Arrival

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

1. Fallen Star, the Front Guardian

 

I wake up when Dujun oppa shrugs my shoulder. Lazily I open my eyes. “We are here.” He speaks. “You seem having bad dream.” Dujun oppa opens the car door as I see an old house in front of me. The car is parked in the wide yard where the old house stands so firmly. It looks like an old house that has been abandoned for decades. I climb out the car when Dujun oppa stands beside me with my luggage. “This is the training center.” He says. I turn my head towards him with arching brows.

     “This house?” I ask quietly.

     “Yes.” He nods. “Although it looks old, this house keeps our secrecy.”

     “O… okay.” I just shrug my shoulders before following Dujun oppa who walks before me towards the main door. I look around the house. Well, this house is sure old. The white wall has become darker and there is no sign of people cleaning this place. The leaves spread all over the veranda and yard. I sigh seeing this terrible sight.

     Dujun oppa stops in front of the door. I eye him who looks like talking to the door. “Are you talking to the door, oppa?” I question unknowingly. He chuckles right before suddenly the door hangs opened. My eyes open widely. “The door … has opened.” I mumble.

     “Of course.” Dujun oppa giggles while dragging me to enter the house. “Our friends have waited for our arrival.” He continues. “Follow me.” He walks towards a main hall that is completely empty. I round my eyes realizing that we are standing in a hall. On top of that, a big one. This house actually is big. It has the design of church. The ceiling and roof are built tall. Also, there are paintings all over the ceiling, like angles or something like that. I don’t know though because the characters on the paintings more like compilation of races which are not exactly humans. I reckon a picture of maybe a vampire seeing from its fangs and also the red color drawing in the corner of its lips. There is something more interesting though. I find a certain character with wings and bow, like cupids. But, it doesn’t have anything like golden ring above its head. What is this kind?

    “Sarang…,” I hear Dujun oppa calls me. I stop learning the paintings and follow after him. “What are you looking?” He asks. “Are the paintings good?” He gazes me from the corner of his eyes.

     I nod. “There are so many kinds of people there.” I utter. “What are they?”

     “They are our kinds.” He answers. “There is something that caught your interest?”

     “Yes.” I reply. “The cupid one.”

     “Cupid?” He repeats.

     “Yap. The one with wings and bow.” I explain. “Angle?”

     “Fallen Star.” He mutters. “Our Front Guardian.” He continues.

     “What?” I almost chock by my own spit when he says those weird words. “What Fallen Star?”

     “The Front Guardian.” He says in return. “They are Fallen Star.” He speaks again. “They are those who will stand on the front when there is war. Their bows are faster than lighting speed.” He continues. “I think some of them are here.” He looks at me. “You’ll meet them soon.”

     My jaw practically drops. I never expect to meet anything similar with this… thing. I mean, is that even possible… from Vampires, Witches, Wizards, Spell-teller, Beast, or Sources… and now, Front Guardian? Am I dreaming right now? This all starts from the weird obsession of those EXO vampires towards me. How come I am here at the first place? It’s because Minseok kissed me? Or, me being targeted by Vic? Or Lu Han and Kris who wanted to stop Vic? Why… am I… freaking here?

      Dujun oppa and I have crossed the hall. And in front of me now is another door, smaller than the main one. There is something looks similar with intercom by its side. Dujun oppa presses some number buttons before suddenly the door slides open. I jerk, when the door opens. It doesn’t look like door that connects to another room. But, it’s an elevator.

      “Elevator…?” I mumble, more to myself.

     “Yes.” Dujun oppa grabs my wrist and drags me to the elevator. “Okay. Let’s meet with our friends.” When we are completely inside the elevator, the door automatically closes. But this is not a regular elevator. I can feel that it moves faster hundreds time than the usual. I even can feel how shaky when it moves and how dizzy or how queasy I am. It feels like riding a freaking fast rollercoaster. It feels surreal, mind blown at its best.

     And, when suddenly the door produces the ‘ding’ sound I sigh in relieved. The door opens right when I want to vomit. “Are you okay?” Dujun oppa massages my shoulder. I look up while shaking my head. “I am not okay…,” But before I can finish my words, I have this urge to vomit.

    “O wait… wait…,” Then Dujun oppa helps me to get out from the damn elevator and brings me to the room next to it. It’s a toilet. Thanks God, they know how to use toilet at least. “I’ll wait outside.” Dujun oppa speaks before opening the toilet door for me. I run to the nearest cubicle before vomiting. I flash the water after finishing my business. Now it feels better. I open the door right when I hit something on my face. What the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter