Chapter Twenty.

Triptych

You tried kicked and hitting the man who had you in his grasp, but just couldn’t land a good enough hit. It wasn’t working, and you were just wasting your strength. Finally you gave up, whining silently and trying to get someone’s attention, but it was no use.

You were dragged over into a corner, obviously closer to where Hoseok and everyone else had gone. You could hear everything they were saying clearly, and without a doubt.

“Seokjin, get your back over here,” the boss said, sounding extremely irritated. You heard the soft clack of shoes on the ground followed by a small snicker. “Seokjin, I won’t hesitate to kill you here and now.”

“I don’t think you’ll want to do that,” Seokjin said, turning to his former gang, and standing with what you assumed was the enemy. Now you knew why Hoseok told you not to follow. He was going to kill you, if someone else didn’t do that first.

“Did you really think I enjoyed doing this?” Seokjin asked, sighing loudly. “Come on now, I’ve never been as… into… this gang, for lack of a better word.” He sounded rather happy about this.

“Seokjin, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” Taehyung yelled.

“Chill out,” you heard Suga whisper, hitting Taehyung lightly.

“Seokjin, I’m going to kill you.” The boss said once more, this time more enraged than before.

Seokjin tsked, snapping his fingers. Immediately, you were dragged out into the scene, the lights hitting your face abruptly. You squinted, finally getting used to the light and seeing Hoseok standing there, absolutely horrified. Next to Hoseok was Taehyung, and standing behind everybody was Jungkook.

“We all know you have a thing for her,” Seokjin said, stepping over to you.

“Hoseok and Taehyung.”

Hoseok looked at Taehyung, a scowl on his face. Taehyung kept his eyes on you, his face straight. Giving up, Hoseok looked back towards Seokjin, his stomach in knots with each step he took closer to you.

Seokjin brushed the man off of you and your mouth was uncovered. You stood there quivering in fear, keeping your eyes on Hoseok and trying to stay as calm and strong as possible. Seokjin reached into his pocket, pulling out a small black pocket knife, flipping the blade out easily.

“Don’t you dare--” Hoseok yelled, taking a step forward. The knife went to your neck, Seokjin staring at Hoseok and shaking his head.

“You don’t want to see what will happen to her if you step out of line,” he said, moving in front of you and blocking your body from Hoseok and the others.

“What’s this?” Seokjin asked, moving away from you to point to the small rip the dress of your collar. Seokjin covered his mouth, tilting his head as Hoseok. “Really? You couldn’t have found a better way to take it off? Such a shame, it was a pretty dress too.” Another snap and Seokjin’s men stepped forward, aiming their guns and making sure that no one on the other side stepped out of line.

“Well, it’s already ruined,” Seokjin mumbled, moving the knife from your neck, down to the collar of the dress. Looking down at you, he smiled. “You wouldn’t mind if I just finished it off, would you?”

Standing in front of you once more, he blocked your view of Hoseok, and Hoseok’s view of you.

“As much as he wants to see it, I think I’m going to have to deprive him of it. It’s a shame, but that’s what he gets for being so rough with the dress.” He turned around, giving a small smile to Hoseok before turning back to you.

“On second thought,” he said, closing the knife. “I think I’ll just do it by hand.” He put the knife back in his pocket, his hands grabbing at the collar of your dress. You stared at him as he stared at you, a playful glint in his eye.

Slowly, he began to rip the dress in half, the loud sound of fabric ripping filling the room. All while he tore your dress he kept your eyes on you, not caring how far down he went. He looked down after a few seconds-- the dress was ripped just down the the middle of your chest, surprisingly, your s were still covered.

Seokjin stepped away, gesturing to your dress.

“That’s what you wanted to do, right?” he asked. Hoseok said nothing. “I’m sure you also wanted to do this,” Seokjin added, gently grabbing your chin and pressing his lips onto yours. You made no effort to kiss him back, or to even seem like you were hating it. You just stayed still, trying your best to think of happy thoughts.

Seokjin pulled away from you, a small frown on his face as he put his hand back into his pocket.

“What did I say? The whole step out of line thing goes for you too,” he whispered. The little knife was out once more, this time, the point was on your stomach, ready to break your skin at any second.

“Let’s try this again?” he asked, poking you with the knife. As he leaned in for another kiss, you could only hope that Hoseok knew that what you were about to do was because you had a knife to you.

Your stomach sank as soon as you felt the pressure of his lips again. This time, you moved closer to him, keeping your hands at your sides. He pulled away, his lips barely touching yours.

“You don’t keep your arms at your side when you kiss him, do you?” he asked. You shook your head. “Kiss me like you would kiss him.” You bit your lip, nodding in agreeance, not that you had a choice. Shakily, your hands moved up and around his neck, pulling him closer as you pressed your lips onto his once more.

You could tell that he was enjoying this. The hand with the knife was taken away from your stomach; he continued to wrap that hand around your waist the knife’s point now on your back, his other on your back to bring you up and closer to him.

Just as you pulled away, he grabbed your bottom lip with his teeth, gently pulling on it before moving his face a safe distance away from yours. He gave you a smile, letting you go but keeping the knife pointed at you.

“Don’t you wish you were over here with her?” Seokjin asked, moving away from you once more. You could feel the anger radiating off of Hoseok--If stares could kill, Seokjin’s ashes would be burning.

Seokjin waited for response from Hoseok, but got none. Seokjin groaned.

“Why doesn’t anyone listen? Now, she just has to face the consequences.”

