Twenty Three

Triptych

You woke up in a panic. Immediately you could feel a pair of small handcuffs keeping you attached to a chair, same with goes for your feet. As you moved about, you noticed that the chair wasn’t moving. Was it set in place; cemented to the floor? You looked around frantically, sadly not being able to see anything.

You moved your legs, or tried to, and felt something on them-- Sweat pants? And were you in a shirt now? Not to mention your hair was all in the bag now, some strands sticking to your forehead. Your breathing got heavy as you tried to find a way to get out, but ultimately failed.

You heard a small knock on the door, flinching back. You recognized that knock. You had only heard it once, but boy was it a knock to remember. You breathing quickened as you prepared yourself for the door to be kicked open. Just as you were thinking he might be nice, you heard the door burst open, slamming on the wall.

You could hear Jungkook’s footsteps getting closer to you, your heart pounding. You could practically imagine him stepping towards you, a menacing look on his face. He would never be able to tell that it was you, and you were terrified just because of that. Why have mercy when you don’t even know who the person is?

Instead of screaming, you tried to calm your breathing, which clearly wasn’t working out for you.

Jungkook had said nothing as you tried to move around, trying to rotate your ankles in the cuffs. You could hear his footsteps; he was making circles around you, eyeing you up and down. You let out a small whine, feeling a tear slip down your cheek. You were going to die and he wasn’t even going to know it was you until he found you weren’t in your room and checked whatever body bag his guys had put you in.

“They really dressed you up good,” he mentioned, tugging on your shirt. Once more he circled around you, kicking the chair and watching you flinch. He let out a small laugh, drawing out the last few ‘hah’s before not saying another word.

“I have no clue how you found this place.” You could feel the bottom of his shoe on your foot, and you tensed up. This boy was absolute madness.

“No one knows about this place except for me and a few others. So how in the world did you find this? Are you lost?” he asked, slowly stepping on your foot. You closed your eyes, trying to not show any signs of pain. You heard him scoff before putting all the pressure he could on your poor little foot.

He got what he wanted; a loud muffled scream from his so called intruder.

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief, taking his foot off of yours.

“As much as I want to take the duct tape off and hear your scream, I can’t.” he stated, finding your chin and grabbing onto it tightly.

“I have an important lady here and I think that your screams would scare her a little too much.”

You tried to kick at him and turn your head away from him, hoping to god that he would realize that that important lady he was talking about was about to be pushed to the brink of death by his hands-- but it was futile. His grip on your chin was killer, and you were strapped down tight. His fingers squeezed your chin, the sensation turning into a dull pain. Noticing that you were trying to kick at him, Jungkook laughed.

“I don’t like doing this.” he mumbled, letting go of your chin. “But honestly, I have no choice.” You let out a muffled ‘Jungkook’, but he couldn’t tell what it was.

Without warning, you felt something hit the side of your face-- Something hard and quick. Your head whipped to the side as you realized what happened; Jungkook had punched you right in the face. You let out a shaky breath, your face heating up as the blood rushed to your cheek.

“You’re a tough cookie, aren’t you?” he asked.

This time you got a er punch right in the stomach. You leaned over, letting out a small yell as he took his fist away. You heard him let out a soft chuckle before clocking you in the head once more. If Jungkook was able to hit this hard for fun, you wondered what his strength was like when he was truly upset. 

Although you couldn’t see anything, you could tell that the world was spinning. Your head slipped up and down as the pain focused on your face, then to your stomach, then to your face again, and all the way down to your feet.

You could feel a strand of hair fall in your face, this time hovering over your nose and threatening to cause even more problems. You tried flipping it back since you couldn’t blow it, but Jungkook took your little motion the wrong way.

“You really want more? Damn you're strong.”

You could hear his footsteps get farther away, and you let out a small muffled scream as you realized what was going to happen. You never thought that you’d have this happen to you, even if you were wearing protective gear-- But yet there you were, slowly losing consciousness after Jungkook roundhouse kicked you in the side of the head.

“Jungkook--” you heard a familiar voice say. You let your head hang forward as you loosely held onto the conversation being had between Jungkook and Jimin.

“Who’s that?” Jimin asked.

Jungkook huffed. “Intruder.”

Jimin sighed, pacing around the room. “I thought _____ would be with you-- she’s not in her room.”

Jungkook shrugged, cracking his knuckles.

“Well I’m a little busy here Jimin. I can’t really help out.”

Just as Jungkook was about to lay another hit on you Jimin grabbed his hand.

“Jungkook.”

“What?”

Jimin pointed down at your feet, his brows furrowing as he stared.

“Yes. Jimin. Feet exist on everyone.”

“No--” Jimin interrupted, taking a step closer to you.

“Oh my god.” Jimin said, lifting up the bag.

