The Call

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun has risen. It elevates the darkness that surrounds the world during the night. The moon hides behind the great mountains and dismisses on the edge of the sea. The earth once again rotates for another day to come. Another day to wake, breath, walk and run. Except for one. For the girl that I love so much to death who is now sleeping peacefully on her bed, just like the usual morning I am supposed to wake her up. However, as realizing how her chest does not move, anyone can see that she does not breathe anymore. She has fallen asleep to a deep slumber of death.

     My best friend, Hyerim.

     Lu Han opens the curtains and lets the sunshine showers the room. I stand still on my place when the sunshine hits Hyerim’s body. Her body slowly and surely changes from a human form into something that looks like a beast –an animal with furs. The furs cover her skin, and her face changes as well into a beast. She has lost her human form. She is completely a beast.

     I widened my eyes in shock, never once knew and would imagine that Hyerim is also a magical creature. I gasp with my palms instantly cover my mouth. Minseok holds my shoulder as he realizes that I tremble so badly right now. “It’s okay, Sarang… it’s okay…,” he whispers on to my ear, “I am here.” I just ignore his words.

     “I’ll do it, now.” Suddenly Dujun oppa speaks. I look up at him. He looks at me in reply. “We should let her soul fly free, Sarang…,” He gazes me. “Let her go, Sarang, and don’t cry when I set her soul free, understand?”

     I nod, holding my tears.

     “Okay. I’ll do it now. Lu Han, will you help me to stay far away from here?” Dujun oppa looks at Lu Han intensely. “Your telekinetic does not help at all here. Do you know what I mean, don’t you?”

     Lu Han’s brows furrow as he nods. “I see…,” he utters, “I’ll wait on the kitchen, perhaps.”

     “That’s good idea.” Dujun oppa smiles. “Sorry, Lu Han.”

    “It’s okay, Dujun.” With that Lu Han glances at me for a second before heading out of the room. I look back at Hyerim’s beast body which lies motionless waiting for her soul to be set free.

     “Dujun, now….” Victoria who is standing on the corner of the room for all this time suddenly mutters.

   “I get it, Vic.” Dujun oppa nods to Victoria before walking nearer towards Hyerim’s bed. The room is totally quiet when Dujun oppa spells something. “Let the purest heart of any pure-blood Beast accepts the disposal of earthling and welcome the journey of the purifying on the after world. Regard for the ancestors to bring the sunrise to elevate the soul to the heaven…,” And the rest of the spell is hard to catch on. It see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter