The Following

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We have used mostly half of our power here. For normal people, once we pressed our palm on their skins, they will burn and die afterward. This girl…,” Chanyeol looked at me thouroughly, “with eleven of us, just screaming, and nothing happen. What are you exactly?” He hissed, “I give up.” Then Chanyeol sat on the couch.

     “Me too.” Said Chen. “It’s no good for us.”

     “ it!” Shouted Luhan. “I hate this girl!” He crossed the room hurriedly, got out, and slammed the door harshly.

     They were wrong, I was about to faint now, like really now. The sweat ran on my temples. When I was about to close my eyes because of exhausted, a voice like thunder could be heard from the front door which is slammed opened. I could barely open my eyes; there I saw….

 

 

     “Hah…,” I open my eyes widely as welcomed by the darkness, sweats form on my forehead and my hair in a mess. That moment was still clearly portrayed in my dream just now –the moment where those twelve vampires palmed me. I gasp, gazing the room. It is not the room where they palm me. I shut my eyes closed, remembering that I should be in the room with them busy palming me… but… I squeeze the soft sheet with my bare legs. I opened my eyes once again, realizing that this is my room. Was that just now a mere dream? Really? But, that felt so real…

 

     I hope that was just a dream…

 

     I grip the blanket that covers my body when realizing something hurts my body. Recognizing that the pain comes from the entire skin of mine, I open the blanket and gasp in shock when seeing that blue bruises have formed on my entire skin. I saw my hands, terrified by the sight. What happens?

 

     That is the effect of the palming.

 

     I jerk when hearing a man’s voice talking in my room. I line my eyes to get better vision in this dark room. As I fail observing the voice owner, I whisper, “Who is that?” try to maintain a subtle voice.

 

     Me.

 

     “Who?” I blink my eyes while caressing my bruises. “Who the hell are you? Don’t hide.” I yelp in frustration. Is it either that jerk Kris or the jealous Lu Han?

 

     Ho ho. Why do you think I am Kris?

 

     He speaks again. Damn it. I groan before completely kick the blanket off and reach the desk lamp beside my bed. Once the lamp on, I turn my head to the middle of the room where I can see someone I won’t ever like to meet standing with a smirk formed in his lips. My jaw drops while unconsciously my body is back away. The instinct drives me that I should stay far away from him. He was the one that never liked me before.

 

     Sarang, calm down. I am here to help.

 

    I don’t know what else to say as realizing that he doesn’t even open his mouth when talking. Is he talking inside my mind? Minseok didn’t talk in my mind… he spoke with his lips… although he could reach my mind, somehow...

 

     Minseok…?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter