Chapter Twenty One.

Triptych

You let go of Hoseok, taking a step back and pretending that you didn’t hear what he had said. He didn’t seem to like that all too much, but nevertheless he grabbed your hand and led you out of building, making sure that things were ‘good’ with his boss before exiting.

While the two of you were walking, he stayed silent, his hand still holding yours as the two of you walked, his eyes forward.

“So,” he said, breaking the silence. “What was going through your head when I left?” he asked, keeping his head forward. You looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. You didn’t respond.

Looking down at you, he asked again. “Were you worried?”

Once more you replied, this time rolling your eyes and shaking your head. You already knew that leaving was a bad idea; wasn’t what you had gone through punishment enough? Apparently not.

You could see Hoseok’s building in the distance, the sun beginning to set with each minute that passed. In your mind you were planning what to do when you got there, and that was avoid Hoseok at all costs.

You kept your eyes on Hoseok’s building as he pestered you further, eventually letting go of your hand and straight up ignoring you. He went into his normal, fast paced walk, leaving you in the dust as he made his way back. Once more you rolled your eyes, keeping your pace normal, and not being an about the subject.

Finally, the two of you had made it. Hoseok opened the door, keeping it open for himself and letting it fall closed behind him. Angrily, you followed in after him, slamming the door shut behind you.

“Watch what you slam shut, _____.” he said, glaring at you.

“Why are you being so pissy?” you asked, giving him a small push. He looked down at you, a scowl on your face as you have him another push, repeating your question.

“Because I told you not to go, and what did you do?” he replied, taking an intimidating step closer to you. Standing your ground, you balled your hands into fists.

“I followed you.”

“Exactly! That’s just what I told you not to do! And you know why?” he asked, further, his voice raising. Quickly, he ped the jacket Jungkook had given you, pointing at your dress. “That’s why. I knew that he was going to do something like this if he found you.”

He chuckled.

“I’m surprised he didn’t kill you!”

You gave him a small smile, raising your hand up and smacking him across the face as hard as you could. There was a silence in the room as he felt his cheek, a visible red mark where your hand had met his skin.

Before you could give him another slap, you heard the door open.

“Oh--”

You paused, your hand still raised in the air as you looked back at who was at the door. It was Jungkook with his little black bag, more than likely here to check up on you.

“Sorry, I just came to check on _____, guess this is the wrong time--” he mumbled, taking a step back.

“No, now is fine.” you said, lowering your hand and turning to Jungkook.

“In fact, I’ll just come with you. I don’t even want to be here right now.”

Without another word you went out the door, holding back little tears that threatened to come back.  Before Jungkook followed you, you heard him say something too Hoseok.

“What the hell did you do?”

You heard the door slam shut, Jungkook huffing loudly before catching up with you. You said nothing to him, and he said nothing to you as the two of you walked up to the small SUV waiting to pick Jungkook (and now you) up. You hopped in the car first, Jungkook crawling in after you.

He pointed for you to turn the other way as he closed the car door, the driver slowly stepping on the gas and driving away. He helped you take the jacket off, tossing it onto the floor before opening up his little bag.

“I have no clue what was going on back there,” he said, dumping some rubbing alcohol on a small cloth. He put the cloth on your back, your skin stinging with the contact. “But if you want you can vent to me.”

You said nothing as he cleaned off your back, mumbling under his breath as he felt over each little scratch, making sure that nothing was infected or getting worse. When he was done, he put his hand on your shoulder, your head turning to look at him.

“Do you want to go back?”

You replied back with a firm ‘no’, no explanation needed. Soon after, the car was silent. That was until the driver spoke up.

“Jungkookie--” he whispered, looking back in the rear view mirror. You watched as Jungkook rolled his eyes and leaned forward.

“Yes?”

“You should use a pickup line on her, ease the mood and make her smile!”

“Jimin, just shut up,” he replied, leaning back into his seat.

“Hear me out, Jungkook.”

So, the drivers name was Jimin.

“Use something like this,”

Jimin cleared his throat, now looking at you in the rearview mirror.

“Hey,” he called out, getting your attention. “I just realized this, but you look a lot like my next girlfriend.”

Oh the horror. You shook your head, holding back a small smile on your face. You had overheard that he wanted to get you to smile, so you were now pressed to stay mad. You wouldn’t succumb to smiles so easily, especially after being so silent and ‘rude’ a few minutes ago.

Jimin sighed, making a smooth turn to the left. “So close,” he mumbled, humming to himself. A few seconds later, he began to slow the car down, it soon coming to a stop.

“Hey, do you have a quarter?” he asked, turning around. You got a good look at him, realizing that he was the muscle man you had seen just a day or so ago. You tilted your head to the side.

“What for?”

“Ah, I need to call my mom and tell her I just met the woman of my dreams!”

“Jimin, drive.” Jungkook yelled, clearly irritated.

Jimin hung his head, stepping on the gas once more.

“You’re not going to win her over by being a little piss baby, Jungkook. No one likes a piss baby.”