Chapter Twelve.

Triptych

You had been sitting there in the car for who knew how long. The shock of it all left you feeling paralyzed, feeling like you were helpless. Finally, you snapped out of it. You came back to yourself, and immediately regretted it. 

You could smell burning fuel, and blood. You took a look at your surroundings-- only seeing darkness. As you panicked, you shot your head up, realizing that you haven’t gone blind. You whipped your head around, feeling you body for any injuries. You had nothing major, just a few scratches here and there. 

Breathing out a sigh of relief, you looked to where you were previously laying, seeing someone familiar lying there.

“Oh, god, Suga, we’re okay--” you said, looking around once more. “We gotta get out of here before this whole thing burns!” you exclaimed. But you got no response. Looking back at Suga, you noticed that he hadn’t moved from his previous position.

“Ohh no,” you mumbled.

“Hey, get up. We gotta go.”

No response.

“Get your up! We. Have. To. Go!” you yelled, slapping his arm. Again, no reply. Panic mode. You looked over him, noticing bumps here and there, as well as many little cuts and bruises on his arms. Once more, you looked around for anybody to help, but saw no one.

“For the love of all things good…” you mumbled.

A loud boom erupted from the front of the car, a wave of heat coming over you as you tried to sling Suga’s arm around your shoulder.

“Come on, you loved doing this before--” you yelled as you began to drag him out of the car. Another crash later and you knew that you were on a time limit here. The heels weren’t helping at all; they were getting in the way and getting stuck on things, but you had no time to take them off.

After a few more heave and ho’s Suga was out, but you weren’t. You were fumbling with something that your shoe had toggen stuck on. Your eyes began to water, the fumes from the fuels and engine getting to you as you huffed and tried to pull your put out of the heels. The strap wasn’t cooperating and it seemed like you weren’t going to get out.

After taking a few quick breaths, you knew that you were going to have to pull on your foot as hard as you could. Losing a foot was better than losing your life. In your head, you counted to 3, pulling your leg up as quickly as you could.

No use. Breathing heavily, you looked back at  Suga, who was lying away from the car, unaware of anything that was happening. Looking back at your foot, you turned away and counted to 3 once more, pulling as hard as you could. Hearing the snap of a strap had never sounded so good!

Quickly, you scrambled out of the car minus one heel, grabbing Suga’s arm. Your dress was torn in the front, fabric was hanging off of your shoulder, and your hair was a mess. You imagined yourself looking fierce as you tried your best to drag Suga away from the fiery car, bound to explode. 

You had only gotten a few feet away when you heard crackling. You looked down at Suga, who was still unconscious, and then back to the car. You grit your teeth, lying on top of Suga and turning both of your heads away from the car, covering Suga’s ears with your hands.

A few seconds later there was a loud boom; the car had finally exploded. The rubble had blasted in every direction, hitting your back, legs, arms, etc.

Your ears were ringing as you rolled yourself off of Suga and next to him, looking over him before biting your lip and curling up in a ball. Suga wasn’t harmed more than he was when he was in the car, but your body had definitely taken a toll.

Breathing quickly, you swung your arm over your body and hit Suga’s head as hard as you could with your arm. 

“Wake up you !” you yelled, retracting your arm and now coddling your hand.

You heard groans come from Suga, but ignored them. You were too focused on your own pain to care for him. You heard Suga let out curses and swears as he rolled around on the pavement, not caring that you were slowly fading in and out of reality.

You were rolling around on the ground, feeling every slash and pump inflicted by the ramparts of the car, withering in pain as he went on about how he hurt so much. Finally, when you thought that you had just died and he couldn’t see you, he saw you.

“Oh --” he mumbled, turning you on your back. “ --”

He began rummaging through his pockets, and pulled out a severely cracked iPhone. 

“How the hell does this still work--” he yelled, dialing a certain number.

As he waited for someone to pick up, he looked over you, trying his best to calm you down and keep you awake.

“Oi, I need everyone here now--” he yelled, eagerly waiting for a reply.

“What do you mean where? Just look around for a car on fire and dead people!”