Chapter Thirty Five

Triptych

Taehyung’s grip on your arm remained powerful and secure as he dragged you inside, shoving you to the small couches in the center of the room. You rubbed at your arm, noticing the red print his hand left on your arm. Letting out a scared sigh you stared down at your feet, waiting for Taehyung to say or do something.

Taehyung took a seat on the couch across from you, his elbows on his knees as he glared at you. He let out a hefty sigh, cracking his knuckles as his eyes wandered over your body. Swiftly, he grabbed your chin, facing your head to look at his.

“Why the would you do that?” he asked, a slight whine in his voice. He let go of your chin, letting out another sigh as he turned his head to the side. Taehyung looked back at you, grabbed your wrist and giving it a small flick, giving you a look of utter displeasure as you moved your wrist back into your lap.

“Do you know how worried I was? You just walked out of here, didn’t tell anyone, and come back this late?”

You were confused now. You had expected yelling, throwing things, even him lashing out at you- but instead you got scoldings as if you were a child. Taehyung nudged your leg, asking for an answer as you just stared at him.

“Can you even hear me? Do you need your ears checked?”

Taehyung leaned closer to you, enunciating every word he spoke-

“What were you thinking?”

You looked down at your feet, twirling your thumbs around as Taehyung groaned loudly. He rubbed at his eyes, pulling out his phone.

“I told all the others that I’d go out to find you when they left to go take Hoseok to wherever,” he mentioned, waving his hand around. “They’re probably gonna beat some sense into him, and then do the same with me. They didn’t trust me here with you, you know.”

You looked up at him, giving him that sassy look of ‘Well no duh’.

Taehyung stood up, holding out his hands to you. You took them apprehensively, Taehyung pulling you closer to him as soon as you were on your feet. His arms were around you in a matter of seconds, leaving you at a loss. But, nevertheless, you returned the hug (much less tight than Taehyung, though).

“I’m sorry about what I did. But those guys were my brothers, and I still don’t know you all too well.” Taehyung mumbled. He pulled you out of the hug, his hands on your shoulders as he gave you a kind smile.

“Maybe we should change that a little?”

For goodness only knows how long after that, you had been talking to Taehyung about yourself, comparing the schools you went to as well as the people you were when you were younger. You would see him try to hold back a smile as you went on about the different phases you went through, Taehyung nearly losing it at one of your most hated phases.

Through the small chat he found various things for the two of you to snack on- thank goodness you didn’t eat all of your ice cream. You didn’t know how he would react knowing that someone - especially Jaebum - had taken you out to get ice cream in the time you were ‘missing’. 

Taehyung moved to the fridge as you went on about your family, grabbing a small fruit tray and setting in between the two of you. He opened it up quietly, his eyes darting from you, to the fruit, and back to you. As soon as the tray was open he began picking at the fruit, a small smile on his face as he found a strawberry.

Tossing the small strawberry into his mouth, he pointed at you.

“I would have never seen you as that type of person,” Taehyung said, leaning back in his seat. “You just don’t really strike me as ever having that kind of phase.” Raising both of his hands in the air, he closed his eyes.

“But you wouldn’t guess that I used to be into-”

Just as he was about to spill the beans on his weird phase, there was a knock at the door. Taehyung excused himself, directing you to stay where you were. He moved to the kitchen as the pounds on the door continued, Taehyung grabbing a small handgun before running back to the door.

With the gun held up Taehyung swung the door open, a familiar voice being heard.

“Jesus, Taehyung! Put the gun down!”

There was a small click heard as Taehyung laugh, stuffing the barrel of the gun into the side of his pants as he let Jungkook in. You looked over your shoulder and found the whole crew walking in; Jungkook dragging a more than pissed off Hoseok up the steps, Jimin somewhat clinging onto Suga as Suga explained what went on to Taehyung.

You stood up and walked to Taehyung, standing behind him and listening in on the conversation.

“It was really bad,” Suga said with a laugh. “He was all pissy and whiny- The only way we could really get him to cooperate was by promising that you would be next.”

Taehyung let out a groan, staring at Jungkook as he came back down the steps.

“Why’d you have to get me involved?” Taehyung asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

Jungkook shrugged, a small smirk on his face.

“I do my job, Taehyung. And that’s getting people to comply- and I did, under a small condition. Don’t worry, though. We’ll have fun. And maybe _____ can join for a demonstration on what I do?” With a small wink to you Jungkook threw himself onto the couch, letting out a content sigh.

Suga and Jimin took a seat across from Jungkook, Suga swinging his legs over Jimin’s lap- Jimin almost instantly shoved them back off with a laugh. Suga his teeth, muttering something about Jimin being ‘rude’ before crossing his legs and looking over at you.

“You gonna join us?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

You nodded your head, quickly moving away from Taehyung and joining the others.

Just as you were about to take a seat with Jungkook, his phone rang. Jungkook gave you a small smile, answering his phone quickly. He seemed appalled at some of the words being said, taking his phone away from his ear and putting it on speaker.

“Can all of you hear me?”

Namjoon was yelling once more.

“Hoseok isn’t here, you know. He’s up in his room.” Taehyung mentioned.

“I don’t give three s, get him down here.”

Taken aback, Taehyung called Hoseok down. Taking a seat by you, Taehyung sighed. He slung his arm over your shoulder, Hoseok quickly running down the steps. He took a seat between Suga and Jimin, crossing his legs as Taehyung announced that they were all here.

“I’m going to text Jungkook an address, and you all need to come. I don’t care if you’re already doing something, I need all of your asses in my sight.”

Without another word Namjoon hung up, Jungkook and the others left speechless.

“Well, let’s not sit around, gentlemen.” Suga said. “And lady.” You gave him a quaint smile, standing up and beginning the search for your shoes. Hoseok found them before you did, tossing them to you with his eyebrows raised.

You quickly put them on with a smile, but something was off. Realizing what it was you ran over to Taehyung, informing him of the situation. He laughed at your problem, redirecting you to his room.

You ran up the steps, holding you skirt close to your legs as you entered Taehyung’s room. In the closet was your suitcase filled with clothes and assorted items you had picked up from your apartment.

“Underwear…” you mumbled, letting out a happy sigh upon finding one of your favorites. You slipped them on and came running down the steps once more, quickly following Jimin out the door.

Two different cars were pulled up into the lot, the boys separating themselves accordingly. Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook in one car, Suga, Hoseok, and you in the other.

You sat yourself next to Hoseok, Suga taking the role of driving (not really, though. He was just following wherever Taehyung went mindlessly). Just as you were about to scoot away from Hoseok grabbed your hand, giving you that heartwarming smile you had forgotten for so long.

You gave his hand a small squeeze, Hoseok scooting closer to you as Suga the radio.