

 

 

 

Eun Jae got him thinking. He really should apologize first for leaving her like that. Well, there’s only one thing left to do…

 

 

 

 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

 

 

“Who would call you this early Jan Di-ah?” Eunnie asked not opening her eyes.

 

“I don’t know. Yoboseyo?” Jan Di lazily answered her phone.

 

 

“Jan Di-ah, it’s me…Yi Jung.” On the other line.

 

 

Jan Di’s eyes grew bigger and stared at Eunnie.

 

 

 

“What?” Eunnie asked.

 

“It’s your brover.” Jan Di whispered covering her phone.

 

“What do you mean brover?” Eunnie whispered too.

 

“Your brother…lover, whatever.”

 

 

 

 

Eunnie signaled Jan Di making funny…scary faces telling her not to tell him she’s with her.

 

 

 

“Jan Di? You there?”

 

“Ahh yes, sunbae…what is it?”

 

“Do you have any idea where Eunnie is? Is she with you?”

 

 

 

 

Jan Di looked at Eunnie who is mouthing a big NO.

 

 

 

“Well…she said No she’s not with me.” Jan Di said.

 

“What?”

 

“I mean no, she’s not with me.”

 

“Look Jan Di, if you see her, can you tell her I’m sorry? And can you tell her I really need to talk to her.”

 

“And if i don’t? You broke my best friend’s heart sunbae.”

 

“And if you don’t I’ll die. You gotta tell her…”

 

“No.”

 

“Jan Di please.”

 

“No sunbae, you’re getting married to another girl and Eunnie doesn’t want your grandfather dead before that day.”

 

 

 

 

“Jan Di-ah!” Eunnie shouted.

 

 

 

 

 

“Eunnie?! Is that Eunnie? Jan Di give me Eunnie!” Yi Jung said on the other line.

 

“No. No. No. I’m hanging up. Toot. Toot. Toot. Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo?” Jan Di said shutting Eunnie by covering .

 

“Jan Di please…please let me talk to her.”

 

“No sunbae, no.”

 

“I’m heading to your house right now.”

 

“Go ahead, we’re not at home.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Seriously sunbae, I’m hanging up.” And she did hang up.

 

 

 

 

“Jan Di…what was that all about?”

 

“He said if you won’t talk to him he’ll die.” Jan Di said rolling her eyes.

 

“He did not?”

 

“I think he’s a bit serious.” Jan Di said getting up.

 

“What about Yoo Sun?”

 

“He didn’t mention her.”

 

“Oh Jan Di, what should I do?”

 

“Meet him.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“You should.”

 

“You don’t think he’s serious about that die thing right?”

 

“I don’t know, but I guess he’s serious when he said he’s heading here right now.” Jan Di said when she looked out the window. Eunnie looked outside too. And there he was…with the dark eyebags.

 

 

“Ohh my Jungee…what happened?” She said to herself.

 

“Eunnie, whatever you do…it’s up to you. I’m here.” Jan Di hugged her best friend.

 

 

 

Eunnie changed her clothes, brushed her teeth and draw herself together before she went down.

 

 

 

“Eunnie! Talk to me!” Yi Jung shouted.

 

 

 

 

“Eunnie, could you stop him? He’ll wake my mom, at this time, my mom’s in deep sleep, she’s been watching that drama the whole night. You sure wouldn’t want to wake her up, do you?” Jan Di said.

 

“Sorry for the trouble Jan Di.”

 

 

 

 

 

Then she went down.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung sat on the ground leaning on his car’s tire.

 

 

 

 

“What do you think you’re doing sitting on the ground?” Eunnie asked.

 

“Eunnie…baby, I’m so sorry…” Yi Jung said and stood up.

 

“Look, it’s my fault…you don’t have to say sorry.”

 

“No, I was totally out of my mind…I left you alone. I…”

 

“It’s okay…I understand.” She said and hugged him.

 

“Eunnie, you have to come with me to the hospital.”

 

“What? I can’t…grandpa might.”

 

“No, he was looking for you. He’s really sorry. He was just shocked of things…”

 

“Does he hate me?”

 

“Of course not, he loves you and we love you…”

 

“I know…but this’ll never work out. I love you too but you’re getting married.”

 

“Well, thanks to my stubborn fiancee-to-be, she backed out.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She said she wanted to marry an artist…not an ART-tist, but somewhat like an actor, singer, rockstar type. She liked signing autographs really.”

 

“Oh…so that-“

 

“Oh…so will you marry me?” Yi Jung cut her.

 

“Ehhh…Yi Jung…”

 

“Sweetie, look, let’s take this seriously and slowly.”

 

“What? I think we should discuss things with grandpa first.”

 

“Exactly. I was just…making you smile. Shall we?” Yi Jung said holding her hand.

 

 

 

 

Before Eunnie could get in the car, Yi Jung stopped her and hugged her tightly.

 

 

“I’m so sorry…really sorry. I love you so much.”

 

“Yi Jung, even if you don’t say it…I know how you feel.”

 

“That’s why I love you.” He said dropping kisses on her forehead and nose.