Chapter Nineteen.

Triptych

“Hoseok,” you said, taking a step away from him. He kept his eyes locked on Taehyung, not moving or saying a word, not even blinking as he watched. You tugged on his arm, trying to get his attention.

“Hoseok, there’s nothing we can do right now.” you said, trying to pull him away from the car.  You could tell that he was trying to shake you off, but he just didn’t have the strength, or the heart to do so. He turned his head away from the scene, quickly walking away.

You had to run a little to catch up with him; his legs were long and he was taking seriously long strides.

“Hoseok, slow down--” you said, grabbing onto his arm and trying to keep up with him. Noticing that you were practically jogging to keep up, he walked a little slower. Not once did he look down at you.

You had a tight grip on his arm, resisting the urge to look back and see what was happening with Taehyung. As hard as you tried to fight it, you ended up looking back. But, before you could get a glimpse Hoseok covered your eyes, directing your attention back to the road in front of you.

“It’s going to be a long walk,” he mentioned, looking down at your heels. “You might want to take those off.”

He wasn’t lying.

For over an hour the two of you walked. Hoseok kept a steady pace and you were slowly lagging behind. Your feet hurt whether you had the heels on or not, and this dress was restricting all movement in your chest.

Keeping his pace, Hoseok looked back at you. You were looking at your feet, walking slowly as your feet slapped the pavement, your arches aching and your back killing you. Hoseok sighed, pausing and waiting for you.

You didn’t rush to catch up. You slowly walked over to him, sniffling as you brushed your hair away from your face. You looked at Hoseok, who was kneeling on the ground with his arms out.

“Hop on,” he said bluntly, patting his back. You sighed gratefully, carefully climbing on his back (more like flopping on him and making sure that he caught your legs). You rested your head on his shoulder, loosely wrapping your arms around his neck. He stood up and began walking, not having any sort of struggle.

With each step he took, you could feel yourself getting a little more tired. Your feet hurt like hell, and everything that had happened today had drained all sorts of energy from you.

Hoseok turned his head, catching a glimpse of you. He let go of one of your legs, quickly moving his mask off his face and holding your leg once more.

“We’ll be back at my place soon,” he said, getting a tighter grip on your legs.

All you did was nod.

Not too long later, you felt Hoseok let go of one of your legs to unlock the door to his little home, opening the door and setting you down on the floor before relocking the door. He took the mask off from around his neck, tossing it on his desk before sighing loudly.

You headed over to Hoseok’s room, opening the door and closing your eyes as you stepped in.

You fell onto Hoseok’s bed, absolutely drained from everything that had happened today. Once more you were thinking about why you were into all of this, why it couldn’t have been you to get the bullets, or why the man could have just missed and made things a lot easier. Why you liked kissing Taehyung, but when you first kissed Hoseok it was like magic.

You felt the bed sink in a little, Hoseok lying down next to you and sensing your distress. He grabbed your hand, giving it a small squeeze before rolling closer to you.

You looked over at him, an emotionless tone set on your face. He rested his hand on your cheek, that lovely feeling coming back to you all at once. You smiled a little, adjusting yourself so that you were lying on your side.

Hoseok slowly leaned in, placing a soft kiss on your forehead as you smiled. Seeing you happy must have brightened his day; that smile that you rarely saw was slowly coming back onto his face.

Noticing how you softened up, he placed another kiss on your forehead, then your cheek, then your nose, and then a slow kiss on your lips, searching for some sort of approval before going any further.

You sat up, your face hovering over his, your hands cupping his cheeks as you squished them around, another smile appearing on his face as you did so. As soon as those teeth started to show, you felt a large smile grow on your face.

He placed his hands on your hips, giving you a quick peck on the lips. You returned the favor. He kissed you on the lips again, the cycle just going and going until he decided to make it last a little longer.

After a few seconds, his lips parted from yours, but it didn’t last long. In a matter of seconds he had pulled you in for another kiss, this one more passionate and fervent than the others. Slowly, he sat up, breaking the kiss only once to pull you closer to him. You ended up straddling him, you sitting on his legs and facing him, Hoseok sitting up against the headrest of the wall, a smile on both of your faces.

Your thighs were showing an awful lot, the dress riding up as you sat back, as much as you tried to pull it down and cover up a little more, it just didn’t work.

“Are you comfortable in that?” Hoseok asked, touching the mesh on your dress. You sighed, both playfully and realistically.

“Not really, it’s super constricting, and as you can see,” you said, pointing down to your legs.

Hoseok chuckled, his hands moving to your hips and picking at the dress.

“If you want,” He looked up at you, a small glint in his eye. “I can help you out.”

You smiled at him, turning away and trying to hold back the little giggles.

“You know, I think that would be nice.”

Hoseok smirked, trying to figure out just how to get it off. To be real, you weren’t all too sure about how to get it off without making a fool of yourself. You could tell that Hoseok was a little bummed, but then his eyes lit up.

“Would you mind if I did a little stretching with it?” he asked. You shook your head, raising your arms in that air.

“All yours!”

But this was not the stretching you were expecting.

He grabbed the collar of the dress, beginning to split it in half-- But ended up stopping. He looked to the side as if he had heard something, slowly bringing his hands away from your dress. He rolled his eyes, groaning as he realized what it was.

“That’s the boss….” he mumbled, referencing to the ringtone that was playing on his phone. You left out a heavy sigh, putting your hands on his shoulders and giving him a peck on the lips before rolling off of him.

While he got up, you lied on the bed, looking down at your dress that has a small rip in the middle. You groaned angrily now.

“C’mon now…” you mumbled, kicking your feet in the air.

Hoseok came running back in, staring you dead in the eyes.

“Stay here.”

“Why?” you asked, sitting up and watching him run around the room, grabbing various items here and there. He grabbed a pocket knife out of his nightstand drawer, flicking it out and making sure it was sharp before closing it and shoving it in his pocket. Kneeling down, he pulled out a big box from under his bed, quickly throwing the lid off.

“What is all that?” you asked, looking inside the box.

“Gases. All kinds of it.” he replied, grabbing a few bottles and throwing them into a bag. He put the lid back on, shoving it back under his bed before standing up and walking out of the room with his bag, leaving you stunned. A few seconds later, he returned crawling on the bed and cupping your cheeks, leaning in and giving you a deep kiss.

You tried to scooch closer to him, but he ended the kiss and backed away.

“Don’t. Leave.” was the last thing he said to you before leaving, the door slamming shut behind him.

You huffed, standing up and opening the door, grabbing your heels on the way out. You made your way outside, carefully following Hoseok and making sure that he didn’t see you, even if that meant hiding behind buildings and pretending you were a spy.

From the direction you were going in, it looked like you were going back to Triptych-- He did said that his boss called, but with the hustle he had, something bad must have happened. For a second, you regretted coming out, but what was just for a second. You continued the pursuit without a second thought.

Just like you had suspected, he was going to Triptych through the back entrance. You let out the most relieved sigh; standing at the door was a bandaged up Taehyung. Hoseok stopped at the door, obviously staring at Taehyung before going in for a hug. Taehyung gladly accepted it, patting Hoseok’s back as Hoseok more than likely squeezed the life out of Taehyung.

The hug ended, and the two shook hands, Hoseok adjusting the position of his bag before walking inside. You quickly ran to the door, putting your ear on it to try and eavesdrop on what was happening.

Although it was muffled, you did hear some things.

“Good, you’re here,” you heard Hoseok’s boss say.

“You remember the call I gave you, right?” he asked.

“They’re back.” Hoseok said, sounding exasperated.

“Correct. And we have to do something about it. They know your face, Taehyung’s face, and her face.” the boss said. You could feel the tension in the room. “You know what happens if they find her, right?”

You narrowed your eyes. There was no way that you were hearing right.

“They’d kill her.”

You removed your ear from the door, taking a step back. You shook your head, placing your ear back on the door, but you had heard nothing more. Hesitantly, you placed your hand on the knob, twisting it slowly and pulling it open, hoping that no one was there. Just like you wanted, there was no person in the room.

Silently, you snuck in hiding in the darker parts of the room to keep hidden. You heard voices from the other room, but they didn’t sound nice and conversing. It sounded like yelling and arguing.

Just as you were about to move closer, a hand covered your mouth, an arm gripping your waist and pulling you off in another direction.