He's Just a Jealous Guy

You Belong With Me
“Wake up sleepyhead.” So Eun said as she tugged Yi Jung from his bed. As usual, her bright and sweet face made him grin for the moment.
.
.
.
“What are you smiling at?” So Eun asked and put an arm on her brother’s chest as she examined him closely.
.
.
.
“You seem to be in good mood Jungee, are you hiding something from me? You’re not even begging for five more minutes. Are you sick or something?” She asked as she eyes him narrowly.
.
.
.
.
.
“Muo? Well I just feel like I’m the luckiest brother in the whole world.” He smiled staring deeply in her eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
“And why is that?”
.
.
.
.
.
“Because I have very thoughtful sister like you. A sister I could trust and lean on whenever I’m down and a sister who shares every bit of her secret to me, we’re best friends right?” he smiled at her peculiarly.
.
.
.
.
.
“Ehh? Well…yes of course, what siblings are for right? I’m…gonna make breakfast.” She said, stood up and left.
.
.
.
.
.
YJ’S POV: Now you got me thinking you’re hiding something from me Eunnie.
.
.
.
.
.
They arrived at school a bit early so they decided to head to the lounge. Surprisingly, Ji Hoo was already there, reading a book.
.
.
.
.
.
“Good morning sunbae.” So Eun greeted him and earned a smile from the enigmatic young man.
.
.
.
“You’re a bit early today Yi Jung.” Ji Hoo said and Yi Jung sighed as he sat on the couch facing him.
.
.
.
“Jungee, Jan Di texted me, she’s already in school, I’m off. See ya.” So Eun said and left.
.
.
.
“Well?” Ji Hoo assumed and placed the book on the center table.
.
.
.
“I was wondering, I think my sister has a secret admirer or something.” Yi Jung said as he stood to get something from the fridge.
.
.
.
“And who do you think that might be?”
.
.
.
“I don’t know…First, she was wearing a clearly expensive neck piece saying it was a gift from a friend, next thing is, she was happily lying in bed last night…texting someone. Well, I wouldn’t mind it at first but it was already 2 in the morning!” He exclaimed.
.
.
.
“Looks like we have a suspicious brother here.”
.
.
.
“It’s not that I don’t trust her… I just felt like she’s hiding something from me.” He said. Just then, they heard footsteps coming and realized it came from Woo Bin. He failed to greet them because of his busyness in hitting some keys in his touch screen phone.
.
.
.
“Hmmm…too early for a date I guess?” Ji Hoo commented as Woo Bin gave him a smile.
.
.
.
“Well, dinner ac – “ then he saw Yi Jung opening a can of juice.
.
.
.
“Yes…dinner with some chic.” He finished. Yi Jung gave his friend a tug on his arm and seated where he was settled earlier.
.
.
.
.
.
“Some chic? Where to?” Yi Jung asked.
.
.
.
.
.
“Ehh, I don’t know. Maybe to some places, you know these kinds of girls Yi Jung…” He said and swallowed.
.
.
.
.
.
Then his phone beeped.
.
.
.
.
.
I’m sure my brother would be talking about me having this beautiful gift you gave me. Hope you won’t spoil anything. He’s just concerned. Have a great day oppa. :)
.
.
.
.
.
“I’m not used to seeing you texting a girl Woo Bin, you usually do the calling and hanging up.”
.
.
.
“I…well, I’m saving my battery for later.”
.
.
.
.
.
“What a weird answer. See ya later. Gotta sleep.” Ji Hoo commented and left the lounge leaving Woo Bin and Yi Jung in an awkward silence.
.
.
.
.
.
“Woo Bin, I was just wondering…do you happen to see So Eun going out with someone here in school?” He asked.
.
.
.
“Ehh? I don’t know…well, I haven’t… why?”
.
.
.
“Nothing…just an intuition. I have a feeling she’s hiding something from me. Did you notice her necklace?”
