The Sick Minseok

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I miss you.”

     I arch my brows. “Not funny.” I hiss. “By the way, tell me why you guys disguise yourself to be idols in this era?” I whisper. “Dujun oppa won’t tell me the reason.”

    Minseok chuckles hearing my utterance. “Is that even important for you to know why we decide to disguise to be idols?” I look at him, nodding. “Uhm…,” He rolls his eyes, “Well… there is this reason why in this era we decide to mask ourselves into idols…,” He hums, “… It’s because it will be easy for us to carry our duty to protect the nature.”

     “Protect nature from what?” I question.

     “Anything possible.” He answers. “If there is an apocalypse for example, we think that mortals, especially our fans will be easier to get saved since they believe us.”

     I look at him in a daze. That is possible. Really. Well, they do use their brains. “So, you want to be idols that you can save people when the earth or nature is attacked by something dangerous. By being idols people will easily recognize you all and believe you faster…. Well, that sounds damn like a conspiracy.”

     “Well, we are actually…,” He inhales, “… the biggest conspirator in this earth. We are the biggest secret organization mortals never imagine will exist.”

     I gasp. The biggest secret organization… that sounds damn magnificent. “So, do you have leader or something like that?” I ask. Minseok laughs makes his eyes close beautifully.

     “We don’t have one.” He replies. “But we have the Ancient Spirits look over us.” He continues. “They are those who control each clan. But having a leader for all of us, that is like decade ago. Since Catcher is rare and they are not immortals, we lose them many times.”

      I nod. “Why there is a creature that is after Catcher by the way?”

      “Sarang…,” Minseok whispers.

      “Uh?”

      “If I tell you many things like this, you should ask Dujun first. He is your main protector.” He sighs. “Although I don’t mind to tell you everything, but still, after knowing that you are a Catcher, there is a procedure not even a lover like me can cross the line.”

      Hearing his ‘even a lover’ words make me feel my cheeks reddening. “Stop act like you are my lover, Minseok.” I stand up from my seat. “I am a Catcher, you need to respect me. Don’t act like you know me well.”

     Minseok eyes me. He looks confused. On the other side, N and Ravi turn their heads towards me as well upon hearing the commotion I makes. “Sarang…,” I hear Minseok mumbles my name.

      “You need to respect me. You need to see the line, Minseok.” I utter. “If you can’t see the line, I’ll draw it one myself.”

      “Your Majesty…,” N calls me, “… what’s wrong?”

      “You don’t need line with him…,” Ravi adds, “… He will walk with you together.”

      I turn my head towards him. “W—wh—what? Walk with me, you say?” I blink my eyes in disbelief.

      “Ravi!” Minseok hushes him. “You don’t have right to talk about that.”

      N pats Ravi’s head. “Sorry, Minseok.” He speaks. “D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter