Scolded

You Belong With Me

 

Yi Jung parked his car somewhere outside the mausoleum. He never did dare to call back the number Eunnie just used, he knew she wouldn’t tell. He never thought loving someone whom he had been so close with for the past years can be so frustrating. Frustrated in a way that he can’t just run away from the consequences that may happen. He knows she loves him, but as a what?  As a brother? As a friend? Can’t he be more than that? Or can’t she just love him like him and forget about the strings that attaches both of them together?

 

 

He took steps towards the vault one by one…

 

 

 

“Abeoji, I don’t know why I’m here. I just don’t know whom to talk to, I hope she’s safe. Maybe I scared her away when I told her I love her, but… I just want her to know how I really feel, and I really meant every little thing I said. I’m not trying to play jokes on her.” He said and felt the warmth of nature on his father’s grave.

 

 

 

“…and I’m not trying to play jokes on you either when I said I loved you too…”

 

 

 

He froze when he heard that warm and sweet tone of hers. He took one step back before he turned around to see his sist…I mean his love.

 

 

 

“Eunnie…”

 

 

 

 

“Mianhae. I never meant to scare you.” She said smiling. She was always like this, smiling and warm and very joyful.

 

 

 

“Eunnie…” still can’t find the right words to say.

 

 

 

“What? Are you just going to stand there and stare at me the whole day? Aren’t you going to give me a hug?” she smiled even wider.

 

 

 

Instead of smiling, Yi Jung gave her a glare.

 

 

 

“Don’t you know how worried I was?! You could have just told me everything! I can accept the fact that you can’t love me, that would be much easier than losing you like that! You almost killed me Eunnie.”

 

 

“Oppa, mian, I didn’t mean to…” she’s doing it again, her puppy eyes and irresistable aegyo.  

 

 

 

“Just…don’t do it again.”  He took a step closer, and even before she could react he pulled her into a hug. A possessive hug. A hug that speaks for itself, you’re mine…you belong to me, no one else, but me.

 

 

“Jungee, did Eun Jae noona told you I was here?”  Eunnie asked not breaking from the hug.

 

 

 

“Ani…she told me that if I really love you, I would know where to find you. And that’s where I started to realize that I don’t need my eyes to go and search where you are, I just need to follow my heart where it leads me to.”

 

 

 

“And you realized I went here?”

 

 

 

“Ani…you told me on the phone I could find you where I first found you.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

 

“But this isn’t where you first found me right? How did you figure it out?”

 

 

 

“Because…it wasn’t me who first found you, it was dad, right? So I thought I could ask him… and who would know you better than anybody else in the world?” Yi Jung finally managed to give her a smile.

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry Jungee…I just don’t know what to expect. What they’ll do if they figure it out… Can we just…settle this situation for the moment and give time for each other to…think some….things…ehh…”

 

 

“I’m willing to give you all the time you need Eunnie…I won’t leave you. I’ll wait for you.” He finally said and kissed her temple while her hair.

 

 

 

When they finally broke from the hug…they heard a growl.

 

 

 

“Oppa…I’m really hungry…” Eunnie shyly admitted.

 

 

 

“Silly, why didn’t you say so? Let’s go…”

 

 

 

“Woo Bin…where are you going?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

 

“Somewhere…where I feel I truly belong.” He said and left.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with them…” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Well…you see…Yi Jung is in love with Eunnie.” Mi Young admitted.

 

 

“What???” Jae Kyung, Jan Di and Jun Pyo chorused. Ji Hoo was somehow aware of it already. He did see it coming. (his cards,maybe?)

 

 

“Well…yes, I suppose that was the reason of the heated conversation between Yi Jung and Woo Bin.”

 

 

 

“And Eunnie??? Does she know??” Jan Di asked.

 

 

 

“Well, I think that would be the reason why she ran away…what do you think?” Mi Young answered.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry…she knows what to do.” Ji Hoo said…calmly.

 

 

“Sunbae…do you know about this?” Jan Di.

 

 

 

“I warned her about it. Choose wisely.” He said putting an arm over…

 

 

“Ji Hoo-ah, what are you doing??” Jun Pyo said.

 

 

“Well…you see, Ji Hoo and I are…” Mi Young smiled shyly…

 

 

“We’re together, you get it.” Ji Hoo finished.

 

 

“Hey… you don’t have to be blunt about it!” Mi Young said in her accent.

 

 

“So…he’s your mysterious guy right?” Jan Di asked.

 

 

“Yes…I knew it huh?” Mi Young winked.

 

 

“Oh my…so that leaves me and Woo Bin out of place here…” Jae Kyung joked.

 

 

“Don’t you like Woo Bin?” Mi Young asked.

 

 

“Well…he’s my boss. I work at their company… and he sees me as his punching bag…so i…”

 

 

“You like him don’t you!” Jan Di cut her.

 

 

“Why do you in other people’s business! Shut up!” Jun Pyo said.

 

 

 

“When you left…Woo Bin…” Yi Jung said not looking at her.

 

 

“Yes…he knows already…I told him.”

 

 

“I must have hurt him so much.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Don’t worry…I’ll explain everything to him later…” She smiled.

 

 

“Eunnie… are you happy?” he wondered.

 

 

“Happy? For what?”

 

 

“I mean…with me?”

 

 

“Jungee…I spent almost my entire life with you and you ask me that question?”

 

 

“Just wondering…”

 

 

“But I wonder…how harabeoji will react to it…” So Eun said her fingers trailing the fine texture of the teacup.

 

 

“Don’t worry…it’ll be fine.” Yi Jung cheered her up.

 

 

“Jungee… do you really love me?”

 

 

“More than you ever know Eunnie…” he said smiling, holding her hand.