Messages

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I brought you to the EXO concert back then in hope to make you realize who you were actually, Your Highness. I had used some spell from Spell Tellers so that the Vampire brothers didn’t realize my Beast existence.”

     I look straight at the girl who stands right before me. Hyerim.

    “When this message comes to you, I believe, I have died –and probably the rest of my kind. I had asked my best friend, a witch named Amber –soon, you’ll meet her too– to plant this message on your dream. Well… can I call you Sarang?” Her eyes look wavering. I just keep looking at her, closing my lips thight. “Sarang… listen…, it’s been nice to live with you all this time… to protect you… to watch you… and to learn the meaning of having sister… I really feel so grateful. Don’t ever feel sorry when most of us going to die or lose like the wind, we do this isn’t because of you. We do this because we are part of this earth and nature. We protect the world. Just like you. You shouldn’t blame yourself for everything that happens…,” she stops for awhile.

    “I just want you to keep strong on your feet so that the other won’t give up and keep moving forward.” She sighs. “I don’t know that you once again chose to save Kris –just like when you chose to save Minseok in the early of creation– and asked Tao to turn back the time. I had lost all the memories about that. Lu Han and Victoria told me and Dujun about this. I worked hard every night to catch you and Lu Han in your room, but that boy was smart…,” Hyerim chuckles, “… How can I beat him who can control the mind? He goes here and there without needs any effort as long as he works his mind best.” She smiles. “See? You have great people around you. Lu Han. Minseok. Dujun. And many others. So don’t worry, it’s all not your fault. It’s all our responsibility to protect the world and prevent the mortal genocide.  

     “Listen, Sarang…. I need to tell you this –if only Dujun doesn’t have time to tell you– that your parents most likely were killed. They were not merely dead in accident. I believe one of our kind killed them. It was impossible though for Element Holders to die in a car accident like that. They could control elements…,” and suddenly Hyerim’s face became blurry, “… they…,”

     It’s like a broken video, I can’t get what Hyerim says.

     “It must be him who killed them. And, please say to Chanyeol that I still love him after all the passing time… –”

     Hyerim’s face starts to be more like a shadow.

    “Hyerim? Who is he??” I ask in between the mist that suddenly surrounds us. “Hyerim?” But no one answers me, instead the mist getting thicker and I am blinded. I can’t see anything and slowly my breath is shallow. It feels so suffocated, I can’t breath any longer.

 

“Sarang?”

    Someone shakes my body as I can feel that the mist starts dismissing. Slowly the light hits my pupil as I am quivering hard recalling the dream just now.

    Your parent most likely were killed. They were not merely dead in accident.

   That’s not true, right? I hope that’s not true. I hope it’s just a dream. But, I didn’t just dream. My dream isn’t a mere dream. There were messages and memories in these every corners.

    “Sarang?”

    Once again someone shakes my body. I look up to see those beautiful eyes look at me worriedly. “Are you okay?” The eyes owner whispers while caressing my cheek.

   “Huh?” I hurriedly sit in shock as realizing that Minseok has woken up. “Min… seok?” I widen my eyes as seeing Minseok sitting on the bed right in front of me. “Are you … okay?” I ask before unconsciously hugging him. “OMAYA…,” I scream before pulling myself away from him, “you are freezing. So cold.”

    “Of course,” He giggles, “I am sick. I feel so damn weak.” He continues. “I need blood maybe.” He arches one of his brows. “And more sleep.”

    “I…,” I gaze his body –there are many burnt wounds there– and looks up to meet his eyes, “… I’ll bring you some hot-blood. Is that okay?”

    He laughs. “Are you kidding me? You just got bad dream… or, a memory again?” He smirks. “Do you think you have energy to even walk out from the bed? You even have shared energy with me… if not how can I wake up like this…,”

    “I am fine.” I utter. “Maybe just a little weak, that’s all.” I pout. “After all, that was not a bad dream. I won’t lose my energy because of that.”

    “What dream then?” Minseok asks.

    “Just a message from Hyerim.” I answer.

    “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter