Chapter Sixteen.

Triptych

After a few minutes of standing outside and taking in the fresher air, you decided that now would be a good time to go back inside and have him lie down. You began leading him to the building once more, stopping to pick up his mask and put it on his face before heading in. Like he said, you’d have to get used to the fumes sometime, and right now he needed it more.

 

By this time, your back was aching. But, you weren’t going to let that get in the way of taking care of him. Inside you went, and you shut the door behind you, making sure that it was locked before leading him into his room and making him lie down.

 

You stood in the doorway, just watching as he huffed and rubbed at his eyes, adjusting his mask as if it was attached to an oxygen tank. You felt horrible. Maybe all of this was your fault. If he had the mask when he was working, he’d be fine. But instead, you had to whine and take the mask from him.

 

You stepped into the room, closing the door behind you, and sat on the bed next to him.

 

You were going to say something, but decided not to. Sitting there for a few minutes, you came up with a little idea. One might find it a little weird, but you figured it wouldn’t hurt your back, it wouldn’t hurt him too much, and if anything, it would calm both of you down.

 

You carefully moved a little closer to him, not making any eye contact as you did. You felt extremely awkward as you did this, but you kept in mind that the doors were locked, no one would be able to get in, and it would be like bonding-- or that’s what you told yourself.

 

Inch by inch you moved, and soon enough you were straddling Hoseok, and he was looking at you were like you were insane.

 

“Don’t give me that look, just.. Shut up.” you said, looking away. You let out a small huff, lying down on him as carefully as you could. Your legs were to the sides of his, your head on his chest, and your arms at your sides.

 

You lay there quietly, just trying to calm yourself down after all the happenings. After a few minutes of silence, you felt one of Hoseok’s hands rest on your head, rustling your hair around before moving it to your side and leaving it there.

 

With a content sigh, you looked up at him. His eyes were closed, his breathing less sporadic, but still forced. You were going to stay up as late as you could, making sure that he kept on living. Although it wouldn’t be too hard seeing as you could just hold your hand up to his neck and take a quick pulse.

 

But that doesn’t mean that you’d be worried all night.

 

_____

 

You had no clue how late it was, or how early it was. It had been a long night; you were constantly stressing out about Hoseok, constantly concentrating on him. As soon as your eyes were shut, you woke yourself up with the thought of waking up and him being gone. Nevertheless, you were extremely tired.

 

Seconds went by, you counting in your head the minutes that had gone by. You were anxious for the sun to rise, whenever that was, so that you could wake Hoseok and go to sleep yourself. Your eyes closed once more, and you quickly opened them up once more. There was no way you were going to be able to stay up and look after him like this. You were too comfy, too content.

 

You carefully rolled off of him and off the bed, slowly standing up. You kept your eyes on him the whole time. Pacing back and forth around the room, you tapped your face to try to wake you up further, but the action ultimately failed.

 

You stepped out of the room, leaving the door cracked open so that you could hear if anything happened. You needed to see what it was like outside; you wanted to wake Hoseok up as soon as possible.

 

Quietly, you unlocked the front door, peering outside. The sun was just now rising, thank goodness. With a sigh of relief, you closed the door and relocked it. You had to fight back the urge to just like down the wall and fall asleep.

 

You went back into Hoseok’s room, turning on the light as you stepped in.

 

“Hoseok, it’s time to get up,” you yelled, sighing tiredly.

 

“Rise and shine, Hoseok.”

 

Hoseok woke up slowly, sitting up and messing with hair before looking at you.

 

“You look exhausted,” he mumbled, his eyes still half closed.

 

“I stayed up all night,” you said, leaning against the wall. “You were freaking me out the whole time.”

 

Hoseok sighed, taking the mask off and setting it on the small nightstand.

 

“I’m sorry,”

 

You waved over in his direction, nodding it off like it was nothing.

 

“It’s fine, I would have felt really bad if you died while I was lying on you!” you said, laughing a little.

 

Hoseok chuckled, that beautiful smile of his coming back out. This time he didn’t try to hide it, and actually looked at you, nodding in agreeance.

 

Just as he was about to say something, there was  a knock at the door. You looked over in the direction of the door, pointing to it hesitantly. Hoseok got out of the bed, slowly making his way over to the door. He opened it up and stepped out, closing the door behind him.

 

A few seconds later he came back in, a frown on his face.

 

“Taehyung’s here to pick you up-- I guess you’re going with him now.” he said, looking at you. You looked back up at him, a sad look on your face.

 

“Well--”

 

Hoseok embraced you in a tight hug before you could say anything, shocking you a little bit. For someone who seemed intimidating and played with explosives, he had such a big heart.

 

“Don’t let him do anything weird.”

 

Without any more words, he shoved you out the door. There stood Taehyung, a rectangular smile on his face. He grabbed your hand, intertwining it with his before dragging you over to the same car he had arrived in yesterday.

 

“Come on, _____!” he cheered, opening the door for you and practically pushing you in.

 

He jumped into the driver’s seat, looking back at you with that same bright smile still on his face.


“Are you ready for Taetae?”