You looked up at the two boys, your face covered in blood and bruises. With your eyes half closed, your head bobbed down.

“Jungkook what the !” Jimin yelled as he ripped the duct tape off your face. You looked up at Jungkook, spitting to the side as he took a few steps backwards. He knew that he screwed up. There would be no returning from this.

Jimin grabbed your chin gently, turning your attention from Jungkook to himself. 

“_____, I need you to keep your eyes on me,” he cooed, grabbing his phone out of his pocket. He dialed a number quickly, holding phone up to his ear with his shoulder as he moved your hair out of our face.

“Hoseok-- You need to get over here.”

__________

Hoseok heard his phone vibrating, searching through his pockets to find it. Looking at the caller ID, he was confused. Jimin normally would have texted him, seeing how it was less distracting to text after he was done 'working'.

He hit the answer button, tucking his phone into his shoulder as he listened to Jimin. He focused on the small liquid he was pouring, nodding as Jimin explained the situation. He couldn’t say much-- He had his mask on and it would be impossible to hear him mumbling through it.

“And they thought she was an intruder.”

He frowned, keeping his eyes on the little eye dropper

“And… oh god.” Jimin said, a loud crash being heard in the background. “Jungkook beat the out of her.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened, his fingers squeezing the eyedropper all the way, the liquid coming out in a stream rather than the careful drop. Hoseok dropped his phone, jumping out of his chair in an attempt to escape the area and his table’s inevitable explosion, but he couldn’t make it in time.

__________

Jimin threw his phone on the ground, rubbing his eyes and mumbling under his breath as he took his hand away from your chin. 

“What did he say?” Jungkook yelled, kicking a small can.

“He didn’t say anything.” Jimin mumbled, not looking up at you.

“Why not?!”

“Because something blew up!”

Your head immediately popped up upon hearing that, a small huff escaping your lips. Jimin looked up at you, muttering once more before looking over at Jungkook.

“He’s ed.”

Jungkook let out a small yell, throwing himself on the ground like a child having a tantrum.

“I’ll be right back, I’m gonna go get something for,” Jimin looked over at you, shaking his head before walking out of the room. Now it was just you and Jungkook again. This time, though, you were unveiled.

Jungkook wouldn’t look at you. You stared at him, glaring daggers as he huffed. He began muttering to himself, lightly hitting his head on the wall as he let out noises that sounded like little sobs. He was either feeling regretful for hurting you, or was dreading the wrath of Hoseok.

Hoseok. If he even made it out of whatever explosion alive. You turned away from Jungkook, letting out a small sob. Finally the tears from the pain and anguish were coming out, and they just weren’t stopping. You wanted to rub your eyes and be a big girl, but your hands were still cuffed behind you.

Your heart skipped a beat when you heard the loud crash of a door, Jungkook’s head raising and turning in the direction of the sound. Loud footsteps were heard through the halls, many men letting out small yells. But one yell came out the clearest, and you nearly died when you heard it.

“What the hell is Hoseok doing here?!”

You heard someone being slammed into a door, the heavy footsteps getting closer and closer.

Finally another body popped into the room, huffing and fuming with rage. You looked up to see who it was, nearly crying at the sight of him.

There stood Hoseok, his mask still on as he looked around the room. His shirt had holes in it, which seemed to be caused by fire, and there were small first degree burns on his face as well as small little cuts. His hands were bruised, one or two fingers looking broken.

Hoseok surveyed the room, locking eyes with you for a moment before quickly moving them to who he was really here for. Huddled up in the corner was Jungkook, staring up and Hoseok with a face of terror.

Hoseok cracked his neck, adjusting his mask before walking over to Jungkook, looming over him.

“Hoseok-- I didn’t know--” Jungkook pleaded, sounding as pathetic as ever. He tried to back himself into the corner more, but he was as far back as he was going to get.

“You think I care?” Hoseok asked, his voice raspy and damaged. Leaning forward, Hoseok glared at Jungkook. “I don’t.” Bringing his foot up, Hoseok gave Jungkook a swift kick to the side of the head. The impact of his foot ended up putting Jungkook’s head on the wall, two times the damage. Needless to say that Jungkook was K.O.

Jimin came running back in and froze in his steps as he saw a demonic looking Hoseok hovering over Jungkook in the corner of the room.

As is Hoseok sensed Jimin’s presence, he quickly walked over to Jimin, grabbing his neck and slamming his head on the wall before letting Jimin fall onto the floor, first aid kit and all. Hoseok stood there, looking down at Jimin for what seemed like 5 minutes before picking up the small first aid kit and turning to you.

He set the kit by your chair, going back over to Jungkook and rummaging through his pockets, finding a small key hidden in his jacket. Returning to you, Hoseok unlocked the handcuffs around your hands and ankles, you letting out a sigh. You put your arms into your lap, taking a good look at them. It seemed like it was only your arms and legs that hadn’t been harmed.

You looked at Hoseok who was now kneeling in front of you, hunting for something in the kit. He glanced up at you, the many little wounds on his face more visible now that he was close up. There would definitely be some scarring, whether it be from the burns or the small lacerations from whatever he was making.

He pulled out a roll of gauze, opening up a small container. You recognized the smell, cringing as you thought of the pain to come, although you weren’t sure if you had any ‘cuts’. He poured the alcohol onto the gauze, frowning. Every little scratch and bump revealed itself as he wiped your face, avoiding your eyes and lips.

You tapped your foot on the floor, squeezing your hands as he finished wiping the blood off your face. He muttered under his breath, lightly pressing his finger on each little bump on your face before aggressively shoving more gauze up your nose to stop the bleeding up there.

Hoseok stood up, taking a quick glance down at his hands, noting that some of his fingers would need some work. Before turning back to you, he took a second to looking at Jimin and Jungkook, seeing if they had moved, which neither of them were capable of doing.

You heard him let out a deep breath, walking over to you. Without saying anything, he picked you up, carrying you like a child; your legs were wrapped around his waist, your chest on his and your arms around his neck as held you up by supporting your .

Just like that, the two of you were off. With a sigh, you rested your cheek on Hoseok’s shoulder, cringing as you felt him kick one of Jimin’s legs out of the way. He stepped over another motionless body, more than likely the one of the few he had taken down before getting to you.

As the two of you exited the building, the small thought of Jimin and Jungkook’s health lingered in the back of your head.

_____

The walk was long. You had no clue how long Hoseok had been carrying you-- All you knew was that it was enough time to see the sun go from out and bright to slowly setting. You watched the ground as Hoseok walked, practically feeling his tiredness through his steps.

After what had seemed like hours, you were able to spot a familiar road. Surely you were almost to Hoseok’s little abode, and your thoughts were affirmed when you heard Hoseok let out a grateful sigh. Continuing onward at a much quicker pace, Hoseok walked.

Finally you could hear him pulling out a set of keys, unlocking the door and stepping in, leaning back to make sure that you didn’t slip down and off of him. Closing the door behind him, he slipped the keys back into his pocket, walking to his room.

As he walked, you caught a glimpse of his little work station, a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach. Small ashes were on the floor, clear little swipe looking marks in ashes. You swore that one looked like a cheek print, but you didn’t want to think any further. On the desk, well, everything was ruined. There was broken glass scattered along the table, little drops of blood everywhere the eye could see.

Hoseok opened the door to his bedroom, quickly and gently setting you on the bed. He turned for the door, taking his mask off and standing there for a few seconds. You kept your eyes on him, leaning forward after hearing something you had never heard from him. Scooting to the headboard, you leaned back and watched.

“Hoseok?”

You saw him lift a hand to his face, letting out an ugly breath of air. His head hung low as he put an arm on the door frame, covering his eyes.

“Hoseok what’s wrong?” you asked, too afraid to get up.

Hoseok turned around, still covering his face as he walked over to you, choking out words you couldn’t quite understand. Carefully sitting on the bed next to you, he grabbed your hands, revealing his face to you, and you shocked.

There were small tears streaming down his cheeks as he kept grabbing at your hands. Your face softened as he let out a small sob.

“I’m so sorry--” he choked out, hanging his head down once more. A few more sobs were emitted, followed by a deep breath. You cupped his cheeks, feeling absolutely helpless as he cried out more apologies.

“It’s all my fault, I shouldn’t have let you leave,” he stammered, looking up at you. You wiped the tears off his face, minding the little scratches here and there.

Gently putting his hand on your jaw, he placed a soft kiss on one of the small bumps on your face. Before you could ask what he was doing, another kiss was given, this time on a bruise on your forehead. One by one, he kissed each and every bruise, cut, or bump on your face.

Finally somewhat calmed down, Hoseok looked you in the eyes. He looked pained-- Like he had made one of the biggest mistakes in his life and he was reliving it over and over again. He looked you up and down, giving a small peck to every bruise he saw, every cut visible, until there was nothing left.

Hoseok’s eyes were locked onto yours once more. As you looked at him, you noticed his eyes darting to your lips and then back up to your eyes, your faces slowly getting closer. Your hands moved from his cheeks to his shoulders, you head tilting as you pressed your lips onto his.

Moments later he had pulled away, you looking down as soon as your lips were apart. Using two fingers, he lifted your chin up, placing one more tender kiss on your lips before carefully bringing you into a hug.

The hug was firm, but you felt that he held you with extreme caution; like you would break at any second.

You wrapped your arms around him, nuzzling your face in the crook of his neck and letting out a heavy sigh.

“I’m so sorry.”