.
.
.
“Ehhh, I haven’t seen her yet wearing it…I mean I haven’t seen her yet now, wearing that necklace…you just said…yeah. Ehh, why? What’s with the necklace?” He gulped.
.
.
.
“She said…it was from a friend, then she said it was a guy. Then I saw her texting around 2am and she looked like she was really interested with that guy.”
.
.
.
“Any clues?”
.
.
.
“Not at all. She won’t tell me.” He said.
.
.
.
.
.
It was already 5 o’clock in the afternoon when Yi Jung waited for So Eun in the parking space.
.
.
.
.
.
He looked at his watch and it read 5:19PM. Still, no sign of So Eun. Then he felt his phone vibrating…
.
.
.
.
.
“Yoboseyo?”
.
.
.
“Jungee, I still have a practice for the upcoming…ahh, we have a role play so I will be home a bit late. Don’t wait for me, araso? Drive home safely.” So Eun said on the other line and hang up.
.
.
.
“But….” That was all that he could say. He sighed and went to his car.
.
.
.
.
.
He was driving home while listening to some music in his car when he realized that So Eun wouldn’t be able to cook him dinner so he stopped by at a restaurant to munch on something. He parked his car on a vacant space when he surprisingly identified the car next to him as Woo Bin’s. Before he got out, his cell phone rang with Eunnie on the caller ID.
.
.
.
.
.
“You home already?” she asked.
.
.
.
“Almost, just want to grab something for dinner. Not yet done?”
.
.
.
“Aniya…my classmates are giving me headache over this matter. But it’s okay.”
.
.
.
“Don’t stay out late. Araso?”
.
.
.
“Yes. Gotta go, bye.” She said and hangs up.
.
.
.
.
.
Then Yi Jung called Woo Bin…
.
.
.
.
.
“Hey bro, what’s up?”
.
.
.
“Where are you now?”
.
.
.
“Uhmm, having dinner with some girl…why?”
.
.
.
“Oh yeah, I forgot. Just thought if you want to have a drink. Nevermind, I’m going home…see you.”
.
.
.
.
.
He was sure it was Woo Bin’s car but he doesn’t have any plans to join Woo Bin and his girl’s dinner. He went back to his car and revved up the engine. He looked at the side mirror first, he was about to step on the pedal when he saw a familiar figure entering the restaurant. His car was parked at the right side of the restaurant’s entrance but he could clearly see through the glass walls of it – it was his sister.
.
.
.
He stopped and went out of his car. He looked and followed to confirm his suspicions. As he entered the restaurant, the attendant greeted him.
.
.
.
.
.
“Table for two sir?”
.
.
.
“Ah…no.” He said and looked where his sister went to. At last, his questions have been answered when he saw his sister giving his best friend a warm hug before he pulled the seat for her.
.
.
.
.
.
“Oppa, I’m not really sure about this. What if Yi Jung finds out I’m not in school?”
.
.
.
“He just called me, he said he’s heading home. You look gorgeous tonight So Eun.” He smiled at her.
.
.
.
“Thanks…oppa.” She said, it was clearly her first OFFICIAL date, her date with her grandfather wasn’t counted. ^^
.
.
.
“So, shall we take our order?”
.
.
.
.
.
It took fifteen minutes before they started to eat. Yi Jung watched them from a distance. He looked like a spy. He handed the waiter a few crispy bills to shut his mouth up from asking him what he’ll order.
.
.
.
.
.
He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed So Eun’s number.
.
.
.
.
.
“Oppa…it’s Jungee. I’ll just go to the ladies’ room okay?”
.
.
.
.
.
“Sure.” Woo Bin said. He was also tensed about this dinner but still thought positively.
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung finally drew himself together and decided to go to where his best friend and his sister were sitting.
.
.
.
.
.
“Woo Bin, what a surprise to see you here alone…well, I guess not alone.” He said when he spotted the purse on the other side of the table.
.
.
.
.
.
“Yi Jung-ah, what a coincidence…” He said and slowly seized his phone in his pocket.
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung smirked, he knew that his best friend will inform his sister that this whole dinner is all cooked up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In the ladies’ room…
.
.
.
.
.
“Hmmm…wonder why he ended the call. Well then, good thing though.” She said and received a message.
.
.
.
.
.
Stay there. We’re dead meat. Your brother is here. I guess you should head home first.
.
.
.
.
.
So Eun could feel beads of sweat forming in her temple while her heart was pounding loudly. She replied…
.
.
.
.
.
I think I should go first, I’ll just get my purse tomorrow in school. Sorry… drive safely.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was 11PM when Yi Jung arrived home and saw So Eun asleep on the sofa with the TV on and the remote control on her left hand. He didn’t wake her up and turned off the television immediately then went upstairs. So Eun woke up when she realized the absence of the television’s resonance.
.
.
.
“Jungee…you’re home. Where have you been?” She said as she followed him in the staircase.
.
.
.
“I met Woo Bin, we had a drink. Unfortunately for him, his date left him without further notice.”
.
.
.
“Ehh…really?”
.
.
.
“How was your practice?”
.
.
.
“It was fine, we really had fun practicing the play.”
.
.
.
Yi Jung didn’t answer her anymore instead he headed to his room without another word.
.
.
.
.
.
“Really?” He questioned her as he took off his shoes.
.
.
.
“Ahh…yes, why?”
.
.
.
“You forgot this…” and he took something from his pocket. He handed her the black purse.
.
.
.
“Oppa…”
.
.
.
“You lied to me Eunnie.”
.
.
.
“But…”
.
.
.
“You lied to me twice.”
.
.
.
“Twice?”
.
.
.
“He’s the one who gave you that necklace right? The one you’re texting around 2 o’clock in the morning.”
.
.
.
“Sorry Jungee…I didn’t mean to hide this from you. I wanted to tell you but…”
.
.
.
“You could have just told me earlier.”
.
.
.
“Sorry…”
.
.
.
“Goodnight.”
.
“But…”
.
.
.
“I’m not discussing this tonight. Go to sleep, and give me your phone.”
.
.
.
“Oppa…”
.
.
.
“I am trying to be nice to you Eunnie even after what you did…”
.
.
.
.
.
So Eun handed him her phone and wearily left his room.
.
.
.
.
.
She again, took the picture of her father in her secret box.
.
.
.
.
.
“Appa, I lied to Yi Jung… I really didn’t mean to. It’s just that… I felt like this matter is between me and Woo Bin oppa…and I sort of…want some privacy on my personal life, it’s not that I don’t want to get Jungee involved in my life anymore…No! I don’t mean that…it’s just that…aissh, I feel sorry appa…but he won’t listen to me. What do you think? I think I should give him more time…I really am very sorry appa for disobeying him…”
.
.
.
.
.
She said and cried.
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung looked at the cell phone placed on top of his table. He was tempted to scan and open the 9 messages that arrived consecutively. He then remembered his encounter with his best friend earlier that night…
.
.
.
.
.
FLASHBACK:
.
.
.
“Yi Jung-ah, what a coincidence…” Woo Bin said as he seized his phone from his pocket.
.
.
.
Yi Jung smirked, he knew that his best friend will inform his sister that this whole dinner is all cooked up.
.
.
.
.
.
“No need to tell her Woo Bin, it’s too late.”
.
.
.
“Yi Jung-ah…”
.
.
.
“So, you’re having dinner with “some chic” in this fancy restaurant huh? Fancy…I just want to tell you this since you’re my best friend, do not cross the line. You know what I mean. My sister is not like the other girls we go out with Woo Bin. Cross the limit and I’ll break that line between us. I’ll pretend this never happened.” He said and walked out.
.
.
.
.
.
After a few steps away from his speechless friend, he came back.
.
.
.
.

“I believe this belongs to my sister? I should return it to her. Take care.” He said sternly.
.
.
.
.
.
END OF FLASHBACK.
.
.
.
.
.
He opened the messages and expectedly, the 3 of it was from Jan Di and the rest was from Woo Bin.
.
.
.
.
.
I’m sorry I brought you to this problem. Please tell me what happened.
.
.
.
I know this is my entire fault. I should have thought of the consequences before doing this.
.
.
.
So Eun…are you mad at me?
.
.
.
.
.
And he decided not to read all the messages for those three messages were enough to break his heart. Not because he’s jealous…but because…well, yes, could be…he’s jealous. He was afraid that Woo Bin would take his place in So Eun’s heart. So Eun never tells her secret to anyone except him, when she’s happy, when she’s sad…when she’s angry, it was always him. And now, his best friend enters the scene…and what hurts the most is that his sister failed to inform him or even mention a thing about them. She lied to him just for Woo Bin. What relationship do they have? Yi Jung was troubled and couldn’t sleep. He got up and saw his sister gazing at the photos one by one while trying to wipe her flowing tears.
.
.
.
.
.
Meanwhile in So Eun’s room…
.
.
.
.
.
“I just can’t stand him appa… I really want to say sorry.” She said then she realized the camera settled in the four corners of her room. Actually, there were eight cameras inside her enormous room.
.
.
.
She looked at the one nearest to her and saw that it was functioning when she saw the red light at the top of its lens. Then she looked at the rest of the cameras to check if they were all functioning. Yi Jung curiously watched his sister pacing back and forth. Then So Eun finally sat on the floor.
.
.
.
.
.
“Oppa…I know you’re watching me now. I don’t know where you hid the microphone but I’m hoping you could hear me.”
.
.
.
.
.
“Now what is she talking about?” Yi Jung said and the microphone.
.
.
.
.
.
“Oppa, I know you’re upset…no, mad about what had happened. And I know you’re a jealous guy oppa, but I just want you to know that no matter how many guys I go out with….”
.
.
.
“Me? A jealous guy? And what do you mean how many guys? You think I’ll allow that?” He commented on her statement. (A/N: He's not a jealous guy huh? ^^)
.
.
.
“No matter how many guys I go out with….no one will ever replace you in my heart. You belong with me Jungee, no matter what I do, and no matter where I go, you’ll always be with me. I’m sorry…I’m sorry I lied, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you and I know you’re watching now and maybe you’re laughing ‘cause your sister looks like an idiot talking to cameras but please forgive me and please give Woo Bin a chance…”
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung on the other room, felt like he was too harsh on his sister. He was selfish to be exact.
.
.
.
.
.
“If you accept my apology, turn the camera in front of me sideways.” She said.
.
.
.
.
.
He was contemplating on her words and was thinking if he should give her…well THEM a chance.
.
.
.
.
.
So Eun hopefully stared at the camera in front of her… hoping it would swing sideways. She waited for about 3 minutes but still it didn’t move. She was about to stand up when she saw the camera switched to the left once…
.
.
.
.
.
“Did you just move?” She asked the “camera”. T_T What a question Eunnie.
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung smiled at his sister’s foolishness.
.
.
.
.
.
“Please move one more time…please.” So Eun crossed her fingers as she continued talking to the camera. T_T
.
.
.
.
.
Yi Jung finally managed to let go of his distress, he just wants to make his sister happy so yeah, there he goes, switched the cameras sideways, upwards, downwards and saw his sister jumping for joy.
.
.
.
.
.
“You’re still such a baby…” he uttered.
.
.
.
.
.
“Thank you oppa. I love you!” So Eun threw him flying kiss and jumped in her bed.
.
.
.
.
.
“And I…love you too Eunnie.” He said to himself.

.
=====
comment!
.
Yi Jung gives way on the next chappie!