Your eyes widened, Hoseok starting to say something as the knife moved from your back, up to your face.

“Shh. You should have said something after I asked. There’s no point in saying anything now.”

Without looking at you, Seokjin placed the knife on your cheek, staring dead at Hoseok as he slowly dragged the knife across your cheek. You closed your eyes, feeling the stinging of the knife as it cut your skin, soon after a small line of blood following. Hoseok’s hands were balled up into fists, fighting back every urge to just fight Seokjin here and now.

“My bad,” Seokjin gasped, turning to you once more. Using his thumb, he swiped the blood away from your cheek, ultimately smearing it instead of helping clean it off. “You would never want to do that kind of stuff to her, would you?” Seokjin asked, turning to Hoseok again. Hoseok shook his head. Nodding happily, Seokjin proceeded.

“But, I bet you would love to do this,” Seokjin said, that horrid knife drifting down to the wide straps of the dress. Your heart was pounding, a frown visible on your face.

“Don’t you dare!” Hoseok yelled.

“Watch me.”

One swift swipe and the strap was cut, the piece of fabric falling, falling, falling. Noticing how far it was going, you moved your hand up to it, trying to hold it in place. Hoseok was infuriated. He began quickly walking towards Seokjin, only to be pulled back by Taehyung, who was screaming at him to stop.

“What did I say!” Seokjin yelled, his voice echoing through the room. Everyone was shocked; no one had ever heard him yell before. “I said if you step out of line, she gets it!” he continued, pointing the knife at your neck now.

“I’ve given you so many fair warnings,” he muttered, a small laugh escaping his lips.

“But it seems like you can’t even follow the simplest of directions!”

Without warning, he cut the other strap. Just like the other side, the fabric fell down. Using both hands, you tried to keep everything up and secure, not wanting to flash the whole gang in front of a psychopath.

“You son of a--”

“Son of a what, Hoseok? Go on, please do. I would just love to cut her up.” Seokjin said, the knife already on your throat. “Do it. Say it. I’ll do it. I’ll slit right here!” he cried, holding you close. “I’ll kill your love right here, right now.”

Hoseok stood there, breathing heavily. Nobody knew what to do.

“That’s what I thought.” Seokjin muttered. His men stood in a closer formation, guns aimed and ready to shoot if need be.

“You,” he said, referencing to you. You looked up at him, tears rolling down your face. He sighed heavily, wiping your tears away. “Why are you holding those up?” he asked, gesturing the knife to the straps that he had cut. You wanted to reply, but you knew that whatever you said would be wrong. You gave him a defeated look, noticing that Hoseok was staring at you.

You let out a soft sigh, letting your hands fall to your sides. They fell just enough to give a good look at what your looked like, without showing everything. You had no clue if it was just because the dress was so tight, or if it was because it was your lucky day, dress wise.

“Hoseok,” Seokjin said, moving away from you. Hoseok looked at Seokjin, seething with hate. “Come over here. You too Taehyung.”

Without exchanging words, they both walked over to Seokjin. Taehyung’s eyes were on Seokjin, Hoseok’s on yours.

“You, do whatever you want with her.” he said, waving Hoseok towards you. “I honestly don’t know what I can do with her anymore. But Taehyung,” he added, waving over one of his men. “I guess you’ll be of more importance.”

Bam

You flinched as you hear the loud echo of a gunshot, your ears ringing afterwards. Looking at Hoseok, you were shocked. In his hand he held probably the smallest gun you’ve seen, still pointed at Seokjin, who was smiling and laughing.

“Well, that’s just amazing,” Seokjin cheered, one of his men running over to lead him out.

“Why don’t you shoot him again?” Jungkook yelled, pointing to him while guns were still pointed at himself. Seokjin’s men slowly backed away with their leader, a deranged smile on Seokjin’s face as he was slowly pulled away.

All was silent. For minutes, all of you looked at where Seokjin had exited, his laugh still echoing in your minds.

Thankfully, the silence was broken.

“Are you okay?” Hoseok asks, his thumb and rubbing it over the scratch on your cheek. Although it stung, you nodded, in a complete daze. He grabs your shoulders, a worried look on his face as he inspects you from top to bottom, mumbling about how pissed he was.

He held up the straps to your dress, a frown on his face.

“Jungkook--” he called out.

Jungkook came running over, looking at you. “Something wrong?”

“Give her your jacket.”

He didn’t reject or try to fight back. He took off his jacket, helping you put it on before zipping it up and hopping back over to the boss, who was kicking anything and everything. Hoseok adjusted the jacket, making sure that it sat over your shoulders and kept you warm.

He paused for a moment, looking into your eyes, which were locked on the floor.

“Hey,” he whispered, his hand resting on the side of your face. Your eyes slowly focused back onto him, your arms reaching out in front of you. With a saddened face, Hoseok wrapped his arms around you as tight as he could. You hugged him back just as tightly, never wanting to let go. You rested the side of your face on his chest, looking at where Seokjin had made his grand exit, cringing as the laugh came back into your mind.

“Is she gonna be okay?” you heard Taehyung ask. Hoseok’s grip on you lessened, and he looked down at you. You stayed in your position, gripping at Hoseoks shirt. You heard Taehyung let out a breath of air before walking away.

            Hoseok’s hand moved to the back of your neck, his hands messing with your hair as he kissed the top of your head, slowly swaying side to side.

And there came the words that you were dreading to hear since you followed him.

“I told you not to leave.”