Chapter Eight.

Triptych

    You set the picture back down on the nightstand, your eyes wandering around to see if there were any other peculiar things in Hoseok’s room. As you stood up, you heard Hoseok’s phone going off once more, followed by an angry groan.  You quickly made your way over to the door leaning up against it to try and listen in on the conversation.

“The only reason she’s alive right now is because of that mask--” Hoseok yelled, making it clear that if it weren’t for his mask that you’d be dead. “Listen,” he mumbled, as if he was trying to make a deal with the other person on the line. “If she doesn’t do anything for him, send her back here. And if she screws up again, she’ll go to Taehyung, then maybe back to Seokjin-- No. She is not going to Jungkook.”

You tapped the sides of the mask you wore, contemplating on whether or you should take it off. The air seemed fine in here; your eyes weren’t burning or anything. But, you were out of your thoughts when the talk about ‘Jungkook’ continued.

“Yes, she’s just some random girl who we can’t let go, but we just can’t hand her over to him! Who knows what might happen?”

Silence.

“He’s not like the rest of us, Boss.” So he was talking to the tall dimple man… “He’s not forgiving. He won’t send her back to one of us; he’ll take care of her himself. And you know I don’t mean that in a friendly way.”

There was a long pause, followed by a sigh before he hung up. You could hear footsteps getting closer and closer to the room you were in, and you made a dash for the bed, nearly rolling over it instead of landing on it.

“Oi,” Hoseok mumbled, peering in. He motioned for you to come outside, mask and all. He seemed to be extremely troubled about something--

Hoseok led you outside of his little shop, holding onto your shoulders tightly. 

“You’re going to want to keep that mask. The things this man deals with…” he whispered, a small black car rolling up in front of you.

“... They’ll be worse than what you’ve dealt with here.” 

Without another word you were quickly grabbed, and shoved into the little black car. You looked out the window, rolling it down before the car started to see if Hoseok had any parting words. But, all you saw was the back of his black shirt