Reunion

You Belong With Me

 

Yoo Sun went back home (at Yi Jung’s house) to get her stuff. On her way, a seemingly gorgeous young man in purple tux was standing right outside the gate.

 

 

“Excuse me? Do you need something?” Yoo Sun asked.

 

“Why? Do you live here?”

 

“Ahhh…no, but I stay here for the night. The home owners aren’t here. Is there something you like to-“

 

“You look pretty, have we met somewhere?” He asked.

 

“You look familiar too, at the…exhibition. Or..am I mistaken?”

 

“Actually…you’re not. Yes, we met at the exhibit. But I don’t think I’ve introduced myself formally yet, Song Woo Bin my lady, and you are?”

 

“Choi Yoo Sun.” she said and gave him a handshake.

 

“You see, the guy you’re supposed to marry is my best friend…and his sister, Eunnie, was supposed to be my girlfriend.”

 

“And? What’s it got to do with me?” Yoo Sun asked.

 

“If you like, I can give you a-“

 

“Nevermind. Your tactics are a bit…off…I say? Prince Song, don’t you worry, Yi Jung is on his way to find Ga Eul and Grandpa So surely admitted his fault. Hate to say it but… you’re a bit late. Anyways, you’re not a stranger to this house anyway… see ya.” Yoo Sun said and went inside.

 

“Ehhh…” that was all he could say.

 

 

 

At the hospital…

 

 

 

Eun Jae and Il Hyun left after knowing that Grandpa So is now in stable condition. They still have lots of work to do. Grandpa So remained calm while waiting for his grandchild..children…grandchildren. (They’re not children anymore, how about grandteens? T_T)

 

 

Eunnie was hesitant to go inside the room. Yi Jung held her hand…

 

 

“Eunnie…baby, you can’t back off now.”

 

“I know…I’m just…scared..” Eunnie said.

 

“Of what?”

 

“Harabeoji…”

 

“He said he’s sorry. Come on…I’m dying to hear your “YES” and “I DO” already. Hurry.” He said and nudged her to enter the room.

 

 

Grandpa So tried to get up at the sound of the door.

 

 

“Yi Jung? Is that you my child?” He asked and saw Eunnie enter the room.

 

“No grandpa, it’s me Eunnie.” She said and slowly walked to her grandpa’s bedside. Grandpa So got up and hugged Eunnie tightly.

 

“Aww Eunnie, I’m so sorry my child. I really am very sorry with what I said. It’s just that I never thought things would turn out like this. I love you so much, my child. Being in love with your brother shocked me but in someways, I’m happy you ended up with each other, at least Eunnie won’t have a problem with your Aunt Minji anymore Yi Jung.” Grandpa So said letting go of So Eun.

 

“What do you mean harabeoji?” Yi Jung asked.

 

“She’ll be a real heiress and a legal So by then, won’t she? So your Aunt Minji and Uncle Hyun won’t have any reasons anymore with what you two are receiving from me. So tell me, when’s the date?”

 

 

“Ehh?” Yi Jung and Eunnie chorused.

 

 

“Aissh these kids. Take me home immediately, I can’t sleep properly in this bed. I need coffee Eunnie, I missed it.” He scoffed.

 

Eunnie and Yi Jung just smiled to each other thinking where they both got their childish traits.

 

 

 

Grandpa So stayed for a week with Eunnie and Yi Jung. The three spent some “family-in-law” time together. Il Hyun came to fetch grandpa So. Yi Jung and Eunnie also accompanied Yoo Sun to the airport.

 

 

“Thanks so much Yoo Sun, it was nice knowing you.” Yi Jung said giving her her bag.

 

“Yeah, nice knowing you two too. I’m going to Japan to meet some friends, hopefully I could meet some rockstars on the way. By the way, your friend…if I’m not mistaken, Song Woo Bin? He tried to use his charms on me, but I outsmarted him first when I realized what he was trying to play at. Although he’s kind of goodlooking, he’s really not my type. See you guys, bye.” She bowed and waved goodbye.

 

 

Yi Jung and Eunnie bid farewell too.  

 

 

“So tell me, where do you want to go?” Yi Jung said when Yoo Sun finally disappeared through the sliding doors.

 

“Surprise me.” Eunnie giggled.

 

“Hmmm, let’s go home first, I want to change.”

 

 

It was a short drive home. Eunnie opened the gate, and closed it after. They happily entered the house when…

 

 

“Ah! When will you ever learn?!”

“It’s not my fault! The egg is too brittle!”

 

 

Eunnie and Yi Jung dropped their mouths at the sight of the….messy, very messy kitchen.

 

 

“Hey man, could you please open the door for me?” Woo Bin said bringing two garbage bags.

 

 

Yi Jung could only nod and opened the door for him.

 

 

“What is this? What’s happening?” Eunnie asked.

 

“Oh nothing, we just heard that your grandfather already left so we immediately moved in.” Jan Di said while sweeping the floor.

 

“Moved in?!” Eunnie repeated.

 

“Yep, I told you, we liked the house arrest idea. Oh come on, just let us stay until your wedding day.” Ji Hoo said.

 

“You’re all here?!” Yi Jung asked.

 

“Ah-ah, Mi Young and Jae Kyung left to buy some stuffs, they’ll be back soon. Sorry bro, it’s not that we intended to break in your house, it’s just that, the back door was never locked since we’re kids, so we really didn’t break in.” Woo Bin said.

 

“Okay…but what’s with the cooking?” Eunnie looked at Jun Pyo.

 

“We’re having a celebration tonight.” Jun Pyo said.

 

“Celebration?” Yi Jung said raising an eyebrow.

 

“Yep, for the two of you. And you missy, come with me. We need to talk. You, no buts.” Woo Bin gave Yi Jung a pat on his shoulder and dragged Eunnie to the living room.

 

 

 

Ji Hoo and Jun Pyo chuckled. Yi Jung understood what Woo Bin was trying to say.

 

 

 

“Hmmm…oppa, I want to say sor-“

 

“That’s not the word I want to hear Eunnie.” Woo Bin said folding his arms.

 

“What should I say then?”

 

“Could you at least thank me for everything I’ve done?” Woo Bin pouted.

 

“Ani…I’m not gonna thank you…yet. I still have one favor to ask of you.” She smiled.

 

“What is it?”

 

“There’s one person…who…liked you for so long, but, according to her, she’s nothing to you but a punching bag, she-“

 

“Muo?! She told you that?! She-“

 

“I’m not yet done! Okay….she looked after you for how many years, and funny…’cause she said she never looked at any other man, the way she looked at you.” She giggled.

 

“And…your favor is?” Woo Bin asked.

 

“Date her, for once. Please? Just once… I’m not doing this for her, I’m doing this for you.”

 

“For me? Why?”

 

“Because… honestly? It feels so good to be with someone who loves you for being you, it feels so good to be with someone who knows you for how long… you’re comfortable with each other right? Like me when I’m with Yi Jung, I’m not worried with how I look, how I smell or how I act, because he just won’t mind…because it’s the real me. What I’m trying to say is… open your heart…to the-“

 

“I get your point Eunnie…thanks. I know you wanted me to be happy.”