EXO Vow

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you remember that you were actually the one who held the frost power then?” Lu Han asks. I nod as hearing his words. “Now, you actually know as well that you have all the elements possessed by EXO vampires –us– are because of the bead you put on Minseok, right?”

     Once again I nod.

     “Now…,” Lu Han takes a breath, “… If you don’t mind, I would like to tell you how twelve of us ended up being together since before we were actually on our own paths.”

     I widely open my eyes. Yes. That’s it. I never know why those twelve vampires can be brothers. I mean, I just put my bead on Minseok, but why I should possess all the elements? I should just have the frost power just like before. It’s not like I can’t use the elements on earth, but I shouldn’t be connecting with them, complicatedly, just like this. There should be a reason somehow.

     I remember that there is no clan on earth that has bonded theirselves life EXO does. We have been ruled to be individual although we magically can feel and sense what the others do through the nature signs. For instance, Soohee unnie is a free vampire. She doesn’t belong to any sisterhood. Victoria as well, she is a free one. Although she cares a lot towards her clan and also stirs the perspectives of the witches, she never bonded with anyone.

     “I haven’t thought about that.” I whisper. “I am just too busy thinking of my own self.” I look at Lu Han. “Elaborate.” I order.

     Lu Han nods. “It happened after you gone.” He starts. “The world were getting worse. Human began to act inappropriately. Many of immortal beings pushed back to the wood or ran away to their dens. That was when I met Minseok and Kris. Three of us started to help each other and protect the nature. After that we met the rest of EXO members. Because of the condition that couldn’t be predicted we decided to make a vow.”

     “A vow?” I lowly groan.

     “Yes.” Lu Han nods. “An oath, that we wouldn’t be separated by any means.” He continues.

     “By doing what?” I line my eyes. They had been doing something.

     “Drinking each other blood.” Lu Han nervously says; his eyes move to the right and left.

     “Are you guys crazy?” I yelp. “That’s not how nature works.” I stand up from my seat. “It has been strictly written on heaven that we can’t drink our own friends’ blood. You guys drank human’s blood, that’s your nature. But drinking your own brother’s blood? You guys crazy.”

    “Calm down.” Lu Han holds my wrist. “Sit down, please.” He asks me to sit. Inhaling deeply, I sit on my chair again. “We know that what we did was wrong. The deed could only be done by bad immortals. But, we didn’t have any choice at the moment.”

     I sigh. “Then?”

     “Then…,” He doubtfully looks at me, “… That happened.”

     “What?”

     “We craved over Minseok’s blood.” He gazes me as I gasp. “Eleven of us started feeling needy of Minseok’s blood. We didn’t know the reason…,” He closes his eyes as if remembering something. “… Of course Minseok trained us to hold ourselves. He was the most powerful one after all. But that time was the hardest time I ever had in my life. You know, the hunger of his blood was greater than desiring human’s blood.”

      “My bead.” I whisper inaudible.

      “Yes.” Lu Han utters. “Your bead made Minseok’s blood delicious for us.”

      “I am sorry.” That is what I can say.

       “It’s okay. It’s all in the past.” He laughs. “The reason I tell you this story, Sarang, is because, bonding ourseleves with blood is so much greater than channelling with various ways. Of course it is not permitted by nature –BUT, that’s it actually strong.”

       “Ehm… okay?”

        “So…,” Lu Han breathes, “… I have thought that maybe to make you channeling with us easily without having to get the rough time by training day by day is… by drinking our blood.”

       I gasp in silent.

      “Do you realize why you end up having the twelve elements on your soul although you are actually the Highness of nature that can possess any power you want? It’s actually because of the bead you gave to Minseok in the early world and because… you are channelling with him knowing nothing at all about our bond.” He smiles. “We share each of our element along with our blood assimilated in our veins. Interesting, right?”

      “Indeed.” I reply huskily.

      “The most interesting part is although we know that we have a little fragments of each other’s elements, we can’t summon them. Our element power is still the master of our body. But, you…, you are different, Your Highness. The bead in Minseok’s soul is your another half and it pulls you towards Minseok. No wonder even when you just met Minseok on our concert back then, you had felt that you might have met him. The bead is the connection between you two, I may say.” Lu Han argues. “But that’s not enough to channel with him, Sarang. It will be just fine if only Minseok never made the vow with us. But, because he did, you get the consequences.”

       “So do you mean…,” I roll my eyes before speaking again, “… I should drink your guys blood?”  

       “Not us.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter