Away from each other

You Belong With Me

 

SE’S POV: I knew I had to do this after hearing his confession. I don’t know what to expect. My brother just confessed that he’s in love with me and now what? I just said I love him too…but, still…I’m confused. I have to get my self together, or else, I could be found anywhere in the streets, unconscious. In short, I’m gonna faint! Good thing, the spots are drying up fast…I know I can’t walk around having these, I’m polluting the city! I’m spreading virus everywhere. Anyway…should I knock? Or should I just…come in?

 

 

“Eunnie? Is that you?” a voice called behind her. She was standing in front of a big door of a house.

 

 

 

oh crap, don’t tell me it’s him, hope it’s not, hope it’s not.

 

 

So Eun turned to look at the one calling him.

 

 

 

“Oppa…” Eunnie couldn’t control herself at the sight of him, he’s also her brother, she teared up and hugged him.

 

 

“What’s wrong? And where’s Yi Jung?” Il Hyun patted her back to comfort her.

 

 

 

“Please don’t tell him I’m here…please don’t.” She cried.

 

 

 

“…make sure you call me when you finish everything.”

 

 

 

Eunnie wiped her tears away when she heard that familiar voice entering the scenery.

 

 

“Harabeoji…” she forced herself to smile.

 

 

 

“Good heavens, well it’s my granddaughter! What are you doing here? And where is that stubborn brother of yours? Never thought of visiting me for how many years!” he scoffed.

 

 

 

“Harabeoji, we just visited you few months ago, on my birthday…” she hugged him and made a weak smile.

 

 

 

“Did you really? Well then, let’s go have some lunch. Il Hyun, tell Eun Jae to join us.” And they all went inside the mansion.

 

 

 

Later in the afternoon… Il Hyun and his grandfather played Golf while Eun Jae was making Eunnie tea near the clubhouse.

 

 

 

“I’m sure someone’s worried sick already…” Eun Jae smiled as she poured tea in the teacup.

 

 

“Ne…I know he’s worried by now. I don’t know how I should fe…I mean how I should…well, react to the situation.”

 

 

“You sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

 

 

“I don’t know eonni, it’s really very complicated…”

 

 

“Why? It’s not like Yi Jung’s not good in confessing his feelings towards a girl right? I admit, even ‘till now, I’m still smitten by the way those two So brothers smiles.”

 

 

“Eonni…you know?” Eunnie flashed a confused look.

 

 

“Well, Yi Jung can’t seem to stop talking about it. He keeps on asking for some advices on how I would react if I was his sister and he tells me he loves me…I don’t know maybe I guess, it happened to both of you right?” Eun Jae smiled and gave her the cup.

 

 

“Hmmm…well, since you’re a sister to me…well, of course you really are my sister since you are Jungee’s sister and Il Hyun oppa’s wife…”

 

 

“Get to the point Eunnie..”

 

 

 

“Yes, he did confess to me he likes me…not as a sister, but as a woman…and I think I’m falling for him too which is the reason why I left him to avoid such situation.” She said in one deep breath.

 

 

 

“Breathe honey…it’s not like both of you did something illegal…” Eun Jae calmly said.

 

 

“Mmm..Muo? Muo-yo? What do you mean eonni? Of course it’s illegal…he’s my…”

 

 

“Brother? I don’t want to stress this out Eunnie but I think the situation calls for it. He’s not your real brother. Even if you ask grandpa about it, I’m sure he’d be delighted. Your birth certificate was…well, of course given the name of your real mother and father. Uncle Hyun Sub and grandpa might have pulled a few strings back then making them your legal guardians. Since you’re just a few years younger, if I’m not mistaken two years younger, than Yi Jung… we all considered you member of the So family. You knew that even before right?”

 

 

“Yes I knew that…but eonni, I’m going insane…”

 

 

“Ani…don’t be. I think, you’re not worried of the fact that he’s your brother. I think you’re worried about how will others think because he’s your brother…”

 

“Definitely.” Eunnie sighed.

 

 

 

Later that night, when they were eating dinner. Il Hyun, Eun Jae, Eunnie and their Grandpa.

 

 

“What is that kid thinking? Isn’t he coming over?”

 

 

“Harabeoji, you know he’s quite busy in the museum and in…school too.” Eunnie defended.

 

 

“Well then, I suppose he get married and find a wife soon to help in the business.”

 

 

Eunnie and Eun Jae choked upon hearing their grandfather’s statement.

 

 

 

“Harabeoji, don’t you think Eunnie can help him in the business? Y ou’re not serious about Yi Jung getting married right?”  Eun Jae objected.

