Double Surprise

You Belong With Me

 

“You see, my si…step sister and I actually…” Yi Jung said and he looked at Eunnie, his eyes glittering with happiness.

 

Before he could continue, his phone rang…

 

“Excuse me everyone…” he smiled. Then he answered it.  Nodded twice, smiled at Eunnie. End.

 

Eunnie was eyeing Yi Jung trying to figure out what he’s planning to say. Will he say they’re officially together now and make the frontpage for tomorrow’s paper with the headline a SO impossible love affair? (the SO I’m referring to..is their family name. ^^)

 

Every single person inside the room knows they are related to each other…okay, they’re siblings. They also know that Eunnie is not a real SO. But it would still make a big issue…right? Not to mention, Aunt Minji and Uncle Hyun bashing Eunnie claiming her to be a golddigger in the first place.

 

“Jungee…what are you trying to say?” Eunnie questioned him.

“Surprise.” He just smiled.

 

“As you see…my step sister and I grew up together, of course you know that…I just want to tell everyone, I love her dearly and I dedicate this next item to her.”

 

Then the crowd turned their attention to a one-of-a-kind masterpiece revealed with a spotlight at the very center of the room. It was a glass sculpted woman.

 

“I’m sorry, but as you all know, I’m a potter and not a sculptor…but with such inspiration, I never thought it would be like this. I don’t mean to brag about it but I dedicate this work to the one and only girl of my life. My sister of course…So Eun.” And everybody clapped their hands.

Eunnie could almost feel her eyes tearing up, it’s more than beautiful. It’s perfect. It’s wonderfully made, anyone could tell it’s completely priceless.

 

“I’d give 500 million won for that.” A bidder said and others started to name their price as well.

 

Yi Jung smirked. “I’m sorry but…this item is not included in the auction tonight. It was just delivered today and I’m planning to display it in the museum for a few days and then Eunnie will decide after that.”

 

Then Yi Jung dropped his mouth open when he realized who the bidder was.

 

It was his grandfather.

 

“Harabeoji…I’m surprised.” He uttered. Eunnie stood up as well.

 

Everyone looked at the elderly man who seemed to have a company in his arms. In his left side is a young lady…

 

“My…my this boy. Aren’t you happy for your grandfather??”

 

Eunnie went to her grandfather quickly and gave him a hug.

 

“Harabeoji, I’m so happy to see you. Come..” she offered her hand and smiled at the young lady as well.

 

“Ahhh Eunnie…you never fail to make me happy child. How’s the auction going?” He asked as he took Eunnie’s hand and the three of them went to where Yi Jung was standing.

 

 

“The girl is pretty, but I have a bad feeling about this.” Ji Hoo reacted.

“Isn’t she too old to be their new grandmother?” Mi Young said and they chuckled.

“I just hope his grandfather won’t make any announcements about Yi Jung ma-“ Jan Di said and she was cut by the echo of the microphone.

 

“Ahhh…mic test, hello? Okay…I guess this would be a good opportunity to introduce to you all, the future Mrs. So Yi Jung.” Granpa So blurted in front of many people.

“Harabeoji…” Eunnie and Yi Jung said together.

 

“This is Choi Yoo Sun, daughter of my good friend, Choi Kang San. She would make a lovely bride won’t she Yi Jung-ah?” He winked at his grandson.

 

Grandpa So earned an applause from the people. Yi Jung tried to object before the situation gets worse but Eunnie held his hand tightly.

 

“I don’t think…what you’re thinking now…is the right thing to do Jungee, you don’t want to embarrass grandfather infront of many people don’t you…let’s talk about this at home.” She whispered to him. He calmed down for a moment. Yes, for a moment.

 

The event had ended with praises and thanks from the people and from the So family (Yi Jung, Eunnie and their grandfather.) Their grandfather insisted he will stay for the night.

 

“I guess, the house arrest have really ended.” Jae Kyung said. They realized they can’t stay at Yi Jung and Eunnie’s house anymore now that their grandfather will be staying there for the night.

 

“I guess so, let’s just do it again some other time.” Eunnie said.

“Omo, where will I sleep tonight?” Mi Young asked.

“I guess I’ll see you later. Bye…” Ji Hoo bid and dragged Mi Young towards the exit.

“We’ll be going too Jung-ah, I know you know what to do.” Jun Pyo said and dragged the bewildered Jan Di.

“I’ll call you later Eunnie! Ya, let go of me!” Jan Di called as she was trying to break free off Jun Pyo’s grip.

 

Yi Jung was in deep thoughts when a pat on the shoulder woke him up, it was Woo Bin.

 

“Hey man…” Woo Bin said.

“Hey…” He half smiled.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll know what to do. In the mean time, give it a rest. The girl seems clueless about it. Leave it to Don Juan.” Woo Bin said and left with Jae Kyung.

 

“Eunnie, come with me will you? I miss your cooking.”  Grandpa So said and Eunnie smiled and nodded. She held Yi Jung’s hand and dragged him along.

“Let’s go home Jungee, you need a rest.” She childishly commented. She made him smile a bit.

“Where are you going Yi Jung? Why did you leave Yoo Sun? Go out, have dinner. Leave Eunnie to me, you had her for more than 10 years! Can’t I spend some time alone with my granddaughter? Go now, ahhh Yoo Sun-ni, don’t worry, my grandson won’t bite. Enjoy the night.” Grandpa So said, holding Eunnie and leading her out the hall.

 

Eunnie looked back one last time at Yi Jung who appeared to be too out-of-his-mind to absorb everything that happened tonight. He took one step forward as if he’ll go after her but Eunnie’s reaction was forbidding him to.

 

“Uhhh…excuse me…” the girl shyly tried to catch his attention.

 

Yi Jung looked at her sternly. What’s her role now? Destroy his now-ON-relationship with Eunnie? He is so not going to let her do that.

 

“I ask questions, you answer. No long speeches, answer me straight to the point. Okay?” Yi Jung asked and the girl nodded.

“What is your name and where did you come from?”

“My name is Choi Yoo Sun, I spent all my childhood in-“

“I said, I ask questions, you answer. No long speeches, straight to the point. Can’t you understand?” Yoo Sun nodded again.

“Is Choi Kang San, your father, the one I think he is? The magnate?”

“Well my father not only wor-“

“It’s answerable by Yes or no.” Yi Jung was getting impatient. This girl is just as stubborn as he is.

“Y-yes. Hey why are you so rude to-“

“Who made the arrangement?” Yi Jung asked.

“Excuse me?”

“You’re not deaf right? Do I need to repeat myself?”

“Ya, I told my father I want to marry an artist, I don’t-“

“So…you brought it all up huh? Nice.” Yi Jung smirked and left.

“Ya! Wait for me! Jungee!”

 

Yi Jung stopped walking when he heard her call him. He faced her once again…

 

“Do not…I repeat…do not ever call me that way again. There’s only person who could call me like that.” He warned.

“Geez, who? Your grandfather? I heard that silly little girl…your sister I think…she called you Jungee. Isn’t that a lovely name? Jungee?” She teased.

 

Yi Jung was so full and he can’t take any of this anymore. So he stormed out of the room, out of the lobby, out of the museum. He left her chasing him struggling with her heels.

 

“Ya! Wait for me!” Yoo Sun called out. Yi Jung just won’t listen to her and instead he kept on walking….and…

 

“Aaahh! Ouch…”

 

He stopped and looked back at her… Okay…she twisted her ankle. Good for you, now you can’t chase after me now. Haha. He thought, but then…

 

“Aissshhh… you really owe me bigtime.” He uttered. He helped her.

 

“Serves you right for wearing such high heels…” he scoffed while he carried her.

 

They were in the backseat of the car when Yi Jung received a phonecall…from her.

 

“Eunnie…mianhae, I’m coming home.”

“Jungee…why? Grandpa will be mad at you if you come back without taking her out.” Eunnie said.

“I’m not worried about that, I’m worried that you will be mad at me if I take her out.”  That made Eunnie giggle.

“Well then, I guess I’ll just have to cook for your dinner too… there’s something I want to tell you later.”

“What is it? Can’t you tell me now? I’m dying to hear it.”

“It’s not what you think it is Jungee (laughs)…I gotta go now. I love you.”

“And I-“ beep. Beep. Beep.

 

He smiled to himself, she hang up on him without even hearing him say he loves her too! Well, atleast there’s something he could anticipate for tonight…what would she tell him?

 

“You and your sister are so close…to each other. My brother and I don’t get along really well. He’s so annoying.  You really love each other don’t you?” Yoo Sun commented.

“Yes, and she’s the only girl I’ll ever love.” Yi Jung shot her back, smiling.

“Seriously. What do you mean by that?” She asked confused.

“You really have a problem in understanding don’t you? I love her and there’s no one else. Period. Can you drive faster?” Yi Jung said to the chauffeur leaving Yoo Sun contemplating on every single word he said.