Collapse

OVERDOSE: Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have decided not to do it…,” I say.

 

     “Why?” Dujun oppa looks at me sternly. “It’s not like you can choose to do it, or not, Sarang. You must.” He sighs while crossing his hands in front of his chest. He leans backward on his seat. “Period.” He adds.

      “Who are you to tell me things?” I frown. He’s about to open his mouth to interrupt me, when I burst say, “Okay, you are the only oppa I have, but you are not the one who tells me to do what…,” I lock my eyes on his.

      “Listen, Sarang…,” He leans forward while lining his eyes, “… Your encounter with Lu Han, or Minseok, or the other immortals, or magical creatures that you had met before, and probably any silly things that had happened, that could happen because you knew nothing about what your role in this world…,” He utters, “Knowing your fate and just accepting it, will prevent another silly things to happen, Sarang.”

       I gaze his eyes before turning my head to the other direction of the room. This morning Dujun oppa and I have promised to meet, so we are here, in a coffee shop where we first met. “I do not want to have anything to do with you –all of you.” I say afterwards. “I just want to live a normal life.” I add. “I do not want to get myself involve to the other world…,” I sigh, “… nothing will change even if I am being trained. Your world do not change to be better, or what, even if I go to the training center.” I mutter. “Just stop this. And, let’s forget that I am a Catcher, and I will pretend that you are just a normal young man, oppa.”

       Dujun oppa massages his temple, in frustration. “Sarang… you don’t know…,” He whispers.

      “Okay, I don’t know and I do not even want to know. So, please, let’s stop talking about this, and I need to go now. I have some interviews to do this noon.” I utter. “I’ll call you later, oppa.” I say as I stand from my seat and lightly bow towards him before heading to the door.

       Of course, avoiding this Catcher path, or whatever it is, is a good choice. That is what I thought, knowing nothing of what will happen next.

 

      It is already dusk when I get home and find Hyerim busy on the kitchen. “Hyerim…,” I back hug Hyerim who stands on the side of the counter that turns out she is chopping some rice cake. “What do we have for dinner?” I ask, while moving to the other side of the counter, and picking some peanuts from its jar.

      “I want some spicy rice cake…,” She answers, “… So, how was the interview?”

      “Ouch, .” I roll my eyes. “That senior fashion designer, acted as if I was a trash, you know…” I sigh while sitting on the wooden chair, “I pray that company won’t call me.”

      “And, the interview with the artist agency?” Hyerim turns her head to me, while taking the other ingredients for the spicy rice cake. “Were they okay?”

      “I think working there is better.” I giggle. “You know, the people who interviewed me were funny…, and their sense of fashion kind of crazy and wild.” I explain chuckling. “God, you got to see them yourself, Hyerim.” I continue. “If I work there, I’ll probably design for the artist’s clothes. Not so much pressure and the payment is good too.”

     “Really? I hope you do well…!” She smiles while reaching her hand to get a hi-five from me. “You should get shower before having dinner.” She suggests. “You smell like a hobo…” She giggles.

      “Yah… stop thaaaatt…,” I whine, “Okay, I’ll be right back.” I say before starting to climb the stairs.

 

      I don’t have any idea how, but today the weather is especially chilly than the other days. Getting out from the bathroom, I run to the windows so that I can close them because of the wind makes the room even colder. I am trying to close the window when the curtain is swayed by the wind and suddenly there is something firm hits my face and I fall on the floor. “What the…,” as I look up I see someone standing, grinning to me. I frown as getting up from my position. “What are you doing? So childish…,” I hiss as I walk passed him through and close the window.

      “Sorry…,” He replies. “I am just coming to play.” He shrugs his shoulders.

     “If you want to play some games, better go to some PC rooms.” I scoff. The other person widens his eyes upon hearing my words. “Why?” I confront.

     “That’s not vampire’s style…,” He retorts. “Play with you is my style…,” He winks.

     “I do not want to play with you this night. What are you, every night coming here just to do random things? Not like I reacted to what you did either…,” I sigh, “you are actually wasting your time, Kim Minseok.” I hiss.

     “Oh…, but, you like to be with Lu Han?” He speaks. “He sleeps with you, he hugs you, he –”

     “Stop that already, okay?” I punch his chest. “We are friends.”

     “Me too. We are friends too. So, I can come too, just like what he did. Am I wrong?” Minseok trails behind me when I reach my standing mirror to tie my hair. I see my own figure that looks so tiny –I need to eat more–when suddenly Minseok has stood behind me while his hand slips on the sides of my body. I look at him through the mirror. I slap his hands before turning my body so that I can defense myself from his touch or any other attempts he wants to do towards me.

     “Don’t think easy of me.” I utter, eyes fixed on him.

     He chuckles while ruffling his hair. “Damn it, Sarang, you like me, you gave me your blood, you enjoyed it, you can’t get away from that addiction. Don’t pretend you don’t like me…,” He keeps talking as I feel the weather getting chillier than before –ever.

    “That was a mistake.” I breathe. “I don’t like you.” I continue, barely audible. “I don’t like… –” before I can finish my words, I jolt to the sound of door banging from the downstairs. Minseok and I look into each other before opening the door and run downstairs. “What the hell is that?” I yelp as in few seconds later I hear Hyerim screaming her lung out. “Hyerim? Hyerim?” I call her, as I hear Minseok runs after me.

     “BRAK… BANG… CRASSH…”

     “What the heck…,” Minseok mutters, walking fast, as I realize he has already up front of me, flying through the staircase. As I get in the end of the staircase, I can see that the front door is hanging opened and broken, and it seems like someone has opened it forcefully. Suddenly Minseok flies towards my side. “Why?” I whisper as feeling something is not right here.

     “I can somehow smell the scent of magical creature here…,” He speaks, “stay by my side.” He demands. “Where is your friend?”

     “She is supposed to be on the kitchen.” I say, tugging on the tip of his shirt. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter