Chapter Fifteen.

Triptych

“What the hell happened?” Jungkook yelled, pushing you out of the way and carefully taking the two containers out of Hoseok’s hands, setting them somewhere safe. He kept his eyes on you as he set the items down, quickly wiping his hands on his pants afterwards. In reply to his stares, you could only shake your head, playing with the shirt Hoseok gave you.

 

“I came out and told him that doing this isn’t funny--” you said, referring to his lying there.  “I thought he was joking around-- I’ve been sleeping--” you said, taking a few steps back.

 

Jungkook seemed panicked. He spilled his little black bag out onto the floor, searching around through the various bottles, needles, and tools. He picked up the needles one by one, looking at each of the labels he had on them until he found what he believed was the right one.

 

He held Hoseok’s hand, checking for a pulse. He shook his head, seeming a little bit more relieved, but still in a panic. He uncapped the needle, opening Hoseok’s eyes for a brief second, before patting a spot on Hoseok’s leg and quickly jamming the needle into his skin, pushing the contents in as well.

 

“Grab his phone, call Taehyung.”

 

Without saying anything, you looked around Hoseok’s desk for his phone, finding it tucked under his hand. You carefully lifted up his hand, grabbing the phone and dropping his hand as soon as you had the phone. Thankfully, there was no lock on it, and you were able to scroll through his contacts with ease. As soon as you found Taehyung’s name, you clicked on the green button and held the phone up to your ear.

 

“Hoseok! What’s up?” Taehyung said, obviously excited to hear from him. But he was in for a shock.

 

“Taehyung, there’s a problem--”

 

“Oh, why do you have Hoseok’s phone? Where is he anyways?”

 

“Not with us,” you mumbled.

 

“What do you mean? Did he go out to get something to eat?” he asked, sounding a little concerned.

 

“Well--” before you could finish your sentence, Jungkook snatched the phone out of your hand.

 

“He isn’t mentally present! He decided to sleep out in his little work place and not wear a mask,” Jungkook yelled, looking up at you. Seeing the mask on your face, he rolled his eyes and focused on Hoseok once more.

 

“Just shut up for a second!” he yelled into the phone. “I have no clue what he was playing around with, but whatever it was just screwed him up. We’re going to haul him outside to get some fresh air, and I’m going to stab him with every little needle I have until  he wakes up.”

 

Jungkook threw the phone across the floor, dumping Hoseok out of his seat.

 

“Grab his arms,” Jungkook commanded, grabbing his feet. You followed his instructions, grabbing at Hoseok’s ankles. Jungkook counted to three, and lifted him up. You did the same, obviously struggling. Bending over and trying to lift a man with the state your back was in was horrible, but there was no way that you were going to let Hoseok potentially die because you were hurting too much.

 

Jungkook kicked the door open and the two of you carried him as best as you could out into the open, carefully setting him on the ground. You took of the mask, throwing it to the side before fanning air into Hoseok’s face, hoping that it would work.

 

Jungkook came running back out right as a white car pulled up, a very distressed Taehyung hopping out of the car before it even stopped.

 

One by one, Jungkook uncapped the little needles, reading the label and thinking before stabbing Hoseok’s leg once more. Taehyung just stood there, absolutely flabbergasted as all of this happened.

 

“Wait wait wait wait--” he murmured.

 

“Taehyung shut up!” Jungkook yelled as he lightly tapped Hoseok’s face.

 

You looked over at Taehyung, and saw him running into Hoseok’s small little building, and from what you could see, he ran right into Hoseok’s bedroom.

 

A few seconds later, he came running back out with what looked like an incredibly tiny needle, just about a third of the size the ones Jungkook was using. Practically shoving Jungkook away, Taehyung kneeled next to Hoseok mumbling a small apology before jamming the little needle into his neck.

 

There was silence. No one spoke, no one moved. This silence seemed to last forever.

 

Hoseok’s eyes shot open, a small yell escaping his lips as he slapped where Taehyung had stuck him with the needle. As soon as his yell stopped, he was out of breath. His eyelids seemed to get heavy, and his breathing seemed forced.

 

“Oh god…” he muttered, looking up at you.

 

“Yah!” Jungkook yelled, standing up and facing you.

 

“This was all your fault!” he said, stepping towards you. “You couldn’t have lived without the mask? You were the one who was sleeping in the only room that doesn’t have much chemicals floating around, and yet you take the mask?” he yelled. He got closer and closer to you until he was just a foot away, staring you dead in the eye.

 

“Jungkook calm down--” Taehyung said, standing up. He seemed to be very tense, like he was keeping his guard up.

 

Jungkook took a step closer to you, pushing you back.

 

“You could have killed him! You almost did kill him!”

 

“Jungkook--”

 

Jungkook whipped around, grabbing a small black pocket knife from his pocket.

 

“Shut up, Taehyung.”

 

Taehyung froze in his steps, Hoseok lying on the ground, not sure of what to do. Taehyung stared at the knife, taking a few steps back with his hands up. Jungkook scoffed, turning back to you, the knife now being pointed at you.

 

“Your life doesn’t matter in all this. His does. You just wanted to cheat your way into a club for what. One night of hooking up with someone, since you can’t get anything with your personality?”

 

You glared at Jungkook, who smiled at you.

 

“I should just kill you right now.”

 

You took a step back as Jungkook got in a fighting stance. While keeping his eyes on you, he pointed to Taehyung who was trying to sneak up on him.

 

“Don’t think I won’t.”

 

Jungkook twirled the knife around, taking another step closer to you, aiming to attack. But-- he was brought down to the ground.

 

On top of him, wrestling for the knife, was Hoseok. Still out of breath, he was grabbing that the grip of the small knife, doing his best to point it down at Jungkook just enough to intimidate him.

 

You stood there, absolutely helpless. You heard the small click of a gun and looked over at the boys.

 

Hoseok was on top of Jungkook with the upper hand, the knife pointed down and Jungkook, who was fiercly pressing back up. But, there stood Taehyung, with a gun pointed at Jungkook’s head.

 

“Drop. The Knife. Jungkook.”

 

It took a few seconds for it to happen, but Jungkook let go of the knife, Hoseok throwing it to the side before standing up and stepping to your side. In fear of him falling over, you put Hosoek’s arm over your shoulder, wrapping one of your arms around his waist as you watched Taehyung turn from a happy go lucky boy to a ruthless kidnapper.

 

“You’re in deep , Jungkook. Get up.”

 

Slowly, Jungkook got up, placing his hands over his head, glaring at you once more before walking over to the car that Taehyung had arrived in. Without another word, Taehyung and Jungkook were off, more than likely to headquarters to be verbally beaten up by Seokjin.

 

You let out a deep breath and looked up at Hoseok, who was just staring off into the distance.

 

“We’re gonna stay out here for a little, okay?” you said, keeping your grip on Hoseok as tight as you could.


All Hoseok did was nod.