 

 

“What do you mean not serious? I am serious! Eunnie can’t handle the museum, I have another plans for her. And before I forgot, Eun Jae, you cook lunch tomorrow, he’s coming.”

 

 

“Who is coming grandpa?” Il Hyun asked.

 

 

“Yi Jung of course…”

 

 

 

Eunnie choked again.

 

 

“Are you okay my dear? Is the food not tasty?”

 

 

“Aniya, I’m okay grandpa. But may I ask you if you told Jungee that I’m here?”

 

 

“Well no, I just said he should meet me tomorrow for a business meeting, not because of family matters. Why child?”

 

 

“Nothing, thanks for the dinner harabeoji, I’ll go to bed now.” Eunnie kissed him and headed upstairs.

 

 

“Is she okay?” her grandfather asked and Eun Jae and Il Hyun just smiled at him.

 

 

The next day…

 

 

 

“Just remember Eunnie…I’ll call you when he leaves, okay?” Eun Jae said.

 

“Thanks eonni, but how about grandpa?”

 

 

“Don’t worry, we’re sisters remember? Now go…” Eun Jae bid.

 

So Eun left the mansion even if she wasn’t sure what Eun Jae was trying to say. We’re sisters remember? I don’t get it, what will she tell harabeoji if he came looking for me?

 

 

 

Prior to that day, Eun Jae and So Eun made a sisterly plan. Eunnie would stay at some place first to spend some quality time alone, (her spots are healing now and almost invisible), while Yi Jung’s in the mansion. And poor Il Hyun got torn between his brother and his wife. To whom will he side with? His brother? Or his wife?

 

 

 

 

“Yobo, you won’t tell him the truth won’t you?” Eun Jae asked.

 

 

“My..my, don’t make me do it honey, I don’t even know why you let Eunnie go. This should be their chance to reconcile things.”

 

 

 

“Exactly, that’s why I let her go.” Eun Jae smiled at him.

 

 

“Come on, tell me what’s happening.” Il Hyun pouted.

 

 

“Even If I didn’t tell you, a real So would know where to find something if they’re looking for something. Aren’t you the type of guys who doesn’t give up easily?” she .

 

 

“And? What does that got to do with Eunnie?”

 

“Well, if Yi Jung really loves her then he’ll find her once he gets the notion of her here.”

 

 

“I still don’t get it dear…” Il Hyun said.

 

 

==================

 

“Yi Jung…Yi Jung, sit down.”

 

 

 

“Uncle Hyun, you’re he…Aunt Minji? What brings you two here?”

 

 

 

 

“Since abeoji told us that he’ll announce something big that could, he thinks, affect the business a little…we decided to attend too.”

 

 

 

“Yes, I’ll announce something big.” Grandfather said entering the room.

 

 

 

“What is it harabeoji?” Yi Jung asked not looking at him.

 

 

 

 

“Yi Jung…you’re getting married.”

 

 

 

Yi Jung’s eyes grew wider in shock and glanced from nowhere to his now-smiling-grandfather.

 

 

 

“Harabeoji, what are you talking about?” He asked in distress.

 

 

 

“Eunnie said you’re always busy in the museum, thought of you having someone to share some time with…”

 

 

“Eunnie? When?” his tone suddenly changed from a dry and lifeless one to a hopeful one.

 

 

“Just last night…when we were having dinner, I kept on telling her why you wouldn’t come for a visit? All you do was work, work and work.”

 

 

“Sure grandfather is a year older ehh? Keeps on forgetting things…” Eun Jae smiled as she and Il Hyun entered the conference room.

 

 

“What do you mean Eun Jae?” Yi Jung asked.

 

 

“Well, I was the one who told him you were busy in the museum. Harabeoji, you keep on calling me Eunnie, it’s Eun Jae… Eun Jae.” Eun Jae smiled while trying to win Yi Jung’s affirmation.

 

“What are you playing at Eun Jae? Call Eunnie and tell her Yi Jung’s here so they could go home together!”

 

“Eun Jae…is she here?” Yi Jung asked, his eyes questioning Eun Jae’s.

 

“You see, she WAS here…but she left again when she heard you were coming.” Eun Jae finally admitted.

 

Yi Jung rose from his seat a second after Eun Jae’s last words…in short, quickly.

 

“And now we’re talking about that brat? She really is something…”

“Don’t start it Aunt Minji, she did nothing to you.” Yi Jung said.

“Yes, she did nothing, she just took my properties away from me.” Aunt Minji said.

“It was never yours in the first place Minji…it’s hers.” Grandpa said calmly while browsing some papers.

 

Eun Jae could only give him her best smile. It was an assuring smile, Yi Jung thought to himself.

 

“If you really love her, you know where to find her…” Eun Jae told him secretly after everyone had left.